Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
No new application.

You can edit your passport details. Or better yet, bring your new and cancelled old passport with you to your interview.

I'm a bit confused by your post. In line 2 you say that you received your conditional approval in late 2020, but then in line 4, you say you haven't "passed conditional approval."
Thanks, I’ll have a look now see if I can find the option to edit passport details.

apologies I have changed my post, I have conditional approval but haven’t had my interview.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Flyer500X
Thanks, I’ll have a look now see if I can find the option to edit passport details.

apologies I have changed my post, I have conditional approval but haven’t had my interview.
Hello ​​​​​​Flyer500X,

I merged your question into the relevant thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

There is no ability for an applicant to update an application once it has been submitted.

Updates will have to be done by CBP during the interview.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite
Hello. First time enrolling for Global Entry. I applied and got conditional approval in July. My interview is in a few weeks. Between that time, I got my passport renewed, so my application was using my old passport. It doesn't seem like I can update my passport info on the website. My old passport has not been returned to me yet, it's been almost a month since receiving the new one, I'm doubting I'll get it back before the interview. Will I be ok if I just bring the new passport to my interview?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:53 am

Hey

I applied for Global Entry back in 2019 just before travel shut down and never got my approval through in time to head from the UK > US and have my interview.

My application has been sat at Conditionally Approved ever since but I renewed my passport in early 2021 so my application references my old passport details. I cannot see any options to change the application.

Does this mean I need to do a new Global Entry application?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Hey

I applied for Global Entry back in 2019 just before travel shut down and never got my approval through in time to head from the UK > US and have my interview.

My application has been sat at Conditionally Approved ever since but I renewed my passport in early 2021 so my application references my old passport details. I cannot see any options to change the application.
Cannot change while application is pending.
Does this mean I need to do a new Global Entry application?
No. Just bring both old and new passport to interview.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Cannot change while application is pending.

No. Just bring both old and new passport to interview.
Does anyone know if it will be an issue if I only have my new passport, and not my old one which I originally applied with?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by movie42buff
Does anyone know if it will be an issue if I only have my new passport, and not my old one which I originally applied with?
Do not know. They should have a record of your old passport. All they need to do is linking your Global Entry/NEXUS to your new U.S. passport.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:44 pm

Global Entry- New License # and Address since conditional approval, will I have issue

Title basically says it all. I was conditionally approved close to 2 years ago, but have since gotten a new driver's license and moved apartments from what I listed as my Current Address when I was approved.

I've got an interview scheduled for Tuesday since I'll be passing by the approval location (Blaine, WA). Will I have issues with having a different driver's license number, and a different address (if they ask me to verify if I still live there and I say no, I moved)? I can probably find a bank statement/utility bill from when I did live at the old address, s well as one one for my current address. Should that be good enough? I've got the same passport if that helps things.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:48 am

Errors in my GE application

Hi everyone,

I'm a LPR, have 2 foreign nationalities and applied for the GE program for the first time a few days ago.
After sending the application I realized I have some errors in my application - annoyingly all of them are due to technical glitches in the application website. First, the year I started a new job at my country of origin automatically moved from 2020 (the true year, before I became LPR) to 2021, which is after I became a LPR and therefore doesn't make sense...
Moreover, the website profoundly refused to add 2 countries to my travel history - they would appear when I added them but get removed the moment I continued to the next page.
I'm reading all the stories of people getting CA in a day and I'm getting anxious that those mistakes would be critical to my application (it's been 6 days now and still pending review).

How critical is it in your opinion? I would obviously let the officer know during the interview assuming I even get there...
Is it better to just abandon the application and start over?
Old May 9, 2022, 5:04 am

Anyone?
Old May 9, 2022, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Tal Dror
Anyone?
I merged your question into the relevant thread.

Please take a look at the earlier posts. Once an application has been submitted, the applicant does not have the ability to make changes or corrections. You will be given an opportunity during the enrolment interview to correct any information that is wrong on the application. There is no need to cancel your pending application and start anew.

From the DHS website:
Applying for Global Entry

Date Published
2/8/2022 10:40 AM

If you made an error and only realized it after you certified the application, you will not be able to correct it online and must wait until your interview. Please let the interviewing officer know what changes are needed. Please bring supporting documents with you to the enrollment center.
And a personal experience posted in this thread:
Originally Posted by cheaptom
From my recent interview experience, they give you plenty of time and opportunities at the interview to verbally correct anything you did wrong on the application. Wife forgot to list one country she'd been to last year, and she also had to update her email address. The interview clerk updated everything for her on the spot. Fast and painless.
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

P.S. Most applicants wait considerably longer than six days to recieve conditional approval. Please refer to the following thread:

Last edited by TWA884; May 9, 2022 at 9:35 am Reason: Add P.S.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:58 am

Thank you for your detailed reply. I did see all these posts/threads you mentioned but got worried because of the mistake I did with the starting date of my job, as I wrote I started my job in my country of origin after becoming an LPR which is IMO a big red flag not only for GE, but for my
immigration status altogether. That's why I'm nervous.
Therefore I wonder if this wouldn't make the CA take MUCH longer, or even get my application denied.
It's not a simple mistake like dropping a letter from my middle name or putting the wrong state as my address (which obviously CBP can see is a mistake). I fear I just put myself into trouble with my mistake...
Old May 26, 2022, 1:45 pm

Typo on address change in application; can I get it fixed when I add an ID?

Hi all, just applied for my Nexus renewal and I stupidly got one digit wrong on an address where I lived for 3 months between houses. Now of course it is saying "no changes" but I fear this small error is going to add a year to my application because the address I typed in isn't actually a valid mailing address...the street number doesn't exist.

The question is, if I go to the Global Entry enrollment for a changed drivers license, do you think there is any chance I can correct the application with the agent?

Just curious.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:35 pm

Unhappy Forgot a travel country on renewal

I did a NEXUS renewal application last night and realized 20 minutes later that I'd forgotten a (five-week!) work trip to China and didn't list there as one of the countries I'd traveled to after my previous renewal. How badly did I mess up?

Of course I didn't intend to leave it off--not like CBP would be unaware of it anyway--I just forgot since it was years ago and everything prior to 2020 is hazy for the dates. I had to make a lot of edits since I'd gotten a new passport, new driver license (and WA changed all of our card numbers), and new addresses, and got the date of that work trip wrong by a year. (I did list the two countries I've been to recently, post-2020.)

My last renewal didn't ask for an interview so no idea if that makes it more or less likely that I'll need to do an interview for this one. If I am called in, I'll happily tell the interviewers about the omission.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.