Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

So I signed up for Global Entry and stupidly left a few countries off of my "list of countries you've been to in the last 5 years". I don't see an option to update the application after it's been submitted. Should I just tell them about this at the interview? I assume (hope) it won't be a basis for denying the application?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by crimson12
So I signed up for Global Entry and stupidly left a few countries off of my "list of countries you've been to in the last 5 years". I don't see an option to update the application after it's been submitted. Should I just tell them about this at the interview? I assume (hope) it won't be a basis for denying the application?
I forgot to put Canada on the list when I signed up.
They didn't care, and I have GE & NEXUS.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Good to know they don't care, though GE does ask you to list places you've been other than the US, Canada or Mexico...

I left off UK, Portugal, St. Lucia, and Germany. Yeah, I don't know how I forgot four different trips, either.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't care where you've been.

I'm sure they're interested more in travel patterns to high risk, high threat, high crime countries. So leaving off UK wont bother anyone, but if it seems that you keep going to North Korea and Afghanistan every other week and are less than forthcoming about it, expect a phone call [or a home visit from the suits] about your application.

For super frequent global travelers, it not always easy to remember where you've been, or to be able to read all the stamps in your passport, or to fit all the countries you've visited on the 2-4 lines provided on most visa/entry/immigration forms.

Last edited by SectionChief; Dec 17, 2011 at 2:51 am
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Question LPR naturalizing - Problem with Global Entry?

I'll toss in another question if I may (thread title seems generic enough to piggy-back).

I'm a Permanent Resident who is going through the naturalization process. Is it ok to sign up for GE and then subsequently naturalize (or will this somehow invalidate the data that GE have, e.g. my new US passport number)?

I want to get GE done quickly so I can get it reimbursed on my AMEX Platinum before canceling the card.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Mine was difficult to put in, but here it is.
Canada
USA
Mexico
Jamaica
S Korea
China
HK
Macau
Singapore
Malaysia
Vietnam
Thailand
UK
France
Germany
Spain
Switzerland
S Africa
Japan
Poland
Columbia
Australia
NZ
Taiwan
Italy
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:18 am

Good to know they don't care, though GE does ask you to list places you've been other than the US, Canada or Mexico...

I left off UK, Portugal, St. Lucia, and Germany. Yeah, I don't know how I forgot four different trips, either.
Interestingly, the interviewer specifically asked if I had been to Mexico. I had taken a cruise to Cozumel, but had not listed that on my application...I don't think that's why he was asking because I don't think anyone scanned the passport in Cozumel. In any case, I told him about that.

I didn't leave anything else off, but I did go to a new country (UK) after applying and before approval. The interviewer read the list I had submitted, and asked if there were any countries I needed to add. I told him about the trip, and everything was fine. I have no idea if he was comparing my list with a "missing countries" list.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by SectionChief
I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't care where you've been.

I'm sure they're interested more in travel patterns to high risk, high threat, high crime countries. So leaving off UK wont bother anyone, but if it seems that you keep going to North Korea and Afghanistan every other week and are less than forthcoming about it, expect a phone call [or a home visit from the suits] about your application.

For super frequent global travelers, it not always easy to remember where you've been, or to be able to read all the stamps in your passport, or to fit all the countries you've visited on the 2-4 lines provided on most visa/entry/immigration forms.
They did ask during the interview everywhere I had been and why.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: DL KM
I did just the opposite- I put in more countries than I actually traveled in the last 5 years. Didn't seem to be an issue either.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I'm wondering what they will ask me about countries visited. I put in zero countries visited (the truth, I'm a terrible FTer I know but I am making progress!) but I am going to Costa Rica next month and will likely have several other countries in my future. Figured I might as well apply with the $100 refund from the Plat, in advance of my trips. I was conditionally approved but still need to schedule the interview (waiting for something I'll need for it before I schedule that).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL KM
If they ask you, just tell them where you've been/havent been. If they've conditionally approved you, you're 90% there.

It's my opinion that they're looking for people traveling to countries with known terrorist activity, and also the truthfulness of the applicant.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'm wondering what they will ask me about countries visited. I put in zero countries visited (the truth, I'm a terrible FTer I know but I am making progress!) but I am going to Costa Rica next month and will likely have several other countries in my future. Figured I might as well apply with the $100 refund from the Plat, in advance of my trips. I was conditionally approved but still need to schedule the interview (waiting for something I'll need for it before I schedule that).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'm sure they won't care that you haven't traveled yet.

But I have a question...Costa Rica isn't a reason for Global Entry? If you're flying back through Miami I think you will be very happy to fly through immigration.

(Rereading your post, I guess Costa Rica is the reason you're asking the question...have fun and get a steak at El Bramadero if you're MR'ing through Liberia)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by igopogo
I'm sure they won't care that you haven't traveled yet.

But I have a question...Costa Rica isn't a reason for Global Entry? If you're flying back through Miami I think you will be very happy to fly through immigration.

(Rereading your post, I guess Costa Rica is the reason you're asking the question...have fun and get a steak at El Bramadero if you're MR'ing through Liberia)
Yes. Going through MIA is EXACTLY the perfect reason to get GE ^. I'll be passing through LIR so I'll see if I can get a stop in at that restaurant, I'm always up for a good steak!

Was just wondering what they might ask me. I'm not concerned about it or worried they might reject me at all, more just curious. I once had an interview to work at the passport processing center and I used to work for a government agency (the only one more hated than TSA!), so I'm not too concerned about acceptance. I'm just in something of an unusual situation. They'll see that I am harmless . Just going to mention that I have much more international travel coming up (also truth), that's why I want it despite nothing previous.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread relocated to Practical Travel Safety forum which hosts primary discussions of the Global Entry program.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:54 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At your interview, they will give you the chance to update or amend any application information before your fingerprints are submitted for final program approval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.