Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by fezoff
Hoping you guys can help clarify a few things. I was just reading up on the Elite benefits and it state a 175% bonus when flying in J or C. Is this in addition to the standard fare class bonus? And is this only on TK metal or would it apply to any *A in J or C?

I used webflyer to calculate a flight I do fairly often IST-LGW:

Travel Route: IST - LGW

One Way Distances:
Distance 1540 miles
Elite bonus 2700 miles
Class of service bonus 770 miles
TOTAL 5010 miles
The programme is not that generous

IST-LGW in C or D would earn 2695 TOTAL; K or J would earn 2464

The 175% refers to the total earning, it is not a bonus on top.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: miles&smiles
Originally Posted by starflyergold

I was about to say, it sounded a bit to good to be true.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:15 am

Ohh forgot to ask, is that 175% earning on TK metal only or does it apply to all *A partner flights?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:19 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Ohh forgot to ask, is that 175% earning on TK metal only or does it apply to all *A partner flights?
TK only. For other airlines check out: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...miles/partners where you will find surprises such as LH Biz Class in P earning nothing!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:22 am

TK only. For other airlines check out: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...miles/partners where you will find surprises such as LH Biz Class in P earning nothing!
I was quite chocked to find LH P earns nothing, it doesn't seem quite right. I've looked at the tables you linked to but often find them more confusing than anything if you try to book a code share flight. I've posted in another thread where AC is listing LH and LX as fare class Z, but is that AC fare class Z or LH and LX?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

TG marketed flight, Thai Smile operated

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can shed light if I can earn miles (and get status benefit) if I fly a marketed flight by TG but operated by Thai Smile (WE).

On the website, it is not very clear what this combination is eligible for.

Quote:"*As of October 2, 2014 there will be no accrual or redemption as well as Star Alliance Silver and Gold benefits will no longer be available on Thai Smile with flight numbers that begin with "WE"."

Cheers!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
I am planning to do a mileage run before the end of May for a quick werkend to get my 15,000 status miles for Elite status to continue into 2017. For my research, it appears that a business exARN to BKK is best value (approx €1300). Can anyone better this, London based but can start travel from most European hubs. Thanks in advance :-)
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can shed light if I can earn miles (and get status benefit) if I fly a marketed flight by TG but operated by Thai Smile (WE).

On the website, it is not very clear what this combination is eligible for.

Quote:"*As of October 2, 2014 there will be no accrual or redemption as well as Star Alliance Silver and Gold benefits will no longer be available on Thai Smile with flight numbers that begin with "WE"."

Cheers!
You seem to be out of luck here.
Your quote it's quite clear.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:09 am

Hi , quite new to the program. Since i am still waiting for my card to arrive, is there any way to get it in a electronical version?bar code?

thx
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by herrprofessor
Hi , quite new to the program. Since i am still waiting for my card to arrive, is there any way to get it in a electronical version?bar code?

thx
No, but you can get a card made for you at IST - next to the newspaper stand.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Does anybody know how to contact Miles and Smiles online (via web or email)? The provided web link in the first post leads to an error page currently. I previously received an email (years ago) from [email protected] but not sure if it's still active.

Spoke to M&S phone customer service today -- remarkably unhelpful. Confirmed my status w/ their program but literally would not confirm what the corresponding Star Alliance status should be and why partner airlines can't see it, refused to discuss the topic as if it was a taboo subject.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gradientdescent
Does anybody know how to contact Miles and Smiles online (via web or email)? The provided web link in the first post leads to an error page currently. I previously received an email (years ago) from [email protected] but not sure if it's still active.

Spoke to M&S phone customer service today -- remarkably unhelpful. Confirmed my status w/ their program but literally would not confirm what the corresponding Star Alliance status should be and why partner airlines can't see it, refused to discuss the topic as if it was a taboo subject.
https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE) since 2007, Star Alliance Gold, Jetairways Gold, Sky Team Silver
Award miles on partner airlines

I was quite chocked to find LH P earns nothing, it doesn't seem quite right. I've looked at the tables you linked to but often find them more confusing than anything if you try to book a code share flight. I've posted in another thread where AC is listing LH and LX as fare class Z, but is that AC fare class Z or LH and LX?
Looking at flying LHR - ORD - LHR in Business Class. Despite checking this site (http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...miles/partners) I'm still a bit confused on the miles I would earn and what qualifies on partner airline.

If I fly on United Airlines LHR - ORD - LHR Business Class, how many status miles will I earn as a current Elite member of Miles and Smiles? What if I fly Austrian operated by United? Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pplatan
Looking at flying LHR - ORD - LHR in Business Class. Despite checking this site (http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...miles/partners) I'm still a bit confused on the miles I would earn and what qualifies on partner airline.

If I fly on United Airlines LHR - ORD - LHR Business Class, how many status miles will I earn as a current Elite member of Miles and Smiles? What if I fly Austrian operated by United? Thanks!
It is the operating carrier that matters here. Codeshares are irrelevant.

UA business earns either 150 or 100% depending on your booking class.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE) since 2007, Star Alliance Gold, Jetairways Gold, Sky Team Silver
Actual qualifying miles

It is the operating carrier that matters here. Codeshares are irrelevant.

UA business earns either 150 or 100% depending on your booking class.
Thanks! TK mileage calculator does not allow for calculating non-TK-metal qualifying award miles. What would be the best approximation for the LHR - ORD - LHR return trip in terms of actual tier qualifying miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.