FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Seat Selection [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1363383-seat-selection-master-thread.html)

terminalfive Nov 4, 2012 6:43 am

I'm trying to prebook seats on a longhaul J bought a few months ago (wasn't possibile on purchase)

How is this done now ex Italy?

Is there an Italian phone number or can it be done on web?

Grazie^

soy Nov 4, 2012 8:47 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive (Post 19621110)
I'm trying to prebook seats on a longhaul J bought a few months ago (wasn't possibile on purchase)

How is this done now ex Italy?

Is there an Italian phone number or can it be done on web?

Grazie^

call your local TK office, phone numbers listed on the website. Longhaul seats can be selected 3 months out, short haul at 7days

terminalfive Nov 4, 2012 10:11 am

Originally Posted by soy (Post 19621600)
call your local TK office, phone numbers listed on the website. Longhaul seats can be selected 3 months out, short haul at 7days

For next month. Thanks soy!! I'll ring tomorrow - looks like its closed on SUN

seaweed20 Jan 2, 2013 9:47 am

Seat selection

Hi everyone,

New member on FT and after going through the TK forum, decided to open this thread.

I am currently booked on TK in end March (BOM-IST-JFK) and managed to get biz for the entire trip through my UA miles. (Got UA/LH for EWR-FRA-BOM).

I am trying to select seats for myself in advance, but am not able to get that selection anywhere on the TK website.

Anyone know how I can select seats in advance? Is calling the TK customer service line the best option?

Thanks

ExitRowLegroom Jan 2, 2013 9:53 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk. You cannot select seats online until check-in. Your best bet is to call them and request them over the phone. You can usually start doing that 100 to 90 days before the trip.

starflyergold Jan 2, 2013 11:29 am

Welcome to FT and the TK forum seaweed20

Thread now merged with the existing seat selection one. ;)

Awwucks Jan 2, 2013 8:59 pm

Just to add a data point - I was able to confirm seats on both WAW-IST and IST-CPT at 86 days out. Called 800-874-8875 and after listening to hysterically bad "we are turkish airlines, we are globally yours" for 10 minutes, the rep was great and assigned seats immediately.

ExitRowLegroom Jan 3, 2013 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Awwucks (Post 19963578)
Just to add a data point - I was able to confirm seats on both WAW-IST and IST-CPT at 86 days out. Called 800-874-8875 and after listening to hysterically bad "we are turkish airlines, we are globally yours" for 10 minutes, the rep was great and assigned seats immediately.

That song is still burned into my memory.

starflyergold Jan 3, 2013 8:30 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowLegroom (Post 19965956)
That song is still burned into my memory.

Need a refresher? http://youtu.be/P_raeLlLdPE :D

Awwucks Jan 3, 2013 4:18 pm

Wow - it does not improve upon second listen. On the phone yesterday for the first few cycles I kept waiting for the refrain to start, or maybe a voiceover touting benefits to break in, or anything - but it just kept going. You know it's bad when you're happy to hear the "all other reps are busy" message in English and Turkish to break the insanity loop.

seaweed20 Jan 4, 2013 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Awwucks (Post 19963578)

I tried the number and got the agent within two minutes of holding. Happy to have my seat assignments (2D on A330/B777).

Thanks for the help

GlenP Jan 4, 2013 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 19966342)
Need a refresher? http://youtu.be/P_raeLlLdPE :D

Actually, I quite like it as hold music. Mind you anything has to be better than bloody "Greensleeves" :D

mbanderson123 Mar 18, 2013 9:45 am

Turkish Airlines advance seat selection

I just finished speaking with a Turkish Airlines representative at their call center. Advance seat selection isn't an option...which is very odd. We are in business class on several legs and the advance date for each is diffent. All travel takes place within two weeks but the dates advance seat selection opens is all over the map. Can't tell from their site if I'll be able to do this online or have to call them again.

starflyergold Mar 18, 2013 10:38 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk mbanderson123 ^

SQCXEKflyer Mar 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Hey. I booked an award J fare from HKG-IST-OSL return a couple months ago and couldn't pre-select any seats. Today, if I was to book the same route and same dates, the online booking engine would allow me to choose seats on the HKG-IST and the IST-OSL leg, but not the return. So, I am assuming seat selection is open one way, but not yet the return. If I was to call them today, would they allow me to select seats all the way to OSL, or would they refuse as parts of my trip are not open yet.

Also, what is the best number to call them at? I'm in Australia, but I am M&S Elite.