Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Does the visited countries list still include the USSR? I know I saw it and I posted it somewhere and I can't find it any more. Sad panda.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by chx1975
Does the visited countries list still include the USSR? I know I saw it and I posted it somewhere and I can't find it any more. Sad panda.
I believe they are only asking a list of countries visited in the last 5 or 10 years. Sorry to disappoint, but the USSR has been gone for almost 20 years (dissolved on December 31, 1991).
I know they had it and a GDR on the list, but they are finally cleaning up a bit, as it sounds.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: DL,EK
They did not have Transnistria or Somaliland on the list and I had to just put Moldova and Somalia.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
They did not have Transnistria or Somaliland on the list and I had to just put Moldova and Somalia.
Transnistria and Somaliland are not officially recognised by any UN member states, so the fact that the US does not have them on the GE list is not surprising.

(I do find it interesting that Transnistria flies the Russian flag next to its own, yet Russia has not officially recognised it.)
Old Sep 13, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Transnistria and Somaliland are not officially recognised by any UN member states, so the fact that the US does not have them on the GE list is not surprising.

(I do find it interesting that Transnistria flies the Russian flag next to its own, yet Russia has not officially recognised it.)
True, but I never have passed through Somali immigration and my visa came from Somaliland. I don't feel like I have been to Somalia.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by luitje
I believe they are only asking a list of countries visited in the last 5 or 10 years.
It's 5 years, and they explicitly say not to include Canada and Mexico.

At my renewal, I didn't include my border trips on the form. At the interview, I was asked "Did you take any trips to Canada?" "Nope." "Did you take any trips to Mexico?" "Yup." "Why didn't you include it on the form?" "Because the instructions say not to." "Good answer! You're good to go. Stare into the camera and put your fingerprints on the scanner."
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:00 am

The GE renewal form is asking for the countries I visited "since 2015".

Does that mean inclusive of 2015 or 2016 onwards? My interpretation is the latter but wanted to check here.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The GE renewal form is asking for the countries I visited "since 2015".

Does that mean inclusive of 2015 or 2016 onwards? My interpretation is the latter but wanted to check here.
IIRC it used to specify the previous 5 years - so I went by 5 years prior t the current date. I wonder - is that not correct now?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
IIRC it used to specify the previous 5 years - so I went by 5 years prior t the current date. I wonder - is that not correct now?
You're right. I didn't click through and it says travel "since October 2015". Thanks!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Ari
At your interview, they will give you the chance to update or amend any application information before your fingerprints are submitted for final program approval.
I hope this is still the case. I just submitted GA application, using my passports as my database but missed one/some Schengen countries since the passport wasn't required at those places.
Old May 19, 2021, 6:24 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rhea98
I hope this is still the case. I just submitted GA application, using my passports as my database but missed one/some Schengen countries since the passport wasn't required at those places.
Why would your memory serve you any better at the time of your interview than at the time of your application? Your passports will certainly bear the same stamps . . .
Old May 19, 2021, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ari
Why would your memory serve you any better at the time of your interview than at the time of your application? Your passports will certainly bear the same stamps . . .
But the stamps only indicate the point of entry into Schengen which might not be the destination country.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by TomMM
But the stamps only indicate the point of entry into Schengen which might not be the destination country.
Don't "wrap yourself around the axle" trying to be extraordinarily precise about individual Schengen countries. Just mention those countries during the interview - no problem.
Old May 19, 2021, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
Why would your memory serve you any better at the time of your interview than at the time of your application?
It served me better immediately after submitting the application. Why? ??????? I have added the info to my printout so that I do not have to rely on such a seemingly enigmatic memory system during an interview.
EDIT: BTW, not one single question asked in the "interview." He took our fingerprints and photo. Wrote our number on an info sheet for us and said the cards would arrive within 3(?) weeks. They did.

Last edited by Rhea98; Aug 16, 2021 at 4:48 am
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VS Silver, BA Gold
Accidentally let my Global Entry expire in April.
Just reapplied today. Have been to 30 countries since my last application in 2016. Including some favorites like Egypt! (But hey, no one batted an eye during my first Global Entry interview ~2011 when I had Syria down on my list of recently visited countries.) I've also moved countries since my last renewal. Will be interesting to see what happens!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.