Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:51 am

Will you keep us posted on whether or not the miles will eventually be posted on your account? Thanks.

I still don't think so, but let's wait and see. Sometimes TK really doesn't know s**t.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by decentmove
Will you keep us posted on whether or not the miles will eventually be posted on your account? Thanks.

I still don't think so, but let's wait and see. Sometimes TK really doesn't know s**t.
I should hear back in the coming five days.

The thing that made the three agents say they'd honour it is, even though TG's booking-class doesn't let me have any miles, TK's ticket didn't indicate it. It didn't even leave it blank.

It had "E" next to each flight in the itinerary. And it was also an "economy flexible" ticket. So I assumed that the "E" next to the codeshare flight operated by TG meant that it would accrue miles with M&S - as it would with the other two flights. They'll listen to all three calls and hear what was said.

Otherwise I would have bought myself a separate mileage-accruing ticket with TG for the last leg and flown only the first two legs with TK.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:25 am

I'm sorry, I don't understand that sentence. I downlighted the middle part which is unimportant.
Originally Posted by sliiide
The thing that made the three agents say they'd honour it is, even though TG's booking-class doesn't let me have any miles, TK's ticket didn't indicate it. ...
Don't understand. Didn't indicate it? Didn't indicate what? That you would not get any miles? In any case, it doesn't matter much what's on the ticket anyways.

BTW, I think that in case you will get the miles, then it's just because they're now gonna post them as a courtesy move. And not for any other reason. So it's hard to make a general statement out of your case now as to whether or not you'd get TK-miles if flying with a carrier / booking class combination like you have.

my2cents, let's see what comes out.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:46 pm

TG's booking class is "V", which doesn't accrue anything with M&S.

Putting "E" next to this flight (which was designated by the TK-flight number) on the e-ticket was misleading...
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:56 pm

So I was right?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:07 pm

Still nothing. I'm going to give them a call this weekend.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:13 am

So I finally got around to giving them a call today and the request had not gone all the way through to the MandS office in Istanbul but had been checked by agents at the call-centres abroad. The agent I spoke to today was very good but located in Romania. She said she could "escalate" it to that office but I couldn't be bothered following up any longer. The fact is that the booking class with TG wasn't a miles-accruable one and the agents who advised me were wrong. So they would offer me some sort of compensation at most but I can't be bothered following all the way through

Does anyone know when or how you can directly reach agents in Istanbul? At about 10am on a Thursday in Istanbul; I thought they'd be the ones picking up.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:08 am

No clue, sorry.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Couple of questions

If you get status match, to maintain your TK status do you need to get the lower number of miles as if you had gained the card in the regular fashion?

Is there a difference between Award miles and Status miles, and is so does the TK credit card only gain you award miles?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:30 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Worcester
Couple of questions

If you get status match, to maintain your TK status do you need to get the lower number of miles as if you had gained the card in the regular fashion?

Is there a difference between Award miles and Status miles, and is so does the TK credit card only gain you award miles?
Yes, you re-qualify with the lower amount as you are an existing elite member post status match. And yes to the second question too.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I just registered an account prior to status match.

However, you have to chose a city from a drop down list and mine is not listed so have to pick random city. Well picked one in the same state. Will they fix it if I contact them? I figure that the primitive IT gives them the same drop down list. Would be nice to receive a physical card at some point.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget
I just registered an account prior to status match.

However, you have to chose a city from a drop down list and mine is not listed so have to pick random city. Well picked one in the same state. Will they fix it if I contact them? I figure that the primitive IT gives them the same drop down list. Would be nice to receive a physical card at some point.
yeah they can enter it manually
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes, you re-qualify with the lower amount as you are an existing elite member post status match. And yes to the second question too.
I got status matched last month. Just to confirm, I need to get 25,000 miles in the first year or 37,500 in two years to re-qualify?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by aglp2k
I got status matched last month. Just to confirm, I need to get 25,000 miles in the first year or 37,500 in two years to re-qualify?
Yes, that is correct. 25K in first year, or 37.5K in the two years to re-qualify. Keep in mind though, if you do not requalify, your status is renewed as TK Classic Plus, which is *S.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: AA PLT
New earning rates for UA flights as of today (09.03.15).
booking classes that were adjusted:
K/G/N 50%
Q/V/W/S/T/L 75%
Z/P 100%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.