FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Seat Selection [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1363383-seat-selection-master-thread.html)

ToreW May 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Just booked some tickets for x-mas '09 and the website said 100 days for seat selection.

GoldCircle Jul 14, 2009 3:47 am

I called TK in London today to get D&G seats in the F cabin for myself an the Mrs. and 3 successive agents failed to assist - the first insisted that I was an economy pax, the second said the same, the third insisted that only H & K seats were availble (in First???) and then left me on hold...

My last call has me worried - the agent insisted that the aircraft was indeed a 77W and proceeded to offer me J & K seats (which sounds like C config on a 333). I queried it, but was told not to be worried. I queried how there chould be J & K seats in the F cabin with a 1-2-1 config. She sounded very worried by my questions, probably because I knew more about it than she did. :D

In the end, she gave me D & G, as I requested, but told me they were not together. Any wisdom on the board?

Zel Jul 14, 2009 4:27 am

For Business class :
You can make seat assignment about 90 days b4 your departing day.

For economy class :

Short haul (Europe,middle east, north africa) flights 7 days b4 your departing. 90 days for long haul flights.

dannybhoy Jul 14, 2009 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Zel (Post 12062843)
For Business class :

For economy class :

Short haul (Europe,middle east, north africa) flights 7 days b4 your departing. 90 days for long haul flights.

I knew about the 90 days for J. But didn't know that it was 7 days for short-haul economy. Thanks. ^

GoldCircle Jul 15, 2009 8:17 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 12062771)
Any wisdom on the board?

Mystery solved. Flight downgraded from 77W to 333. :(

Been offered a choice of F on an inconvenient later flight, or C on the originally booked service. I'm likely to accept the downgrade, so I can arrive in time for dinner with friends in IST.

Will TK still allow me my limo transfer, if I accept the downgrade from F to C, do you think?

Zel Jul 15, 2009 11:51 pm

I saw another "A/C Downgrade 777 to A340 1st class booked" It's odd... I am wondering what will tk do?

PointWeasel Jul 16, 2009 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Zel (Post 12062843)
For Business class :

For economy class :

Thanks for that clarification. Now I know why I couldn't even see a seat map for my IST-TBS segments at the end of the month. Interesting seating policy though, especially for *A Gold members. A la BA's crazy seat assignment policy.

simonnewby May 8, 2012 9:13 am

Y Seat selection

Hi. Just booked a Y trip BHX-BKK vv for next Easter so obviously too early to select seats. Within 90 days of the flight, will a 'select seat' option become available in MMB or will I need to phone somewhere to get a seat selected?

Thanks.

Harveynics Jul 5, 2012 12:23 am

Seat Selection

It looks to me like you can't pre-select seat in Business (or Coach for that matter) early. Is there any way around this? We are traveling from JNB-IST-FRA in Business but it is next year. Thanks

michlflyer Jul 5, 2012 4:38 am

If you are flying business and you-ve bought your tickets well in advance, you can usually call the airline three months before and reserve a seat then. Flights don-t open for seat selection less than 100 days before departure.

Some further information just in case it-s useful at some future stage: if you book online at Turkish Airlines within 100 days of departure you can also select a seat regardless of whether you are are travelling economy or business.

dhelman Jul 8, 2012 11:16 am

Seat Selection Economy (W Class)

I made an international reservation that will transist Istanbul (but have not paid for it yet) for a cheap seat in Economy on the TK USA website.

When I tried to choose a seat, I got a message saying something like seats could not be chosen for a "short while" or until several months in the future.

Does your advise that Business seats can't be selected until T- 100 days apply to deep discounted economy seats?

My outbound flights is not until January (almost six months out) and my inbound flights until March (about eight months out).

I had a bad experience on China Eastern with moving target of when I could request a seat (that was eventually moved to only being able to request at check in), and don't want to pay for a ticket without having a decent chance of getting an aisle seat.

If I call shortly after T -100 days for each flight, will I have a good chance of getting an aisle seat. Other than being *A Silver via United, I have no status.

Frontliner Jul 9, 2012 12:23 am

I'd say you can go ahead with the booking, calling them at T-100D will surely make you get an aisle seat.

dhelman Jul 9, 2012 8:24 am

Originally Posted by michlflyer (Post 18873460)
If you are flying business and you-ve bought your tickets well in advance, you can usually call the airline three months before and reserve a seat then. Flights don-t open for seat selection less than 100 days before departure.

Some further information just in case it-s useful at some future stage: if you book online at Turkish Airlines within 100 days of departure you can also select a seat regardless of whether you are are travelling economy or business.

I went ahead and booked. The airfare was just over $ 1000 for NYC->PEK r/t which is a couple hundred less than UA or any other *A flight, and it will give me a chance to take the free day tour TK offers international transits passengers.

The reservation agent (paid on the website to save the fee however) said he was "certain" I'd get an aisle seat at T -100 d, and thought I'd have a good shot at the roomier seats just behind business with my earlier reservation. UA recently announced service between EWR and IST as well. Flying on New Year's Day (so I get EQM credited for 2013) should make it easy as well.

I had a lot more confidence in TK keeping their word about letting me book T -100 D than MU which is the other cheap flight. Besides, *A is better (IMHO) than ST, and MU only credits 50% RMD/EMQ to Delta, the other FF plan I am elite with.

Anyway, I will update in a couple of months (hopefully) about my success in getting my aisle seat.

dakuda Jul 15, 2012 6:57 pm

I have a roundtrip flight from ORD to IST in November. I understand that I can't choose seats for about another month, based on the dates and a 90-100 day leeway.

My question is how will I best be able to choose seats, should I call the airline or can I do this online.

When I last called the airline, I couldn't get the hold music out of my head for a week. I hope that there is an online option. :)

michlflyer Jul 17, 2012 4:59 am

As far as I know, there isn-t as yet an online option for this. The only way is to try and ring the call centre.