Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:54 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johhenrik
They are not removing CC on existing planes but not installing it on new. That's the only info that's been said. They are still marketing CC. I get emails from them about it etc.
thank you Johhenrik.

so for existing routes that already have planes with CC like LAX to IST will continue to have CC. good to know.

I really enjoy the extra inches on the seat and the legroom.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by fadynaime
thank you Johhenrik.

so for existing routes that already have planes with CC like LAX to IST will continue to have CC. good to know.

I really enjoy the extra inches on the seat and the legroom.
Just flew TK001 yesterday, the loads are definitely better this year (compared to last), around 80% during middle of the week outside major holiday periods.

One main difference, there's definitely a drop in food quantities, which I don't mind at all as a measure to reduce waste.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:07 pm
fadynaime

Originally Posted by vincewy
Just flew TK001 yesterday, the loads are definitely better this year (compared to last), around 80% during middle of the week outside major holiday periods.

One main difference, there's definitely a drop in food quantities, which I don't mind at all as a measure to reduce waste.
thats a disappointment. if the food goes all that is left is the seats. they are so lucky. that its dang long flight from LAX and every each is worth it. i would love to see the food quality going back to it was. i guess I will know more during my december trip.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by fadynaime
that its dang long flight from LAX and every each is worth it. i would love to see the food quality going back to it was.
Qualities are fine, it's just the portions are getting smaller. Nonetheless, you still have a lot to eat, they put out sandwiches between 2 meals in the galleys, along with what they offer in the lounge, how much more food would you need?

I still think this is the right move as most people don't finish everything given to them
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:58 pm
fadynaime

Qualities are fine, it's just the portions are getting smaller. Nonetheless, you still have a lot to eat, they put out sandwiches between 2 meals in the galleys, along with what they offer in the lounge, how much more food would you need?

I still think this is the right move as most people don't finish everything given to them
great thanks, i usually don't get up for sandwiches. i only eat what they serve during meals. and yes it is a bit of work to finish it. so i guess thats fine, if the quality is still good.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I flew TK in Business a few months ago, and I just barely made it to dessert. I suppose it makes sense to reduce the food quantity and maybe offer seconds on demand to those passengers who are still hungry.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 6:49 pm
fadynaime

Originally Posted by LH4116
I flew TK in Business a few months ago, and I just barely made it to dessert. I suppose it makes sense to reduce the food quantity and maybe offer seconds on demand to those passengers who are still hungry.
last trip in business i had the same experience, by the time desert came around. i was ready to burst but it allllll looked so good. i had to eat some. this time i will make sure to pace myself.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
What are the chances the comfort class will be gone in August/September? I am flying to Hong Kong a month from today via IST! I really hope it'll still be there :/
we just flew from IST to DXB in business class. I wanted to take a look at how the seats were in CC...when I got back there, the CC cabin was completely empty...Is this the norm for that route?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by MK19791980
we just flew from IST to DXB in business class. I wanted to take a look at how the seats were in CC...when I got back there, the CC cabin was completely empty...Is this the norm for that route?
Chances are nobody was able to book this cabin (DXB listed A330), those 777s sometimes get to fly IST-DXB and IST-CDG (as examples) as last minute equipment changes.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: United 1k
That makes sense since we were on the 777-300ER
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Unearthing this from earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted by jvquarterback
If you buy up to CC at the airport does the fare bucket change to U A or O?
Does anyone know if the fare class changes if you buy-up to Comfort Class at the airport?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by ianmanka
Unearthing this from earlier in the thread:

Does anyone know if the fare class changes if you buy-up to Comfort Class at the airport?
i did buy-ups in pvg twice and the fare class has been changed to A - but if you're a m+s member, the milage is the same for all three classes anyway.

buy-ups are rather expensive, though
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:00 am

and there was one other experience with a buy-up from cc to biz...my boarding card said J (award category without additional milage) after reprinting.
after a colleague told me that his buy-up showed up as C and included the additional miles, i doublechecked with the callcenter and they added the miles to my account without complaints.
...one of the few pleasant calls with them
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by MvonL
i did buy-ups in pvg twice and the fare class has been changed to A - but if you're a m+s member, the milage is the same for all three classes anyway.

buy-ups are rather expensive, though
I don't know why I asked this question ... I'm crediting to UA, and the miles remain the same. I guess I wanted to make sure it didn't kick me to a non-earning fare class?

But thanks for the information!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, WN, SPG
There seems to be some conflicting information in this thread as to whether or not the existing 777s with Comfort Class will be retrofitted in order to remove it. They are still selling it well into next year on the LAX-IST route. I am considering purchasing it for travel next September but don't want to have any problems if they decide to discontinue it at a later date. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.