Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:52 am

LAX on arrival

Hi

I am landing at LAX on Thursday from Australia. Have successfully applied for global entry on my UK passport (and have an esta on it) and now need to do Enrollment on arrival.

For global entry Enrollment on arrival do I use the kiosk/esta line or another line?? Just trying to be clear so I don’t waste time / end up in the wrong line...

Thanks!

Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You would go through the ESTA line.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
SImilar question... Mrs T and I got our conditional approval emails a couple of days after arriving at PHL last month (always knew it was 50:50 for getting it in time), so we were stuck in a long queue enviously watching the empty GE line with signs out for enrollment on arrival!

Is JFK T7 a similar set up? If so, can we go directly to the GE line for entry processing and interview/ enrollment?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You would go through the ESTA line.
Thanks for you help
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by chrisbris
Hi

I am landing at LAX on Thursday from Australia. Have successfully applied for global entry on my UK passport (and have an esta on it) and now need to do Enrollment on arrival.

For global entry Enrollment on arrival do I use the kiosk/esta line or another line?? Just trying to be clear so I don’t waste time / end up in the wrong line...

Thanks!

I got conditionally approved on my GE renewal application. I am originally plan to get interview done at JFK after redeye from LAX (where I will arrive first from my upcoming international trip).

I might grab my opportunity to do EoA at LAX, but I assume I'll go to kiosk to get my GE slip then tell CBP officer that I want to do EoA while giving my GE slip?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:05 am

How did you get on with the enrolment on arrival at PHL? I’ll be doing it later today so any hints and tips would be great.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LucyT
How did you get on with the enrolment on arrival at PHL? I’ll be doing it later today so any hints and tips would be great.
Welcome to FT! I assume "later today" posted on the 20th means that this is reply comes too late to help you, but for anyone else who comes across this in a search, the master thread in the Trusted Travelers forum might be more fruitful:

Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:56 pm

I never had GE, is this is new application, not renewal. Got pre-approved and wanted to know how long does the interview on arrival take.

Reason is that I have a tight connection at JFK. I assume I can use the GE lane to get to the interview, that saves me time, but not if their interview takes forever. Is it a formality for these kind of stuff (under 15min) or will it take much longer (>30min)? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:46 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I never had GE, is this is new application, not renewal. Got pre-approved and wanted to know how long does the interview on arrival take.

Reason is that I have a tight connection at JFK. I assume I can use the GE lane to get to the interview, that saves me time, but not if their interview takes forever. Is it a formality for these kind of stuff (under 15min) or will it take much longer (>30min)? Thanks.
I just saw this posted in a related thread:
Originally Posted by Dodino
I was able to walk in upon arrival at LAX. first I processed my entry through mobile pass (which took less than a minute) then proceeded to the Global entry window which had 2 people ahead of me. the interview process took less than 10 minutes, at the end I logged in my account page and found that I was approved. email confirmation followed 5 minutes
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: CBP
Some major airports and terminals have dedicated lanes for GE on arrival. At least where I'm from, not all officers are trained on GE interviews. The overwhelming majority are not. An officer needs access to the GE system, and most officers that I work with do no have this.

I'd ask the ushers or make it known to the officer as soon as you walk up.

It was mentioned earlier that an ESTA applicant would walk through the ESTA line for their GE on Arrival. That is incorrect at my port, and a huge waste of time.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by mkasperzak
Completed "Enrollment on Arrival" at SFO this morning on arrival from PVG at 8:30. There was no line when I arrived, but about 3 people behind me in the enrollment line when I finished.

Despite what the website says, the interview officer in SFO does NOT process your entry into the US, just the enrollment interview. The traveler either has to "enter" with another CBP officer, then go to the Enrollment officer, or if already a truster traveler, use GE, then get into the enrollment line. Easy process, and was approved by the time I got home, but DENIED for my APEC card for reasons unknown.
Thanks -- I will be trying for an interview on arrival at SFO this week, so want to make sure I'm clear on the current process:

1) Clear immigration as usual, no special line -- NOT at a GE station. I will try the Mobile Passport app again (it errored out last time, had to wait in a long regular line)

2) After clearing immigration (and customs?), go to the enrollment officer -- this is a different place than the regular non-arrival interview-based enrollment location, right? Is the signage clear?

Do I have that right? Love to hear any other recent experiences, and I will report back also.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: CBP
Easy process, and was approved by the time I got home, but DENIED for my APEC card for reasons unknown.
APEC approval generally needs to be done in the actual GE Office, due to a signature pad not found on the immigration line. On the immigration line, we approve people during Enrollment on Arrival then send them to the GE Office to finish off their APEC application with that signature.

2) After clearing immigration (and customs?), go to the enrollment officer
No. Take care of this in the immigration hall. It's no longer "on arrival" when you exit the inspection areas, though some airports will take walk ins for conditionally approved applicants.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by maninblack
No. Take care of this in the immigration hall. It's no longer "on arrival" when you exit the inspection areas, though some airports will take walk ins for conditionally approved applicants.
That's my question -- mkasperzak said "The traveler either has to "enter" with another CBP officer, then go to the Enrollment officer, or if already a truster traveler, use GE, then get into the enrollment line.".

I get that I don't want to exit the inspection areas and then go to the regular enrollment office, but I'm trying to make sure I know where to look for the right signage:

- Before immigration (mkasparzak's post implies *not* here)
- Between immigration and the customs exit (Is this what you meant by "in the immigration hall"?)
- After Customs exit

It sound slike this may be airport specific, so I'm asking about SFO.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by LucyT
How did it go?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:36 am

I did my interview on arrival on Friday at 6:00am at SFO and can report on the current setup:

- There were "Enrollment on Arrival Interview" signs before immigration with the Global Entry signage -- feeding into a special marked interview line next to the GE line. I was the first in that line, 2 others joined.

- This morning there was only one agent serving GE, Crew, and Interviews on Arrival. She had us wait until there were no GE/Crew to process, understandable. In the end, the total process took about 20 minutes, with 5 of that for the interview/fingerprints/photo. She also processed my entry into the country at the same time,apparently using the mobile passport declarations that I had submitted from the plane. I didn't have to show her the mobile barcode, but it must have been linked to the passport.

- SFO seems to be using the new customs system others have reported for everyone, where the main CBP/immigration agent does all of the interaction and takes your docs/receipt, and then you don't wait in a separate line to exit customs. There were customs folks near the exit talking to some people, but there was also a big EXIT sign to the side so I and others just walked out. This does mean that all GE people had to line up and show their passports and have their receipts scanned by the main CBP agent (and why she didn't want to take inverviews until there was nobody in that line).

Got the status change email within a few minutes, so it seems like I'm good to go for next time (hmmm, I didn't have a connecting flight, but if I did I wonder if putting the KTN in and reprinting the BP would have gotten PreCheck?).

If there isn't a lineup at the customs exit anymore that GE helps bypass, it does seem like it's worth using the mobile passport app on landing, and then seeing whether that line is faster than the GE kiosks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.