Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 3:18 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my GE renewal application today (7/28/2023). I was eligible for renewal 7/24/2023. After submitting my renewal application, I realized I mistakenly didn't select "yes" in regards to having a current drivers license. As we know, you cannot update the application once it's submitted. I realize I can address this during the interview, but does anyone have experience on if this will result in a denial of my renewal? The DL information is current in my TT profile.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Soonersall
Hi all,

I submitted my GE renewal application today (7/28/2023). I was eligible for renewal 7/24/2023. After submitting my renewal application, I realized I mistakenly didn't select "yes" in regards to having a current drivers license. As we know, you cannot update the application once it's submitted. I realize I can address this during the interview, but does anyone have experience on if this will result in a denial of my renewal? The DL information is current in my TT profile.
I almost wonder if this is an error on their side of the system. I know I updated my DL information for my renewal application, but after clicking submit it says None was provided. Did you decline to register your car with SENTRI? I declined that for mine and I think that overrides the DL update. It did not give me an issue for my renewal being approved.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by CREN
Should it arrive, try to see if you can update your passport information on the website, if not you will need to call and an officer will have to update your application with the new Passport number, issuance date, and expiration date. You will not need to submit a new application.
I'm not able to submit the renewal application because the passport is currently expired
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by CREN
I almost wonder if this is an error on their side of the system. I know I updated my DL information for my renewal application, but after clicking submit it says None was provided. Did you decline to register your car with SENTRI? I declined that for mine and I think that overrides the DL update. It did not give me an issue for my renewal being approved.
Yes, I declined to register my car with SENTRI. Over the weekend I was conditionally approved so thankfully the DL error wasn't the end of the world. Now to just snag a coveted interview slot....
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:13 pm

I just sent my wife's passport in with a DS-82 to update her name to my last name (USPS said it would arrive Monday 12/18/23). We are flying internationally in August of '24 so I'm trying to get everything lined up as close as possible in hopes of receiving global entry ahead of that trip. Am I able to apply with her current name and passport number and then change to the new passport at the interview? We were married 6/2022.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
I got conditional approval in August 2022. Since then I've never been successful at EoA nor been able to book an appointment.... until now . Appointment booked in March

My address has changed since then (I live outside the US). Can I just update it with the officer at my interview or is there a way to do it in advance? The address is written on the Permanent Residency card of the place I call home, should be enough? Or bring a couple of bills just in case?

I'm a dual citizen. I just show both passports at the appointment, or should I list my citizenships online somehow in advance?

The post at the top of the renewal thread makes me think yes, I'm all good. But I've been waiting this long and I finally have a shot to do this...don't want to screw it up
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:21 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by galego
I got conditional approval in August 2022. Since then I've never been successful at EoA nor been able to book an appointment.... until now . Appointment booked in March

My address has changed since then (I live outside the US). Can I just update it with the officer at my interview or is there a way to do it in advance? The address is written on the Permanent Residency card of the place I call home, should be enough? Or bring a couple of bills just in case?

I'm a dual citizen. I just show both passports at the appointment, or should I list my citizenships online somehow in advance?

The post at the top of the renewal thread makes me think yes, I'm all good. But I've been waiting this long and I finally have a shot to do this...don't want to screw it up
Very simply, it is not possible to make any changes to a pending application - all changes/updates are made at the interview. Don't stress - just bring along any documents you think you might need, and then during the interview conversation, show them if necessary.
galego and zmb like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by galego
My address has changed since then (I live outside the US)… The address is written on the Permanent Residency card of the place I call home, should be enough? Or bring a couple of bills just in case?
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Apr 20, 2024, 4:07 pm

Eye Color Incorrect

I'm GE, up for renewal. Travels now take me to Canada more, so I'm switching to Nexus. When I started my Nexus application in the TTP online portal, it prefilled all my info from my profile. And I noticed my eye color was wrong. I'm assuming this incorrect info made it into my initial GE app years ago (and slipped by me), but there's no way to confirm this.

If I update it on the Nexus app before submitting it, am I going to be causing myself a world of problems and delaying the approval of my app? I'm assuming CBP and CBSA would just look back at the GE app and rubber stamp it if i left it alone as the incorrect color.

So should I submit the app with the prefilled incorrect eye color and have CBP and CBSA correct it during the interviews or make the correction now pre-submittal? (If it makes a difference, I plan on doing Enrollment on Arrival for both US and Canada interviews). Also, for what it's worth, the correct eye color was submitted on my passport app years ago, so it's only the TTP portal that's wrong (and presumably my original GE app).

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.