Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Atatürk airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Atatürk airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Your transit is short that by the time you go through security your next flight should be boarding.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
As others have said, no issues transiting, however, that is a fairly tight transit window. Should still be doable provided your flight lands and deplanes on schedule.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And, one key point, whatever you do please do not go to immigration on arrival, or else you're gonna miss your flight.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Hi all! Quick question. I have done some researching and I'm a bit confused.

2 US passengers from from MIA to BKK, 8+ hour layover in IST (land 17:30, depart 1:55), flying business class via United MileagePlus rewards. With all the visa issues for US passport holders, leaving the airport is out of the question.

What lounge options do we have? Can we still enter CIP business lounge? If not, any other lounge? Just trying to avoid sitting in a bare room for 8 hours twiddling our thumbs. Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:09 pm

If you're flying TK business class then you can use the TK CIP lounge. And congrats on your first post, jazzman.

Shuly
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by shuly
If you're flying TK business class then you can use the TK CIP lounge. And congrats on your first post, jazzman.

Shuly
Thanks Shuly! Long time lurker, first time poster =)

Just to clarify though, because reading my first post I didn't say it too clearly, we do not need a visa to enter the CIP lounge right? It's not we have to go through security & immigration controls before we enter the area where the entrance to the lounge is?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by jazzman161
Thanks Shuly! Long time lurker, first time poster =)

Just to clarify though, because reading my first post I didn't say it too clearly, we do not need a visa to enter the CIP lounge right? It's not we have to go through security & immigration controls before we enter the area where the entrance to the lounge is?
No need to go through immigration; you enter the terminal from the plane and you walk to the lounge entrance
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
No need to go through immigration; you enter the terminal from the plane and you walk to the lounge entrance
Excellent, thank you!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:19 pm

I will also have a lengthy layover (around 7 hours) in Istanbul in a couple of weeks. I will have access to the lounge. Anything worth checking out at the airport/lounge to pass ~7 hours?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Good day to everyone and happy to be with you.

I am considering the ATH-IST-AUH (Abu Dhabi) and AUH-IST-ATH Trip in business using TK metal only. My connection times at IST are between 2.5 and 3 hours.

Quick questions:
1. Do business class travelers use separate security lanes (for both times I will find myself in IST) ?
2. Is it easy to have access to the TK Business Lounge after landing from ATH / AUH respectively ?

Many many thanks !
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
1. Do business class travelers use separate security lanes (for both times I will find myself in IST) ?
2. Is it easy to have access to the TK Business Lounge after landing from ATH / AUH respectively ?
1) Yes
2) Yes
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
Originally Posted by splicer100
I will also have a lengthy layover (around 7 hours) in Istanbul in a couple of weeks. I will have access to the lounge. Anything worth checking out at the airport/lounge to pass ~7 hours?
Seriously? It is Istanbul dude. Hop on a taxi and have him drop you off at Sultanahmet. It will take about 30 minutes and about 50 TRY (13 USD). And you'll see why Istanbul use to be the center of the world.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by potjernik
Seriously? It is Istanbul dude. Hop on a taxi and have him drop you off at Sultanahmet. It will take about 30 minutes and about 50 TRY (13 USD). And you'll see why Istanbul use to be the center of the world.
I have been to Istanbul before and don’t really want to pay to enter Istanbul for a few hours. I know SIN has a lot going on at the airport. Just curious if IST has anything interesting at the airport to check out.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Do transit pax need a visa. I will be flying from MUC to IST-DEL and I hold a CAD pp?
If you stay airside, you don’t need a visa.
If your transit time is long and/or you want to exit the secure area, you can pick up a visa on arrival with your Canadian PP.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
If you stay airside, you don’t need a visa.
If your transit time is long and/or you want to exit the secure area, you can pick up a visa on arrival with your Canadian PP.

Ha ha, that was from a few years ago, thanks for the late response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.