Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:26 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by erteke
Did anyone have a similar experience with the KVS tool?
Could you provide a specific flight #/date?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by erteke
Did anyone have a similar experience with the KVS tool?
KVS's flight availability is from FlightStats.com which is available for free here: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...vailability.do so you can compare the results yourself.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
I don't have high expectations regarding the LH Y+ and doubt that it will come close to TK's CC. I fear it will be rather something like UA or SK Y+ with a few centimetres more legroom and slightly better catering for a significant surcharge.
UA's E+ is nothing more than a few extra inches of pitch, not an enhanced service or catering. It should not be confused with, or compared to, premium economy offerings.

That said, I found CC and ideal enhanced economy product, almost as good as UA's old C seat and service. Do&Co meals were great, though the wines could have been better (from the front cabin and not the back one) and like inflight service in business, FAs vanished once the meal had been cleared away. Also, there was never a policing of washrooms so while the actual CC loos were at the rear of the cabin, everyone seemed to use the business class ones at the front, between business and CC. Of course the toilet on the right side of the plane (looking forward) was on of the largest loos in the sky!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by KVS
Could you provide a specific flight #/date?

2014-05-18 TK 1 IST-JFK

thanks

p.s. flighttats.com says the date is too far out.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: TK E+
Interestingly, TK call center says CC loads are fine (at least for TATL flights) and that they are not informed of the removal of CC class. Though previous experience says what the call center says should be taken with a grain of salt.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
If you buy up to CC at the airport does the fare bucket change to U A or O?

I'm thinking about a ticket that in T on the way there and P on the way back. I want to credit to UA and P won't help but if I buy up to CC on the way back and that credits to UA I'll take the chance.

If I couldn't buy up can you credit one half to UA and the second to TK. Any experience with this?

Last edited by jvquarterback; Jun 28, 2013 at 9:59 am
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Originally Posted by Shareholder
UA's E+ is nothing more than a few extra inches of pitch, not an enhanced service or catering. It should not be confused with, or compared to, premium economy offerings.

That said, I found CC and ideal enhanced economy product, almost as good as UA's old C seat and service. Do&Co meals were great, though the wines could have been better (from the front cabin and not the back one) and like inflight service in business, FAs vanished once the meal had been cleared away. Also, there was never a policing of washrooms so while the actual CC loos were at the rear of the cabin, everyone seemed to use the business class ones at the front, between business and CC. Of course the toilet on the right side of the plane (looking forward) was on of the largest loos in the sky!
Normally they are quiet strict about people using the correct toilets.
But i have to admit i don't have have experience with CC class planes.
I even was onetime chased away from the business class toilet by the flight attended and she informed me that the economy toilets where in the back of the plane.
She only forgot that i was seated in business class. lol never received so many excuses.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder

That said, I found CC and ideal enhanced economy product, almost as good as UA's old C seat and service.
CC is an excellent product but it is nowhere close to old UA C which reclined very deep and the leg rest came up also very high. The seat itself is great but TK limited the recline and the lift of the leg rest for a very good reason.

The difference in seat comfort between old UA C and TK CC is huge.

Nevertheless, very sad to see CC go.

On the other hand a larger business class cabin will also be most welcome especially with rock bottom fares in business class from markets like Spain, Greece, Thailand etc.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: TK Elite
What are the chances the comfort class will be gone in August/September? I am flying to Hong Kong a month from today via IST! I really hope it'll still be there :/
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
I don't think Comfort Class is gone anytime soon. I was just at Turkish office today and they are still selling Comfort Class well into next spring at this time.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
What are the chances the comfort class will be gone in August/September? I am flying to Hong Kong a month from today via IST! I really hope it'll still be there :/
Comfort Class will be there in August and September. This time of the year, European and US carriers have the highest utilisation rate of the fleet. TK will not have the time during busy sommer ops to ground each plane in order to get the aircraft reconfigured.

I think they will start removing comfort class once the factory fresh B777 join the fleet next year. That is enough time for them to hopefully change their mind and keep the cc product on the planes.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: TK Elite
Whew! Many thanks for reassuring me guys!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by vivamuci
Comfort Class will be there in August and September. This time of the year, European and US carriers have the highest utilisation rate of the fleet. TK will not have the time during busy sommer ops to ground each plane in order to get the aircraft reconfigured.

I think they will start removing comfort class once the factory fresh B777 join the fleet next year. That is enough time for them to hopefully change their mind and keep the cc product on the planes.
I sure hope you're right because I have a Comfort Class r/t ticket from JFK to IST on Nov 3 to Nov 15, 2013, on my way to Delhi, India. I even called to confirm my return flight (IST-JFK, seat 14A) tonight.

If they were planning on screwing me, they should have done it months ago, so that I could have booked on another airline.
I didn't shun nonstop flights on other airlines just so that I could fly in economy class on Turkish, which will take 2 freaking days to arrive in Delhi. The only reason I chose Turkish Airlines was because of their Comfort Class product.

By the way, if they are planning on removing Comfort Class while there are still ticket holders with confirmed seats in this cabin, the least Turkish could do is to upgrade them to Business class or let them know well in advance whether or not they would like a full refund of the difference if they want to fly Turkish in economy. But, in my particular case, the only acceptable option would be a Business class upgrade, either for free, or a nominal charge, since I've had these tickets for many months now. Trying to find another airline at a reasonable price this late in the game would be impossible.

Last edited by joer1212; Aug 7, 2013 at 1:31 am
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:30 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by joer1212
I sure hope you're right because I have a Comfort Class r/t ticket from JFK to IST on Nov 3 to Nov 15, 2013, on my way to Delhi, India. I even called to confirm my return flight (IST-JFK, seat 14A) tonight.

If they're planning on screwing me, they better do it now, so that I can book on another airline.
I didn't shun nonstop flights on other airlines just so that I could fly in economy class on a plane that will take 2 freaking days to arrive in Delhi. The only reason I chose Turkish Airlines was because of their Comfort Class product.

By the way, if they are planning on removing Comfort Class while there are still ticket holders with confirmed seats in this cabin, the least Turkish could do is to upgrade them to Business class.
If you are so concerned, and it is taking you extra time to get to your destination, then why not cancel the TK ticket and book the direct flights on other airlines instead?

If TK does remove Comfort Class for your flight, they certainly will NOT upgrade you to Business Class. As Comfort Class is just Premium Economy. You're not even allowed to use the Business Class check-in counter at the airport if you are flying Comfort Class!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by iamaho
If you are so concerned, and it is taking you extra time to get to your destination, then why not cancel the TK ticket and book the direct flights on other airlines instead?

If TK does remove Comfort Class for your flight, they certainly will NOT upgrade you to Business Class. As Comfort Class is just Premium Economy. You're not even allowed to use the Business Class check-in counter at the airport if you are flying Comfort Class!
Because it's very late in the game at this point, and I'll probably be paying as much for economy class on another airline as I did on Comfort Class. If they do remove Comfort Class, I'd rather fly with Turkish in economy and pocket the difference which they will have to reimburse me.

And, by the way, why wouldn't they make an offer (like an upgrade) for something that they did wrong? I paid for a Comfort Class seat, and it's only fair that I get what I paid for. If they had no intention of honoring what I paid for, they should not have allowed me to purchase this seat, and then brazenly do a bait-and-switch. If such a case were brought to a civil court, I would win, hands down.

Last edited by joer1212; Aug 18, 2013 at 10:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.