Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Green_eyes
Flying Shanghai-Dallas-Miami. Which airport you guys recommend to chose for the interview?
It's not like you have a choice. DFW it is.
Do I need to schedule it?
No.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Flying Shanghai-Dallas-Miami. Which airport you guys recommend to chose for the interview? Do I need to schedule it?
As @Marschel mentioned, it is your first port of entry into U.S.A.
Green_eyes likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Flying Shanghai-Dallas-Miami. Which airport you guys recommend to chose for the interview? Do I need to schedule it?
If you want to do interview on arrival then it will be at Dallas

But if you want to schedule an appointment then you can do it anywhere with available appointments so it could be at Dallas or Miami.
Green_eyes likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:59 am

Is there global entry on arrival at ORD on Sundays?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by romeo48
I don’t know if this is correct but I was told that they don’t do it on weekends at ORD and seem to only operate it for less than 8 hours per day during Monday-Friday. CBP at other airports have more opening days and hours than that for this process.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Has anyone done MCO??
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Enrollment upon Entry - preclearance

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but have been unable to get confirmation and searching yields lots of results that do not address the issue.

My daughter has gotten conditional approval for her GE and was planning on doing Enrollment upon Arrival at CLT when she returns from the Dominican Republic in December. Wrench in my plans when I found out the DR now does pre-clearance.

Is there anyway to still get Enrollment interview done or does preclearance blow up this plan?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Granitebox
Is there anyway to still get Enrollment interview done or does preclearance blow up this plan?
Enrollment on Arrival is available only during the immigration admissibility inspection of international passengers arriving in the US.

Since your daughter is coming from a preclearance location, she will be arriving at CLT as a domestic passenger and thus will not be going through the immigration process at CLT.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: aadvantage
Enrolment on arrival lax - uk passport holder

hi, I have got my conditional approval come thoughbfir the global entry and am due to fly in lax Tom Bradley next week on my way back to New Zealand. Has anyone done the enrolment on the arrival at lax with a non us passport? I understand that I have to go through the regular immigration line and just tell the officer when I get to front of the que that I want to do the enrolment on arrival ? I saw the global entry kiosks When I went went through a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t see any signs for enrolment on arrival, I just thought I’d check incase I missed something. Thanks in advance !
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Enrollment on Arrival at Charlotte

Has anyone completed EOA at CLT? Is it well marked or do you have any comments about finding the area for enrollment on arrival?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by romeo48
If you read their website, you'll see it says the answer is "No."
But! I arrived at ORD from HKG on a Sunday early afternoon a couple weeks ago and there was literally no line at all at any of the immigration booths. So as I was getting my passport checked, I politely asked the guy if it was possible to do interview-on-arrival. He pointed me to the woman one booth over and told me to talk to her. So I did. She asked two questions: 1) All these countries you've visited -- was it for business or pleasure? 2) Ever been arrested? She liked my answers,I was approved, I did the fingerprint thing, and I was out of there. Awesome! Probably took 5-10 minutes total. It made me very happy I hadn't bothered a special trip driving all the way to ORD for an interview at some other time.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Granitebox
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but have been unable to get confirmation and searching yields lots of results that do not address the issue.

My daughter has gotten conditional approval for her GE and was planning on doing Enrollment upon Arrival at CLT when she returns from the Dominican Republic in December. Wrench in my plans when I found out the DR now does pre-clearance.

I'm pretty sure Punta Cana does not have pre-clearance yet. Officials were there just discussing the idea...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:12 pm

Frustrating situation today. Was planning on getting my renewal interview done on arrival at JFK. Per the website, JFK T8 offers this service from 6am-11pm at desk #1 .

When I got there, the agents there said they had not been trained in T8 and I'd need to go to T4 for the interview (which wasn't practical w/ my connection). Annoying...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Has anyone done an enrollment on arrival interview for Global Entry renewal?

I have I am an active global entry member with conditional approval on my renewal and will flying into Chicago ORD from Asia tomorrow, Monday morning. I would love to do my renewal interview as enrollment on arrival and be done with it but also have a fairly tight connection.

With my active global entry can I use the global entry kiosks as usual and then do the “interview” when they are checking my printout or must I use the regular que if I want to do the interview?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by same0717
With my active global entry can I use the global entry kiosks as usual and then do the “interview” when they are checking my printout or must I use the regular que if I want to do the interview?
To the best of my understanding, there are dedicated lanes for Global Entry interviews on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.