Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It was a series of TK flights from early November. My friends spoke very highly of them, so I will be interested to see how it works out. One thing that would put me off them is their not so good relation with Lufthansa and P-class not be a qualifying booking class.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just wondering did anyone lost a month of their Elite status after the new update. My expire date of my Elite status was 31st of December 2020 and I have my card that states 12/20 but at the moment according to the TK website, they have changed the expire date to the 29th of November 2020, which meant I lost a month. As I'll be Elite Plus this year with my upcoming flights during the year, this won't be an issue for me but could be an issue for members that had the similar problem.

Just for the records: I have qualified to M&S Elite status after my flight on the 29th of December 2018; and it seems that I got a 23 month Elite status instead of 24. Strange.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:43 am

Just checked my Status at the TK Website and it showed that i'm a Classic Plus Member instead of Elite. A few weeks back i've got a new card which clearly showed that i'm a Elite Member till 11/20.
Even more surprisingly that i'm now a Classic Plus till 11/22 lol
Just sent a email to TK... let's see how long it will take to get a response...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Tom_CH
Just checked my Status at the TK Website and it showed that i'm a Classic Plus Member instead of Elite. A few weeks back i've got a new card which clearly showed that i'm a Elite Member till 11/20.
Even more surprisingly that i'm now a Classic Plus till 11/22 lol
Just sent a email to TK... let's see how long it will take to get a response...
TK M&S went through some switch of their IT system and there are all kinds of gremlins running around at the moment. Good luck!
Tom_CH likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:46 am

Hi guys. I am a TK newbie here. I am flying KUL - EZE - BKK on J and in the email it says I will get 33864 status miles and 33864 bonus miles.
I am just wondering if this means that I would have 67728 miles in total that can be used to redeem for award tickets later?

Or I understood it incorrectly?
Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: TK *G, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by pandalama
Hi guys. I am a TK newbie here. I am flying KUL - EZE - BKK on J and in the email it says I will get 33864 status miles and 33864 bonus miles.
I am just wondering if this means that I would have 67728 miles in total that can be used to redeem for award tickets later?

Or I understood it incorrectly?
Thanks!
Status miles are used for getting/maintaining your FFP status. Bonus miles are used towards awards/upgrades.

You will get 33864 status miles and 33864 bonus miles. Hence, for awards you will have 33864, not a double amount.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by BurekTheGreat
Status miles are used for getting/maintaining your FFP status. Bonus miles are used towards awards/upgrades.

You will get 33864 status miles and 33864 bonus miles. Hence, for awards you will have 33864, not a double amount.
Thank you for your answer sir.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Miles&Smiles benefits and privilege page has been updated:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-b...nd-privileges/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.