FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Seat Selection [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1363383-seat-selection-master-thread.html)

thitova Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am

Hi,
First time flying TK, and i am nervous around seat selection.
We are flying a family of 3 on IST-SFO and back in June-July. The tickets are E on the leg IST-SFO, and V on the leg SFO-IST.
I deliberately picked flights, for which TK site is showing the A350 Aeroflot cabin.
With the booking i paid for 3 extra legroom seats in the "premium economy" section.
All the seats in that section were free to chose at a price of 229 EUR, while the extra legroom seats in the back section were offered at 128 EUR.
Know TK is not reliable and changing planes all the time, we can end up being on regular A350 or Dreamliner, or B777, which by nature have less extra legroom seats.
I wonder what may happed in case TK sell more extra legroom seats than actually available on the plane? Are chances higher to be downgraded to a regular economy seat, or being upgraded (to which i have no hopes). Rather my fears are of being downgraded.

freefalcon Mar 19, 2024 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by vegaspartier (Post 36069799)
If I check in online, and am not happy with the automated seat assignment…. But don’t issue or print my boarding pass, will the system assign me a different seat if I check in and finalize the boarding passes a couple hours later?

I tried that one in the past and didn't work. Initial seat assignment stays even though you don't finalize check-in, and then start checking in from the beginning after.

furymoo Apr 4, 2024 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by freefalcon (Post 36094166)
I tried that one in the past and didn't work. Initial seat assignment stays even though you don't finalize check-in, and then start checking in from the beginning after.

i was told by their staff 6 hours before departure will be free to allocate the seats, perhaps check in then ?

freefalcon Apr 4, 2024 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by furymoo (Post 36136043)
i was told by their staff 6 hours before departure will be free to allocate the seats, perhaps check in then ?

I was told the same but system assigned me a seat prior to check-in, and I was not able to change it online 6 hours before departure last time. It wasn't showing seat map at all 6 hours before flight. Please let us know if you can successfully select seat online free this way.

furymoo Apr 4, 2024 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by freefalcon (Post 36136149)
I was told the same but system assigned me a seat prior to check-in, and I was not able to change it online 6 hours before departure last time. It wasn't showing seat map at all 6 hours before flight. Please let us know if you can successfully select seat online free this way.

yup got a flight iah to ist tomrrow at 9pm , will check in tomrrow at 3pm and report back

freefalcon Apr 4, 2024 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by furymoo (Post 36136154)
yup got a flight iah to ist tomrrow at 9pm , will check in tomrrow at 3pm and report back

Have a safe flight! If that fails, you can go to the airport a bit early, and the check-in agent can change your seat free of charge if there is availability.

degas Apr 7, 2024 3:27 am

Are seats 1E and 1F on the 787 noisy because of their proximity to the galley? Or should I pick 5E and 5F instead?

UA^PX Apr 9, 2024 8:56 pm

I’m on TK63 KUL-IST in biz. Plane was changed from B787 to 777 (not happy). But when I go to change my flight the seat map is always the B787. Both on the app and the website. Am I doing something wrong.

hanahiro Apr 9, 2024 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by furymoo (Post 36136154)

Just curious, were you able to choose your seat?