Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by vincewy
Rather than waiting for LH's Premium Economy, I've just priced out SK's Economy Plus and they could be a viable alternative to CC should TK decide to remove it.

Any feedback/suggestions? Perhaps this should be discussed in EuroBonus section, however, even the lowest B fares give 150% M&S miles and they codeshare with UA on domestic tag-on connections for almost the same price as with ORD, IAD, and EWR.
But SAS Economy Extra is such a joke in comparison to CC...
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
But SAS Economy Extra is such a joke in comparison to CC...
Food and service in SAS Plus doesn't even match that of TK Economy. And of course not to mention the obscene pricing which rivals that of most Business Class fares.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by LH4116
Food and service in SAS Plus doesn't even match that of TK Economy. And of course not to mention the obscene pricing which rivals that of most Business Class fares.
With the exceptions of OSL, ARN, and CPH from North America where you can connect TK to BKK (lowest business class fares to Asia). The assessment is correct, however, most of us know we're only paying for the extra space.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by vincewy
With the exceptions of OSL, ARN, and CPH from North America where you can connect TK to BKK (lowest business class fares to Asia). The assessment is correct, however, most of us know we're only paying for the extra space.
Actually, and though it's not in Europe, CAI has the lowest business class fares to Asia; check out CAI-KUL with TK, you'll be surprised
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Actually, and though it's not in Europe, CAI has the lowest business class fares to Asia; check out CAI-KUL with TK, you'll be surprised
Except from CAI I'd rather fly with WY Business Class (best value as price isn't always everything).

As mentioned, if CC is gone there'll still be plenty of alternatives to Asia.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
The problem I have with SAS to PVG though is that it leaves CPH too early,
this is so true.
checked lots of connections for HAM-CPH-PVG and it wants me to spend 11 or even 19 hours @ CPH.

kind of sad, especially since SAS in biz is roughly the same as TK CC.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:41 am

Just noticed that the Comfort Class is no longer available for the flights to Shanghai starting from end of September, the aircraft is still indicated as Boeing 777-300ER. Maybe they will expand the business class and remove the comfort class on this route?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pandablood

kind of sad, especially since SAS in biz is roughly the same as TK CC.
In terms of food then maybe TK comfort has the upper hand, but when it comes to the seat it doesn't come near. Even the worst Business Class seats will be a million times more comfortable than the best Economy or Premium Economy seats. I would say that the comfort of the SAS Business seat is the equivalent of those found on TK's A340.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
but as a premium economy product its one of the best in the market... for someone who isn't looking for or can't afford the J experience - this is a nice middle ground.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by avm2806
but as a premium economy product its one of the best in the market... for someone who isn't looking for or can't afford the J experience - this is a nice middle ground.
Agreed. I'd rank TK Comfort as the best both in terms of the hard product, food and the price. Fares are very reasonable, and not at all obscene like most other airlines who offer Y+.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by LH4116
Agreed. I'd rank TK Comfort as the best both in terms of the hard product, food and the price. Fares are very reasonable, and not at all obscene like most other airlines who offer Y+.
If you can score the cheap fares. Those are extremly good value.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Debian_alex
Just noticed that the Comfort Class is no longer available for the flights to Shanghai starting from end of September, the aircraft is still indicated as Boeing 777-300ER. Maybe they will expand the business class and remove the comfort class on this route?
Too bad for those in the market for Comfort Class. But it was selling pretty bad to Shanghai and Business is always full. I must say it's a shame they don't keep maybe a third of the Comfort section at least. They still have the best Premium Eco product i think.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Too bad for those in the market for Comfort Class. But it was selling pretty bad to Shanghai and Business is always full. I must say it's a shame they don't keep maybe a third of the Comfort section at least. They still have the best Premium Eco product i think.
Was in LAX last month and the check in agent there said that comfort class isn't going anywhere. Then again I don't think that adds much weight to the cause, comfort class was 60% full on my flight.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:23 pm

Any updates on Comfort Class going away this year? So far we have

IST-PVG-IST (end of Sept)
IST-IAH-IST (July 28th)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: TK ELITE
the new 777's delivered ( I've seen it myself) only have Business and Economy class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.