Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Atatürk airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Atatürk airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:42 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
is the new airport significantly further than the current facility? Also, I am assuming that they will continue to offer direct lounge access/expedited security-emigration-passport for J passengers.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
is the new airport significantly further than the current facility? Also, I am assuming that they will continue to offer direct lounge access/expedited security-emigration-passport for J passengers.
Yes and yes.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:17 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Recommended Connection Services

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable connection service company (e.g. PrimeClass / Istanbul Meet and Greet Service etc) to use for an upcoming transit through IST (Ataturk) on the 24th March.

I will be arriving from LHR to IST on British Airways in Business Class.I have a connecting flight from IST to GZP on Turkish Airlines in Business Class.

I will have lounge access with my business class ticket. Therefore, I'm looking for fast track service through International Arrivals process and transfer through to the THY CIP Domestic Departure lounge.

Any recommendations (and price information)?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes and yes.
Oops, there would be an expedited passport and security checkpoint for priority passengers. Which is located at the left part of the checkpoint.
However, there would be no direct lounge access from the lanside as the location of all 3 different Turkish Airlines Lounge's are not suitable for a direct access. AFAIK, there may be a direct lounge access to one of the lounges from the transfer security checkpoint area. I've heard this and I am not sure about it but I am absolutely sure that there is no direct lounge access from the check-in area ( landside ).
axxoo25 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LE2
Can anyone recommend a good and reliable connection service company (e.g. PrimeClass / Istanbul Meet and Greet Service etc) to use for an upcoming transit through IST (Ataturk) on the 24th March.

I will be arriving from LHR to IST on British Airways in Business Class.I have a connecting flight from IST to GZP on Turkish Airlines in Business Class.

I will have lounge access with my business class ticket. Therefore, I'm looking for fast track service through International Arrivals process and transfer through to the THY CIP Domestic Departure lounge.

Any recommendations (and price information)?
If you fly British Airways Business Class to Istanbul you would get a fast track immigration voucher for the TAV Passport fast track lane after deboarding the aircraft. The ground crew would hand them for Business Class passengers.

After reclaiming your bags at the carousel and exiting the baggage claim area turn left and head to the domestic terminal. You would see an elevator on the way which would lead to the domestic lounge. You should need to take that elevator, go a level down and you would already be Inside the lounge check-in area which would directly lead to the lounge. Just be aware that if you decide to use the regular domestic terminal, there is no access to the lounge from the domestic airside.

It's easy just as I mentioned. It's not worth giving 40-50€ to a meet and greet service for an easy process ( unless your company would pay ).
LE2 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My wife and I are looking to fly DBV-IST-TLL on Turkish 7/23 - with the new visa rules for US citizens, I'm curious if we'll have any problems if we're only transiting? (we're both *G) Connection time is 3hr
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by bakster21
My wife and I are looking to fly DBV-IST-TLL on Turkish 7/23 - with the new visa rules for US citizens, I'm curious if we'll have any problems if we're only transiting? (we're both *G) Connection time is 3hr
No problem at all. You will not be passing immigration.
bakster21 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I've heard this and I am not sure about it but I am absolutely sure that there is no direct lounge access from the check-in area ( landside ).
I confirm this.

I have been at ISL this week and there is no direct lounge-access. You have a dedicated CI-Area for J-Pax and another dedicated CI-Area for E, E+, CC-Members. Right behind that, you have the fast-track for passport control.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:44 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
As airport operations have moved I am closing this thread.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.