Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rubesl
For my Nexus renewal in July I listed all kinds of "suspect" countries like Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, etc. and surprisingly I was renewed without an interview.
When I read suspect I was expecting Somalia or Syria. Wondering how do you define suspect..

I had North Korea on my application and didn't get questioned over it.

Chill.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:14 am

I am trying to fill out my Global Entry renewal application and I do not see Hong Kong in the list of "countries" visited but Macao is listed. How does list Hong Kong then? As China? What if you have visited both Hong Kong and Macao?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by sbandy
I am trying to fill out my Global Entry renewal application and I do not see Hong Kong in the list of "countries" visited but Macao is listed. How does list Hong Kong then? As China? What if you have visited both Hong Kong and Macao?
I find it odd that they would list Macau but not Hong Kong. But Hong Kong is part of the country of China, so it would be entirely accurate to say China. If you also visited Macau, then I would just list both Macau and China.

I'm not answering based on any inside information or experience. I'm just telling you what I would do.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I completely forgot about my cruise and failed to declare all the cruise stops from my Caribbean cruise. Will this affect my app?(Omitted Bahamas and Cayman Islands).
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
I completely forgot about my cruise and failed to declare all the cruise stops from my Caribbean cruise. Will this affect my app?(Omitted Bahamas and Cayman Islands).
I doubt it will be a problem. We’ve cruised extensively in the Caribbean and we did the best we could but some weren’t on the list probably because they’re territories of other countries. It’s not like you spend days on an island during a cruise and you certainly don’t go through any kind of formal immigration/entrance process with island officials. They may board the ship and glance at passenger lists but I’ve never had them ask to see or handle my passport other than at initial embarkation.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
If you are the least bit uncomfortable, just mention the stops during your interview.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mnbp
If you are the least bit uncomfortable, just mention the stops during your interview.
Yes, during the interview one of the more frequently asked questions is "are all of the countries listed on your application all of the countries you have actually visited in the last number of years?" As long as you declare any additional countries at that time that you may not have remembered or were not sure of, you should be fine. They know people travel a lot, and go on cruises such as mentioned where multiple stops in different countries and entities of differing provenance and governance (think Guadeloupe/Anguilla/Aruba) with differing entry requirements for cruise ship passengers vs. longer term tourists can create some uncertainty. As always, report if you're not sure.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mnbp
Thanks! Will make sure that I do.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yes, during the interview one of the more frequently asked questions is "are all of the countries listed on your application all of the countries you have actually visited in the last number of years?" As long as you declare any additional countries at that time that you may not have remembered or were not sure of, you should be fine. They know people travel a lot, and go on cruises such as mentioned where multiple stops in different countries and entities of differing provenance and governance (think Guadeloupe/Anguilla/Aruba) with differing entry requirements for cruise ship passengers vs. longer term tourists can create some uncertainty. As always, report if you're not sure.
Thanks! I will make sure I report at the interview!

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 1, 2017 at 4:00 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:19 pm

If in any doubt and you've already submitted the form, don't sweat it - just mention it at the interview.

In my case, I started the interview by saying I forgot to mention certain countries, and the interviewer already knew about at least one of them. So it definitely pays to be as thorough as possible.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:26 pm

I'm filling out the Global Entry form now and GDR is still on the list. I wasn't sure if I've ever been since I've been to East Berlin in the last five years, so I had to Google it to figure out it doesn't exist anymore. I'm glad there's a Flyertalk thread for everything.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:38 pm

Reporting Travelled Countries Question

Hello, i cant seem to find a thread to ask this question. my apologies if there is one.

I recently wanted to put in an app for my dad for Global Entry, i came across some stuff i wasnt sure of. There is one country im not sure if it needs to be reported or not.
He went on a trip to Croatia, since Croatia is split up towards to south end of the country, they basically had to get stamped to enter Bosnia, and then back into Croatia again. Im curious if he should report saying he had entered Bosnia or not. or is it just better to list everything just incase. I noticed they also stamped his passport while in transit(Swiss, Zurich). report those as well?

thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Absolutely report Bosnia ... CBP can decide if more information required (or not).
Likewise on Switzerland.
Err on the side of sharing more information rather than less.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BuBu4
Hello, i cant seem to find a thread to ask this question. my apologies if there is one.
I found it for you and merged your question into it.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Absolutely report Bosnia ... CBP can decide if more information required (or not).
Likewise on Switzerland.
Err on the side of sharing more information rather than less.
yeah, i was thinking the same... but at the same time, i was wondering if travelling very briefly through should count or not. better safe than sorry is correct. thanks!

Originally Posted by TWA884
I found it for you and merged your question into it.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
thanks! i totally didnt search the right title haha.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:21 am

NEXUS Renewal - Listing countries visited that aren't captured on your passport

Sorry, not quite sure how to phrase this. I submitted my renewal application for my NEXUS card and listed every country that I've visited. However, I realised (belatedly) that I often travel on my UNLP (basically a "passport' issued by the UN for official travel). I told them GOES of my UNLP when I got it (actually went into the office at YVR and showed it/had it scanned), but not sure that travel when I use the UNLP is part of my "file" with either the Canadian or US. There was no option to include UNLP as another passport (some forms list UN/UNLP as a citizenship - it's not, but it means you can select it as a travel document). Should I have left those countries out? I figure it was better to list (I also listed all Schengen countries I've been too even though, living in a Schengen country, I don't have any passport scanned at all when entering/exiting).

I've been really careful about letting them know of all changes. Since I got my NEXUS, I've gone from Canada to the US to Europe. Had (and got rid of) TN status. Had a G4 visa to the US. And added the UNLP. I've changed what I can online and gone to the office pretty much every time I come home (seems like something has changed between everyone of my visits home).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.