FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Seat Selection [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1363383-seat-selection-master-thread.html)

nacho Mar 19, 2013 3:02 am

Originally Posted by SQCXEKflyer (Post 20444100)
Also, what is the best number to call them at? I'm in Australia, but I am M&S Elite.

IST call center.

For IST-HKG flights, AFAIK the seat plan won't open until 100 days before dept. If you call IST call center, they will tell you when it will be available.

For short haul, it's 7 days before departure according to call center.

Also once you have assigned a seat, you won't be able to change it at online check-in.

SQCXEKflyer Mar 19, 2013 4:19 am

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 20444546)
For short haul, it's 7 days before departure according to call center.

That's odd. If you do a booking today, it will allow you to choose a seat for IST-OSL, which is 97 days away.

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 20444546)
Also once you have assigned a seat, you won't be able to change it at online check-in.

Not a problem, just making sure I get my window seat in J.

nacho Mar 20, 2013 3:36 am

Originally Posted by SQCXEKflyer (Post 20444723)
That's odd. If you do a booking today, it will allow you to choose a seat for IST-OSL, which is 97 days away.

Have you actually made a booking and confirm the seat? When I booked my TK flights on TK site, I could kind of select seats too but they were all occupied.

Just give the call centre a call and they will sort things out for you - I even found out that HKG TK office don't have the same seat plan as the IST call centre.

black Apr 2, 2013 3:20 pm

very simple question....

This is my first time flying with turkish airlines out of boston, ma

We bought tix on line but were never given the option to select seats
we have out e tickets but do not know how to select seats

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much

LH4116 Apr 2, 2013 3:35 pm

Seat reservations open 90-100 days before the flight. If you're unable to do them online at booking, you can have them assigned by calling Turkish Airlines.

Time traveller Apr 5, 2013 11:14 pm

After reading the thread, I am still not clear on this.

For an IST to Europe flight in business class (~ 3.5 hour flight), when can you get seat assignment - 90 days out or 7 days out?

mlqsko Apr 6, 2013 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller (Post 20545083)
After reading the thread, I am still not clear on this.

For an IST to Europe flight in business class (~ 3.5 hour flight), when can you get seat assignment - 90 days out or 7 days out?

90 days. It is an international flight.

yqtyyz Apr 7, 2013 9:29 am

Hi Folks,

For seat selection, do you tend to call their Turkish offices, or could you call your local sales and reservations office?

I'm located in Toronto, Canada, and we do have a local office, if that helps. My ticket is an Aeroplan reward ticket in J. Could I also go in-person and chat with them? I work relatively close by, so it shouldn't be too difficult to go during lunch (or after work).

My flight is on July 21, so the 100 day window is coming up. And if that doesn't work, I'll try the 90 days-out timing after.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

iamaho Apr 7, 2013 9:41 am

You can simply call the Toronto office or email them with your booking reference number.

However, you may wish to call Aeroplan to get the Turkish Airlines reference number. As the reference number given to you by Aeroplan applies only to Air Canada flights, and Turkish would have generated a reference number of their own for the TK flights you are booked on.

The staff at the Toronto office are super friendly and helpful. If you want to see a seat map, then it's best to go in person to book the seats in person. Otherwise, you can call or email if you simply have a preference for aisle or window seats.

They do have standard office hours, so your lunch hour is probably your best bet.

yqtyyz Apr 7, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks for your tips, iamaho!

For some reason, AE didn't have availability crossing the Pacific from SIN via HKG, NRT, or some place similar. Instead, they have me to IST and then back home to YYZ.

Always wanted to try Turkish anyway, so here's hoping it's a delight. ;)

Originally Posted by iamaho (Post 20550962)
They do have standard office hours, so your lunch hour is probably your best bet.

alexperi Apr 7, 2013 12:12 pm

seats 7A and 7B on TK Airbus 340-300

Hi - can anyone give me a sense of whether these seats are good or bad? Seatguru has them as yellow even though they're bulkhead. What is the legroom like and how bad is it being so close to the toilets? Would you suggest these seats or asking for 2-3 rows back in 9 or 10 A/B...?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

gnaget Apr 7, 2013 12:30 pm

I am flying IST-CPH in Y again. Last time I wasn't able to get a seat assignment but it doesn't really matter. I was flying ESB-IST-CPH with ESB departure the evening before, so it was easy to get exit row at ESB check-in.

My sense is that exit rows are airport only (not online check-in) so connecting to IST is a distinct advantage. Can TK superelite or whatever you are called pre-assign exit rows?

I wish *A upgrades started at M (RTW eco booking class). In the good old days, RTW eco was B class on most airlines.

moeser Apr 8, 2013 2:04 am

[QUOTE=gnaget;20551784

My sense is that exit rows are airport only (not online check-in) so connecting to IST is a distinct advantage. Can TK superelite or whatever you are called pre-assign exit rows?[/QUOTE]

1) You're right.

2) No ! :td: :mad:

drewdawg199 Apr 8, 2013 10:50 am

Quick question...how do people in the US usually get their seats assigned? Call the US sales desk? IST desk? I imagine I could go to JFK in person if I had the time, but does anyone know if any ticket/seat related business takes place at the NY office in Manhattan?

Thanks

yqtyyz Apr 8, 2013 6:25 pm

I've looked at the Turkish dot com website; it shows they just have the 777-300 ER plane (in other words, no herringbone J layout).

If I want an aisle seat, what do people seem to like? I was thinking 2B, 3B, 2J, or 3J. Do those seem like "quiet" or low-traffic seats?