Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by joer1212
Because it's very late in the game at this point, and I'll probably be paying as much for economy class on another airline as I did on Comfort Class. If they do remove Comfort Class, I'd rather fly with Turkish in economy and pocket the difference which they will have to reimburse me.

And, by the way, why wouldn't they make an offer (like an upgrade) for something that they did wrong? I paid for a Comfort Class seat, and it's only fair that I get what I paid for. If they had not intention of honoring what I paid for, they should not have allowed me to purchase this seat, and then brazenly do a bait-and-switch. If such a case were brought to a civil court, I would win, hands down.

This is TK, they unique and I don't have any high expections from them.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:51 am

And, by the way, why wouldn't they make an offer (like an upgrade) for something that they did wrong? I paid for a Comfort Class seat, and it's only fair that I get what I paid for. If they had not intention of honoring what I paid for, they should not have allowed me to purchase this seat, and then brazenly do a bait-and-switch. If such a case were brought to a civil court, I would win, hands down.
They will offer you an Up IF you are willing to pay they fare difference.
A lot of other airlines would do the same !
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by dimmedlights
This is TK, they unique and I don't have any high expections from them.
It's funny that I actually thought they were considered to be a good airline. I was reading nothing but positive reviews about them until now.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:58 am

It's funny that I actually thought they were considered to be a good airline. I was reading nothing but positive reviews about them until now.
They are a good airline as long as there are no problems
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by moeser
They will offer you an Up IF you are willing to pay they fare difference.
A lot of other airlines would do the same !
I'm sorry, I don't care what anyone says, but this is just not right.

It's one thing if you got downgraded because of circumstances beyond an airline's control, it's quite another when they deliberately screw a passenger well beforehand, and choose not to tell him about it until the last minute. That is most definitely not beyond their control. If they do this, it's only right that they fairly compensate the passenger for it.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thread back open for business. Everyone is reminded of the FT Rules and Guidelines. Failure to do so will be dealt with accordingly!

starflyergold
TK Miles&Smiles forum moderator

Last edited by starflyergold; Aug 8, 2013 at 2:53 am Reason: mod review
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:20 am

the lounge will be less congested when tk eliminates cc
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Comfort Class does not give access to the lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
the lounge will be less congested when tk eliminates cc
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Comfort Class does not give access to the lounge.
If that drives the other airlines' *G back to other airlines then perhaps yes, and I'm sure it will. I'm not sure how keen I'm going to be transiting IST once the CC ex-Asia is gone, but for now it makes sense for me as it's a comfortable ride and a small premium and I earn a few more miles by connecting a bit out of the way. I imagine on company paid trips I'll move to LH after their premium econ opens up.

But otherwise I think the lounge is just suffering from TK's rapid expansion. They're carrying about 40 million pax a year now, a lot of transit pax rather than O&D, so all of those who are in C or *G use the lounge, plus the growing number of other *A airlines now serving IST has their C and *G in the lounge... it's a great lounge and I loved it when it first opened but too small now for what IST has become, perhaps when it was designed they didn't take into consideration TKs very aggressive growth plans. A mirrored copy at the other end of the terminal would be great.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:35 pm

Add to the fact that they hand out Gold cards in the cereal boxes... no wonder it is crowded. It's usually ok the times I travel, but sometimes one has to walk around a lap or two to find a good seat.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by dvs7310
If that drives the other airlines' *G back to other airlines then perhaps yes, and I'm sure it will. I'm not sure how keen I'm going to be transiting IST once the CC ex-Asia is gone, but for now it makes sense for me as it's a comfortable ride and a small premium and I earn a few more miles by connecting a bit out of the way. I imagine on company paid trips I'll move to LH after their premium econ opens up.
TK really needs to reconsider the decision, perhaps cut the seats down to 28-35 in a 777 and offer only O and U fares as I'm in exactly the same boat and will only fly TK (if CC is gone completely) if travelling to Turkey using upgrade vouchers.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by vincewy
TK really needs to reconsider the decision, perhaps cut the seats down to 28-35 in a 777 and offer only O and U fares as I'm in exactly the same boat and will only fly TK (if CC is gone completely) if travelling to Turkey using upgrade vouchers.
I'm not sure cutting out A fares will help much. They just need to price to the market which I'd say is not their strong point. I've seen a number of points with no published A fare and the O fare was priced at fire sale prices and also other markets where both A and O are bargain basement though it's gotten a lot "better" (meaning smarter pricing on their side), even still the only one consistently priced between Economy and Business is the U fare.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
Add to the fact that they hand out Gold cards in the cereal boxes... no wonder it is crowded. It's usually ok the times I travel, but sometimes one has to walk around a lap or two to find a good seat.
handing out gold cards ???????
it's their own FF that enables to bring in the entire clan into the lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:13 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
hi folks. haven't been following this thread for a while. since my last trip back in november. and since then there has been discussions of removing the CC class. I'm looking to book in CC for december. any updates or solid leads on this.

I will most likely buy CC and upgrade to business on the way there (LAX - IST) but not for the way back. I'm trying to make sure if CC will still be around.

thoughts??
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:11 am

They are not removing CC on existing planes but not installing it on new. That's the only info that's been said. They are still marketing CC. I get emails from them about it etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.