Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Hi,

I applied for Global Entry while in the SF Bay Area (where appointments at SFO are booked for months out), but I moved to Seattle before the original appointment date. I've rescheduled my appointment to the SeaTac airport office (at an earlier date, even!) but I'm not seeing any way on the website to update my mailing address to match the new address on my WA state driver's license. Any ideas, or is this not an issue?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
When my driver's license renewed I went to the Nexus/GE office, because you can update a new passport online, but not a DL. I think I remember the CBP agent asking me if all the info, like my address, was still the same, so I assume they'll be able to just fix your address & DL info when you go in for the interview, & it's no big deal.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I have an odd address issue where I live and my DL doesn't match my actual address. When I went to the interview I took several CC an utility bills that had my name and address on them. The officer briefly looked over the envelopes and entered my correct address in the system, no problem.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC you're required to bring documentation of your address to the interview. Show stuff for the old and new addresses and explain that you moved since applying. This must happen regularly.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:56 pm

Question Change of Driver's License address between application and interview for Global Entry

My husband and I both applied for Global Entry and were conditionally approved. At the time of the application we used our home address which is where we have lived for well over 5 years, and that's what was on our driver's licenses at that time.

In the flurry of selling our home and other belongings, and planning to visit another country for several months soon, we submitted an online change of address for our driver's licenses, temporarily forgetting about our upcoming Global Entry interviews. So we now have physical possession of driver's licenses with our current address on them which match our application, AND also duplicate driver's licenses with the future address we will be using as our legal address for all mail while out of the country on them.

So we're not sure which DL to show during our interviews... the one that is currently technically correct but soon won't be when we leave the country for several months, or the one's with the new address (which is what the state DMV now has on file as our address).

To make the situation possibly more confusing, the new address on our driver's licenses is NOT a real residence. Like people who live out of the their RVs with no other address and thus use commercial virtual mailbox services (that have a street address), we won't have any residential address here in the USA other than a virtual mailbox until we come back in several months to the USA. While the DMV accepted the address and issued licenses to us under that address, I feel pretty sure that like banks and brokerages who require a "real" residential address for the Patriot Act, Global Entry probably will easily see that the new address on our driver's licenses is associated with a commercial service, and not somewhere that people normally live.

So with all that being said - Do we show our original DL that have our current real residence on them, even though our state DMV has issued us different ones recently and that's what will likely come up in the computer? Or do we show the new driver's licenses and hope GE won't care it's not a "real" residential address? Or do we show both sets of licenses and explain the details?

We really should have waited to change our DL address until after the interviews, but what is done is done. Any advice on how to handle this situation during our interviews? Mine is coming up in just a few days and I'm stressing out over what to do.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
DO NOT LIE! GE means you are a "trusted traveler". Explain the situation just as you have here. If CBP catches you in a lie at the interview you could be banned from GE for life (the same rule goes for after you get GE - if, by mistake, you have a banana in your briefcase after you leave the plane, declare it at the kiosk - if you don't & they happen to find it - lifetime GE ban).
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Agreed with rubesl. Just bring both licenses, and explain things as you have here. In my experience, and it seems in the experience of most of the people on the board, CBP officers doing GE interviews are pretty reasonable folks. You don't have anything to hide, so don't create a problem where there isn't one.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:22 pm

Global Entry application - how do I change/update information?

We've applied for Global Entry, but just received our new (renewed) passports. How do I change the information from old passport to new one?
Old May 18, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by scubamom
We've applied for Global Entry, but just received our new (renewed) passports. How do I change the information from old passport to new one?
I wouldn't bother. Just take both to the interview and have them enter the new information then.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Silver
My sister just lost hers. Can she add the old passport number in the application and then schedule the interview after she gets the new one?
Old May 23, 2016, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Glamette
My sister just lost hers. Can she add the old passport number in the application and then schedule the interview after she gets the new one?
Has she cancelled the lost one? If not, then it's probably okay.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Global Entry Conditionally Approved-but need to change passport-would that be a prob?

Hi,

I am a British citizen and I have got my GE to the US application conditionally approved, and I have scheduled an interview in Aug. Unfortunately, I have had to travel before that and I am likely to use up my pages before the interview (and would have to apply for a new passport). I do not think I can update my GOES account with new passport details, as I am unable to see any links to do so?

Has anyone encountered a similar situation?

Many Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by f1carzy
Hi,

I am a British citizen and I have got my GE to the US application conditionally approved, and I have scheduled an interview in Aug. Unfortunately, I have had to travel before that and I am likely to use up my pages before the interview (and would have to apply for a new passport). I do not think I can update my GOES account with new passport details, as I am unable to see any links to do so?

Has anyone encountered a similar situation?

Many Thanks!
Once you are approved you should be able to change your passport #, at least you can with US passports. I believe you can't change it while the application is pending.

If you go to the interview with the new passport there will be no problem. If you have to replace it afterwards, I doubt it will be a problem - you can change online. The absolute worst thing that could happen is on your first visit you'll have to visit a CBP office to have it changed.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:18 pm

Thanks drewguy!

I will post an update on how I get on, after the interview in Aug.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:02 am

Did the interview a couple of weeks ago at LAX. Got checked in and waited 5 mins, and when called in, the officer asked me my full name, asked why I wanted to be in GE, and then she went on to talk about the benefits of the program while emphasising that if caught in a random check to be in violation, one gets thrown out of the program. The passport that I had applied ran out of pages before the interview, so I had a new one. She confirmed that and updated GE with the new one. All done in 10 mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.