Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: miles&smiles
Originally Posted by pplatan
Thanks! TK mileage calculator does not allow for calculating non-TK-metal qualifying award miles. What would be the best approximation for the LHR - ORD - LHR return trip in terms of actual tier qualifying miles?
I normally use milecalc.com
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:30 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by pplatan
Thanks! TK mileage calculator does not allow for calculating non-TK-metal qualifying award miles. What would be the best approximation for the LHR - ORD - LHR return trip in terms of actual tier qualifying miles?
7,906 miles if booked in Z or P; 11,859 if in J,C,D
Old May 23, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Renewing or increasing status on TK - How does it work?

I’m a US flyer finding the Turkish Miles and Smiles program totally confusing. I don’t know what I have to do to re-up my status level, or to increase my status level. I have read and re-read the terms on the website, but I know less after reading them than before I read them. I have read some of the FlyerTalk stickies, but can’t find the right questions and answers.

I also stopped in Istanbul last week while on a layover. I found people who looked like they should be able my questions, but they said all they could do was print replacement status cards.

I currently have an “Elite Card” that is Gold. I have 74,844 status miles earned since 10/02/2013 and an Elite expiry date of 31/08/2016.

If I do no more flying, do I drop one level to Classic Plus? Or all the way to the bottom-Classic level?

How do I tell how many miles I have to fly to renew my Elite Card (gold) status?
And by when?
And do they have to POST before the expiration date?
Or just FLY before the expiration date?

How many miles do I have to fly to earn the highest status level of Elite Plus status? By when? Is it worth it to push miles to TK to get the top-tier, or is it better to be happy with Mid-tier and push my extra miles to UA?
Old May 23, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by 925
If I do no more flying, do I drop one level to Classic Plus? Or all the way to the bottom-Classic level?

How do I tell how many miles I have to fly to renew my Elite Card (gold) status?
And by when?

Is it worth it to push miles to TK to get the top-tier, or is it better to be happy with Mid-tier and push my extra miles to UA?
Are award miles important to you? On TK they expire at the end of the third full year but can be extended indefinitely with UA.

I qualify for Elite/*G on TA, mostly for the satisfaction of strutting past the lounge dragons when flying UA domestic, and then put the rest of my miles on UA, unless I'm flying economy and want to board in Group 1.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Does tk j class net 200% towards elite status?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:19 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jfk747
Does tk j class net 200% towards elite status?
Not it doesn't any longer.

Classic Plus, Elite Card and Elite Plus members earn %25 extra status miles on International Business flights
Attached Images  
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Not it doesn't any longer.

Classic Plus, Elite Card and Elite Plus members earn %25 extra status miles on International Business flights
Is the 25% bonus for all international business flights or only on selected destinations?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold

>>>>Please note this is work in progress and will be updated in due course<<<<<
You can claim also other Star Alliance carrier flights, not just TK, using the online claim missing miles feature, the form is only a backup-backup method.

You can buy status miles for leveling up too. It does not have to be for renewal.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:57 am

This question has already been addressed earlier in the thread, but I'm still confused with the answer.

I obtained Elite status on August 31st, 2015 and it's good until August 31st, 2017. Currently, I have 24,923 status miles. Which of these is a better option:

1. Do a mileage run in the next two weeks to pass the 25,000 mile mark.
2. Wait and get the 12,000 miles needed to renew my status during the next year.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
I would do the mileage run, you never know if they will make "enchancements" to the program next year as they are having a rough year already.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
Hey guys, maybe thats a stupid question but I am a bit stuck.
I got a flight booked from LHR to BOG on Avianca in class T and the miles&smiles
web page gives 25% & 100% respectively for this class but has no restrictions listed so I am not sure which milage value I will earn. 25 or 100% ??
The help desk was useless as usual.
Thanks guys!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Turkish version says 25%
http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...ollari/avianca
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: TK Elite, LATAM PASS Platinum
Hi there,
I have a question regarding the purchase of status miles for status renewal.
I have recently bought 3,000 status miles through my TK Elite account, after the second membership year, but I'm not so confident with my status renewal because of so many online bugs they have..
The transaction went through normally, having received an email from TK confirming the purchase, and the transaction showing up on my online statement as well..
Any successful status renewal after purchasing status miles??
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:47 am
Suspended

Hi starflyergold. Thanks for sharing the information. Really a great job. Can anyone have any idea about a phone directory where I can get all the airlines phone number and other details in one place? Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:36 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

I have a question. I will re-qualify this year for Elite level, I was just wondering if I do push and make it to Elite+ for next year (after my current 1st year Elite period), what will happen if after the 2 years E+ period, I do not earn enough to maintain E+?
- Do I drop one level to Elite? or completely lose all?
- Do I have to earn the min. 1 year earning (during my next new earning period) of 25,000 status miles to "drop" to Elite status ? or do I have to earn the normal way of staying Elite (32,500 miles)?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.