Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Airbus330
I know that from past experiences with other Star carriers, an upgrade to C usually entitles one to increased earning;
No. Operational upgrades are never supposed to give you the higher earning on any carrier. It sometimes happens if the systems get confused, but you are definitely not entitled to it. As the previous poster said, you get what you paid for.
Old May 2, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, KE
Oh well; it was good while it lasted (in my own mind!), but then again, so was the nice surprise op-upgrade to J!

Thank you both for the reply.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:40 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

(deleted). Posted question in dedicated thread.

Last edited by gilbertaue; May 6, 2014 at 2:36 am
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:10 am

Would a 4U (Germanwings)-flight, i.e. ticket issued by 4U and flight operated by 4U, accrue miles on my Miles&Smiles account?

Doubt it, as 4U is not part of *A, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask ...

Best,
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by decentmove
Would a 4U (Germanwings)-flight, i.e. ticket issued by 4U and flight operated by 4U, accrue miles on my Miles&Smiles account?
it wouldn't
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:38 am

Own experience? Or judging from logic? TK, at least sometimes, isn't so logical...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Own experience? Or judging from logic? TK, at least sometimes, isn't so logical...
4U is definitely not part of M&S
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:31 am

TK, at least sometimes, isn't so logical...
I just had a flight that was operated by TG on a ticket that was issued by TK - in Miles and Smiles, the booking class shown on TK's ticket (E) would give me 100% of the miles flown while TG's booking class for that flight (V) wouldn't give me any. I had always thought that in a situation like that, the latter booking class would be used as it's of the plane operating the flight, but TK's call centre double-checked and assured me that it would be the former as it was a ticket issued by TK with the booking class of "E" assigned to each segment (the previous two flights having been operated by TK).

I guess that if the FFP I'm crediting to is of the airline that issued the ticket, then the booking classes they assigned on the ticket are used regardless of what the operating carrier assigned for the segment. The first two segments have credited; let's see if the third credits.

Last edited by sliiide; Sep 14, 2014 at 4:41 am
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:39 am

Interesting. But how and in which way is that related to 4U, or the 4U situation I was describing. Just wondering, since you quoted my previous post and I don't see any connection/context?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:43 am

BTW,
Originally Posted by sliiide
I guess that if the FFP I'm crediting to is of the airline that issued the ticket, then the booking classes they assigned on the ticket are used regardless of what the operating carrier assigned for the segment. ...
... I don't think so. What matters, imho, is the booking class of the carrier you're actually flying with.

Originally Posted by sliiide
... The first two segments have credited; let's see if the third credits.
Don't think you're gonna see any miles coming in from that leg. Let's see. Will you keep us posted? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:13 am

Interesting. But how and in which way is that related to 4U, or the 4U situation I was describing. Just wondering, since you quoted my previous post and I don't see any connection/context?
No connection. What starflyergold said is right - 4U has absolutely no connection with miles and smiles. They only have a connection with miles and more, as far as I know. That's why i just quoted the "not logical" part

BTW,

... I don't think so. What matters, imho, is the booking class of the carrier you're actually flying with.

Don't think you're gonna see any miles coming in from that leg. Let's see. Will you keep us posted? Thanks!
Yeah, that's what I thought too and I asked the agent this - told him that TG's class for that seat was "V" etc...but he double-checked with the supervisor and confirmed that TK will recognise it as "E" as shown on their ticket (which was booked on the TK site; not through any travel agent). Let's see..will let you know what happens.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:02 am

@sliiide:
Any news?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:36 pm

@sliiide:
Any news?
I called up twice more. The first agent (8-9 days ago) sent a "claim missing miles request" to TG on my behalf - so that I didn't have to mail the BP etc. She said to wait two weeks till TG replied in either way and that TK would give me the miles if they hadn't. The second agent (yesterday - as I was wondering if TK could do it manually as I figured TG wasn't going to for "V" class) said that the ticket is actually "E" class with TG as well and that they'd credit it on the return of that request anyway. If they don't, then TK would. So I've had three agents telling me that they'll honour the "E" class on TK's ticket.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:16 am

Wow. This is contrary to everything I know, heard, and experienced before. I would only take it for real once I see the miles posted on my account.

Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:59 pm

As expected, TG's reply was that no miles were accruable.
So I called back yesterday. The agent said that the TK-booking class on the ticket (E) doesn't exist in the TG Inventory and that the TG-booking class (V) doesn't accrue with M&S. When I told her what (all) the previous agents had told me, she noted it all down (as they hadn't made any notes in my account) and took down the times and dates of the calls to listen to them. She put in a request with a case-number to the M&S department. I'll hear something today or sometime next week. I think it'll be ok.

This agent was in Istanbul. The last two calls were both after-hours and were picked up by an offshore call-centre. The first call on this matter was also to an agent in Istanbul. I think that they have a much better hang of what's going on than the offshore-agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.