FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Seat Selection [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1363383-seat-selection-master-thread.html)

rebech34 Oct 13, 2013 10:36 am

Seat selection on Tk website

Hello,
Just booked a flight from Houston to TLV via IST in Comfort class.
Is there a reason why the option of checking my seat assignment online is not possible? My flight is scheduled for mid December. I did eventually assign my seat by calling the call center but to be honest, I'm used to be in control of my plans therefor not being able to change my seats is very....well....incomfortable. Am I missing something? I'm aware of the IST-TLV restriction.
Thanks

UAPremExecflyer Oct 13, 2013 11:00 am

Did you look in here?

Edgerfly Jan 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Selecting Seats

I cannot find a place to select seats on the TK website for my UA award reservation. I was able to pull up my reservation on the TK site with the TK confirmation #, but did not see a place to select seats. How can I select seats for my TK segments?

Edgerfly Jan 30, 2014 12:42 am

Just to answer my own question, I was able to call Turkish Airlines directly at 800-874-8875.

I found this website and it's very helpful for finding a 1800number for any airline: http://www.tollfreeairline.com/

Happy Feb 4, 2014 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 22250499)
I cannot find a place to select seats on the TK website for my UA award reservation. I was able to pull up my reservation on the TK site with the TK confirmation #, but did not see a place to select seats. How can I select seats for my TK segments?

Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 22250752)
Just to answer my own question, I was able to call Turkish Airlines directly at 800-874-8875.

I found this website and it's very helpful for finding a 1800number for any airline: http://www.tollfreeairline.com/

Same here but when I called today, I was told I had to wait till Feb 16th to request seats on a May 27 departure on TK1878 and TK17 - MXP-IST-YYZ, both flights booked to I (biz class) with UA award tickets.

VivoPerLei Mar 14, 2014 8:50 am

Advance seat assignments

I have two TK flights coming up in business class but for which I don't have a seat assignment. I also can't seem to find a way to select seats on their website. Will they do that over the phone, or is it a waste of time?

BESTEDIFLYER Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am

If you booked over 90 days before your flight, cannot do seats on-line, you have to phone at 90 days or less.

VivoPerLei Mar 14, 2014 9:02 am

Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER (Post 22522989)
If you booked over 90 days before your flight, cannot do seats on-line, you have to phone at 90 days or less.

Thank you

LH4116 Mar 14, 2014 11:02 am

I guess I'll ask this question here instead of in the newbie thread:

I have a rather complex seating question regarding the window alignment of the Business Class seats on the 777-300ER. I've currently selected 2K as my seat in TK11 but by looking at the pictures it seems that the window isn't perfectly aligned with the seat e.g when you turn your head when sitting upright you will be looking at the thing that separates the windows, and not out of the actual window. 3K seems to have a perfectly aligned window with the seat, hence no need to lean forward to have a look out.

Can anyone confirm if this is true, or should I stick with 2K?

Flyiboy Mar 14, 2014 11:29 am

When and where are U going? TK 11 ?

LH4116 Mar 14, 2014 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Flyiboy (Post 22523935)
When and where are U going? TK 11 ?

IST-JFK in mid June.

Flyiboy Mar 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Being a lover of windows myself, I try to maximize my view. I believe row 3A/3K is a great view. It looks like your coming from ARN/GOT ? Have U check out the new area of the CIP lounge yet? The 2nd level ?

LH4116 Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy (Post 22524311)
Being a lover of windows myself, I try to maximize my view. I believe row 3A/3K is a great view. It looks like your coming from ARN/GOT ? Have U check out the new area of the CIP lounge yet? The 2nd level ?

Thanks! I will call and have it changed to 3K.
Yes I am connecting from ARN on the noon flight which should leave me with a 2 hour layover in Istanbul, 16,15–18,15. Haven't visited the new level of the lounge yet, but hopefully by next week I will have a chance to check it out.

crimsona Mar 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Called 99 days before flight to the 1-800 number. Got seats assigned without much hassle on split booking references (two award tickets on different accounts)

Traveling in J

lowside67 Mar 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Same here and identical experience (J booking on rewards points from Aeroplan, had to call in to make the reservation at T-100 days). Very poor English on the phone though, should I be worried and/or calling to follow up in a few more days to make sure they got the booking right?

Mark