Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Thanks, that's what I'm opting for. I figure they'll be more interested in some of my land trips vs my cruises anyways, if they care at all.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Just jot them down on a piece of paper and bring it with you to the interview. Tell them "Hey, these countries weren't available to select on the online application, but I've been here, here, and here too".

It's very unlikely to become an issue, but just for completeness' sake. The number one thing they're looking for is honesty (that's the "trusted" part of trusted traveler program).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by wrp96
Thanks, that's what I'm opting for. I figure they'll be more interested in some of my land trips vs my cruises anyways, if they care at all.
I also figure the record keeping for some of the small Caribbean islands is less than state of the art especially for cruisers. In 17 years, and close to that number of cruises, in the Caribbean I've never been asked for my passport, or any ID other than my ship passenger ID, as a cruise line passenger. Typically the cruise line asks for a passport when you check in at the terminal and it stays in our cabin safe until disembarkation at the end of the cruise. Supposedly officials from most of the islands board the ships when they dock/anchor and again supposedly check the passenger list but I have no idea or even a hint that they have a record of each and every passenger on a cruise ship.

The Med was a little different in that the cruise lines held our passports and returned them at the end of the cruise. Only once did I see, or at least have evidence, that port officials actually looked at our passports during a cruise and that was one stamp at Piraeus which is the closest port to Athens as there was a stamp in our passports. No other port bothered to stamp our passports if they even looked at them.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Islands like St. Martin/St. Marteen, Curaçao, etc are not on the countries list. Do I need to select France and Netherlands instead?
I've been to both of these islands too and I selected "NETHERLANDS ANTILLES". I believe this is what they were known as prior to 2010.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfosuw
I've been to both of these islands too and I selected "NETHERLANDS ANTILLES". I believe this is what they were known as prior to 2010.
That wasn't on the list. Believe me if it was, that's what I would've selected. There were other Caribbean islands not on the list too, that weren't part of the Netherlands Antilles.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Write them all down and have them ready with a clear explanation. All it takes is for an Officer to assess you as dishonest for failing to report a landing at some place which managed to scan your passport for once in 10,000 entries and you are SOL.

As with all dealings relating to CBP and especially GE, if there is even a remote question as to what the truth is, answer it.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
That wasn't on the list. Believe me if it was, that's what I would've selected. There were other Caribbean islands not on the list too, that weren't part of the Netherlands Antilles.
Originally Posted by Often1
Write them all down and have them ready with a clear explanation. All it takes is for an Officer to assess you as dishonest for failing to report a landing at some place which managed to scan your passport for once in 10,000 entries and you are SOL.

As with all dealings relating to CBP and especially GE, if there is even a remote question as to what the truth is, answer it.
I didn't write down the Caribbean islands I couldn't find on the list but that's not a bad idea. I probably could have pulled them from memory if I'd been challenged but it didn't come up. At my interview, or at least prior to it, I was more focused on if I'd be questioned about our recent and fairly substantial travel in the Med from Spain to Turkey. Not that we'd gone any place we shouldn't have or done anything wrong but after two summers over there the list was long and many were not EU countries. The agent knew from my application, and maybe whatever he was seeing on his screen, that I was a retired Federal employee and he was more interested in that than anything else because he thinking about retiring in a few years.

Have to second and stress Often1's honesty is the best policy statement. Reading through all the very threads and posts on this board it seems while some get rejected for past bad or potentially questionable behavior more get rejected for not being forthcoming. In kind of a wry way I find it interesting that the GE application and approval process is probably one of the more picky government programs.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep a full list of places that I've visited going back years - for my own curiousity. I planned on just printing that off and taking it with me. That way if there are any questions I have the answer right there.

Received my conditional approval today and scheduled my interview. I have to fly somewhere to do it, so my interview isn't until a trip through DFW in June as I couldn't change any already booked trips.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:37 pm

I just renewed today and put down Netherlands and France for Sint Maarten/St Martin. Technically I suppose that is correct, and in any case they fit well with Belgium, France and Switzerland which are also on my list.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:03 am

visiting countries after GE application bur before interview

I'm a USA resident and citizen currently spending a year living and teaching in Ethiopia. I was hoping to send in my Global Entry application now and then do the interview when I land in the US. But on my way back I'm planning on spending a month traveling through Europe. Since I will be visiting countries after my application but before my interview should I list those countries I will be visiting on my application? I'm worried that if I don't then during the interview they would see the countries visited in my passport or in their system and then I'd get denied. So, should I list countries that I plan on visiting before the interview or should I only list what I have visited at the time of my application.

Thanks!

Last edited by devlinmcguire; May 13, 2016 at 3:12 am Reason: grammar
Old May 13, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Gold, Emerald Club Executive Elite, Global Entry
Don't over think it. Answer the questions asked which in this case I believe ask about prior travel. If you go somewhere subsequently you have facts and a timeline on your side. You're probably going to create more issues listing countries you haven't been to yet. Remember, the application is reviewed before they agree to even interview you.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:15 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
On the application, list the ones you've already visited. When you go in for the interview, just say "since the application I've also been to Wakanda, Latveria, and Sokovia".
Old May 13, 2016, 6:25 pm

I don't think they even asked if I had visited any countries other than Canada or Mexico during my interview but if they ask you just tell them since you submitted your application you've visited countries X, Y, and Z and truthfully answer any follow up questions they have.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, do not list countries you have not visited. That would be a false statement and will likely cause your application to be denied so that you will never get to an interview.

CBP already has the answers. You are being asked to see whether you tell the truth.

The trick to government forms is just to answer the exact question asked. No more and no less.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:39 pm

Global Entry Application Question

I have finally decided to apply for a Global Entry card. When filling out the application and listing the countries I've visited in the last five years, do I also include countries where I simply made a flight connection or just countries that I truly visited?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.