Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I would list only those you went through immigration in - not merely connecting.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:07 pm

One more question

Okay, I am almost done and have one more question. For both Passport and Drivers License info they ask for my "Maternal Name" as it appears of my passport and drivers license. My mother's maiden name is not actually printed on either the license or the passport. Do I include it?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
So at my interview, I had my countries list, but the interviewer only asked if I'd been to Canada and Mexico in the last five years. So it wasn't an issue. Only other questions were had I ever been arrested or had a customs or immigration violation.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nancy Colson
Okay, I am almost done and have one more question. For both Passport and Drivers License info they ask for my "Maternal Name" as it appears of my passport and drivers license. My mother's maiden name is not actually printed on either the license or the passport. Do I include it?
I left that field blank. It is not a required field.

My Mom had 2 maiden names due to being adopted and I didn't know which one to put so I left it empty.

I did get approved and it was not questioned.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nancy Colson
taken from another post "The "maternal name" field is there to account for names that follow Spain-style naming conventions. If that doesn't apply to you, use the First, Middle, and Last/Paternal name fields as normal. No need to add your mother's maiden name if it isn't part of yours"

the instructions should clarify this but alas it doesn't
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:48 am

I didn't list my transit countries but in hindsight I guess I was playing with fire because really what do I lose by listing France, Italy, and The Netherlands?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by danib62
I didn't list my transit countries but in hindsight I guess I was playing with fire because really what do I lose by listing France, Italy, and The Netherlands?
You lose nothing by answering the question truthfully. You run the risk of denial for making a false statement.

If one wants to argue for 3 years with the CBP Ombudsman appeals processas to whether transiting Rome is or is not "visiting Italy", that's fine.

Don't forget that the reason CBP asks the question isn't to obtain the information. CBP has it. It is to see whether you lie.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Countries visited Global Entry

Originally Posted by tonyrocks922
In the countries visited in the last X years section, do you need to list a country if you only changed planes in the airport?
I agree with Randyk47 and Often1 - YES - if you just go through an airport, put it on the list anyway. Some people with long layovers go into a city, so that might be a consideration.

Also, I just filled out the application the end of last week for BOS (any idea of waiting times for review and interviews?) and it only asked me for travel the last 5 years.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you stayed behind security in the transit zone, then you never actually entered the country.

They only want to know about the previous five years travel and residency. I belive they do ask for the previous ten years in terms of work history.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Work and address history

Yes, they asked how long I had been at my present job (22 years) and how long I had lived in the same place (22 years). But originally remembered people saying past ten years of travel history so I went through my current and past passports. After reading it more closely I was able to eliminate half of my travel destinations because it definitely said 5 years. I don't know whether they care or not but Delta (back in the good old days of 2+ years ago when I was Platinum Elite Plus) put me in the trusted traveler program and I always have TSA Pre-Check when I check-in.

Alas, there are no places at all in Maine or northern New England for interviews, so it will have to be Boston.(Not a happy state for someone who has rheumatoid arthitis and has to drive to the bus station in Portland - 1-1/2 - 2 hours and then take a 2 hour bus ride.) But it sounds like it will be worth it again because I always have to try to run through customs (only carry on) to try to make my bus back to Portland, usually at night when the bus schedule is less frequent.

From all I have read, it seems like about 3 weeks is the norm for an interview (but not necessarily approval). I appreciate any updates, esp from people in the Boston area.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:57 am

Cruise often - many countries on my GOES application

Will the fact that I cruised to and listed numerous countries (mostly Caribbean) on my Global Entry Application delay getting approved?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
no, i had about 25-30 countries on mine and had no issues whatsoever
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bmjabber2
Will the fact that I cruised to and listed numerous countries (mostly Caribbean) on my Global Entry Application delay getting approved?
No. We've cruised the Caribbean and the Med, along with land travel, extensively in the last few years and our travels were never mentioned or questioned.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If anything, I would think that would show that you're part of their "target audience" of frequent international travelers.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
For my Nexus renewal in July I listed all kinds of "suspect" countries like Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, etc. and surprisingly I was renewed without an interview.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.