Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Accor, VIA Préférence
I have triple citizenship (Canada + two others). I did not list my non-Canadian passports on my Nexus application because I did not know it was required. Now that I am conditionally approved, I was planning to be upfront in the interview and let them know about all 3 passports right away.

I called the Niagara Falls Enrolment Center and the person on the phone told me that while I should have listed all my passports, I should still bring them all to the interview so they can be added to my application.

Any advice before I attend?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ramosc
I have triple citizenship (Canada + two others). I did not list my non-Canadian passports on my Nexus application because I did not know it was required. Now that I am conditionally approved, I was planning to be upfront in the interview and let them know about all 3 passports right away.

I called the Niagara Falls Enrolment Center and the person on the phone told me that while I should have listed all my passports, I should still bring them all to the interview so they can be added to my application.

Any advice before I attend?
It's still nt clear to me whether listing additional citizenships is required. I'd ask them whether it is and where that requirement is stated. I'd probably also mention that it was never evident to you when you filled out the form that this was a requirement.

Please let us know what they say!
ramosc likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:25 pm

Update: I am approved! I brought all my passports to my interview and was very upfront with the officers about having multiple citizenship. They were able to add them to my application there and didn't really seem concerned that they weren't on my original application. That said, they did want to make sure they had the information from all of my passports on file and said I need to make sure to keep my account updated if I ever renew one of the passports. But all in all, it was a very easy process.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by ramosc
Update: I am approved! I brought all my passports to my interview and was very upfront with the officers about having multiple citizenship. They were able to add them to my application there and didn't really seem concerned that they weren't on my original application. That said, they did want to make sure they had the information from all of my passports on file and said I need to make sure to keep my account updated if I ever renew one of the passports. But all in all, it was a very easy process.
Did they say that it was required to have all passports on file? Inquiring minds want to knw.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Did they say that it was required to have all passports on file? Inquiring minds want to knw.
They did not say it outright. One of my non-Canadian passports was expired so they did not end up adding it to my file. But they told me that once it was renewed, I needed to add it. So my understanding was that it is required to add any valid passports onto your profile.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 4:42 am

Global Entry Renewal -Mistake on application, county visited

Hi
I have a global entry which was expired in March 2023. 9 months ago prior to exipired, I applied global entey renewal and it's pending review as of now. I escalated my case since it is over the general time frame and the representative said that I would get a decision in several weeks.

I just went over the application online. I just noticed that I made a miskake by answering 'NO' in question "have you visited countries other than canada and mexico"?
I DID visited south korea this year and 2 years ago! I cannot believe why I entered incorrect info there. I called them and said I made a mistake on application and they said I would not be able to make the correction at this point.

It does say that the case can be denied due to false or incomplete info. Do you have any experiance that you were able to make the correction during the interview process on global entery renewal? Do they offer an interview even on renewal?

Please please help me here.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Welcome to FlyerTalk Katiexxy1980!

I merged your question into the relevant thread.

There is also useful information in the following thread:TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 9, 2023, 11:14 am

NEXUS with undocumented 3rd country citizenship

Hi. Canadian citizen (living in Canada) here, first time Nexus application, conditionally approved. Since submitting the NEXUS application I have received another citizenship (re-granted a citizenship of an EU country where I was born and have lost it). Of course, I will declare it at the Nexus interview.

However, by the time of my Nexus interview I won't have any passport/EU ID (from that country) yet. I will only have (that country's) citizenship certificate and a resident's ID (printed in Western script, but not in English/French/German), and with no official translation. Would that be enough?

Or is it likely to that they'd request an official translation or passport or EU ID, or would they call me for a second interview to bring those with me (or mail them, or e-mail them scans), please?

Last edited by Berry Picker; May 9, 2023 at 11:38 am
Old May 9, 2023, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Berry Picker
Hi. Canadian citizen (living in Canada) here, first time Nexus application, conditionally approved. Since submitting the NEXUS application I have received another citizenship (re-granted a citizenship of an EU country where I was born and have lost it). Of course, I will declare it at the Nexus interview.

However, by the time of my Nexus interview I won't have any passport/EU ID (from that country) yet. I will only have (that country's) citizenship certificate and a resident's ID (printed in Western script, but not in English/French/German), and with no official translation. Would that be enough?

Or is it likely to that they'd request an official translation or passport or EU ID, or would they call me for a second interview to bring those with me (or mail them, or e-mail them scans), please?
I believe that they will make note of the new citizenship and tell you that if/when you obtain a passport from that country you should bring it in to have your profile updated, as you would with any ther new passport or DL.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by legionnaire
A family member applied for Global Entry back in September 2022. The application status is still "processing" with no further emails. Is there anything more to do besides waiting?
While waiting for conditional approval, their address has changed. Is there somewhere to update the current address?
I will reach out to my Congress representative/senator's office as well.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 6:18 am

Exclamation Urgent: NEXUS Conditionally Approved - but citizenship changed

Did anyone face a similar situation where their citizenship changed while waiting to get an interview slot after conditional approval? What needs to be done in this situation?

I had applied for Nexus back in Feb 2020 and had an interview scheduled for May 2020 which was cancelled due to COVID
Fast forward to today, the interviews have re-opened and have booked an appointment for tomorrow - HOWEVER, since 2020 my citizenship has changed. When I applied for Nexus back in 2020, I was a Canadian PR, but now I am a Canadian Citizen. Since my application was already conditionally approved, I dont have the option to EDIT my application it seems.

Please if anyone has any guidance or similar experience/situation to share - would much appreciate. Thanks a lot
Old Jun 13, 2023, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indigonation5
Did anyone face a similar situation where their citizenship changed while waiting to get an interview slot after conditional approval? What needs to be done in this situation?

I had applied for Nexus back in Feb 2020 and had an interview scheduled for May 2020 which was cancelled due to COVID
Fast forward to today, the interviews have re-opened and have booked an appointment for tomorrow - HOWEVER, since 2020 my citizenship has changed. When I applied for Nexus back in 2020, I was a Canadian PR, but now I am a Canadian Citizen. Since my application was already conditionally approved, I dont have the option to EDIT my application it seems.

Please if anyone has any guidance or similar experience/situation to share - would much appreciate. Thanks a lot
You can't edit an application.

Bring it up at interview. They can update the system there. Bring your Canadian passport with you.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, TWA884 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Jun 13, 2023 at 9:59 am
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by legionnaire
While waiting for conditional approval, their address has changed. Is there somewhere to update the current address?
I will reach out to my Congress representative/senator's office as well.
Get it updated during the interview by CBP. Bring corresponding proofs.
legionnaire likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:01 pm

Mine is expiring within a couple weeks, but my passport has expired and I don't think the new one will get here before my birthday. Will I have to submit as a new application once I receive my new passport?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dchoe
Mine is expiring within a couple weeks, but my passport has expired and I don't think the new one will get here before my birthday. Will I have to submit as a new application once I receive my new passport?
Should it arrive, try to see if you can update your passport information on the website, if not you will need to call and an officer will have to update your application with the new Passport number, issuance date, and expiration date. You will not need to submit a new application.

Regarding Passport: I requested expedited in June, was advised it would take 7-9 weeks for them to process it after it was received/time to mail it back to me after that window. It took under 5 weeks total from the time I mailed it to the time it arrived back to me in the mail. It actually arrived in my mailbox before the State Department e-mail entered my inbox saying it was on its way.

Global Entry Renewal: Times for approval seem to have a very wide range. Mine took one business day to be approved and I applied for renewal the day my new passport arrived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.