Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:16 pm

Got home after flying yesterday to notice that my GE was revoked. Flew from the USA to UK and on to Budapest. Left the USA.

"You do not meet program eligibility requirements"

I did notice that one of my checked bags was searched however nothing from what I can tell was removed. No paper of any sort in the bag, just the notice of search.

Received the notice about 12 hours after I had left Phoenix en route to LHR.

No clue what happened.

Last edited by Jesperss; Jun 29, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:23 am

did you ever find out the reason? also had an issue transiting through the UK
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:31 am

I received a notification this morning saying:

You do not meet program eligibility requirements due to prior Customs or Agriculture violation(s).

I've held GE since 2017 without issue, and applied to renew in September 2021 knowing they had a huge backlog. My assumption is they looked at my profile for the purposes of renewal, and found something that made them revoke it. However I have no recollection of any issues with customs, certainly since 2017. The only issue I recall was in 2008 entering Australia, when they took out hiking boots I had failed to clean properly and washed them off due to concerns about soil contamination.

I can request reconsideration, but given I don't know what the problem is, I can't see that being successful. I am a UK citizen and green card holder.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Edit - I have submitted a freedom of information request. What's unclear to me is how long I can request the ombudsman to review my case, as I understand information requests can take many months.

Last edited by Daneel; Jul 10, 2022 at 12:55 pm Reason: Formatting/ text color
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: Chase and American Express
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you are a US citizen or LPR, then I would suggest applying for reconsideration and also reaching out on the matter to one of your two US Senators while at it; and if it's possibly relevant to your situation, don't be shy about mentioning to DHS that you are concerned that you may have been subject to exclusion from the program on a prejudicial basis of ethnic/religious/national origin affiliation since you have never been in trouble.
Quick question, so out of our family of 5, only our father got rejected. This was like 2 years ago. I appealed to the Ombudsman this year but he got denied again. No reason given and oddly he is always given tsa precheck when he travels with us but for some reason keeps getting denied for global entry. Is it too late to write to the US Senators since I already appealed?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:15 am

Had my status revoked in July for unknown reasons....filed an appeal

Four months later had it overturned:

"Thank you for your participation in the Global Entry program of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).The CBP Ombudsman has completed a review of your Trusted Traveler Reconsideration Request and has overturned the denial/revocation of your membership. A separate notification will provide the next steps relating to your membership in the Global Entry program"

Still no clue at all why it was revoked.
TH310 and tecate55 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss

"Thank you for your participation in the Global Entry program of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).The CBP Ombudsman has completed a review of your Trusted Traveler Reconsideration Request and has overturned the denial/revocation of your membership. A separate notification will provide the next steps relating to your membership in the Global Entry program"

What did you include in your appeal? Mine was denied for the same vague reason (Other - You do not meet program eligibility requirements at this time) so I am not sure what to upload for the appeal. Mine was denied after being conditionally approved and completing the fingerprints. I have no criminal record (not even a traffic ticket in my life) and I was never stopped at customs.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:49 pm

you have zero clue why your GE is revoked? that is weird to be honest! if you give us a clue, we will also learn something.
Old May 10, 2023, 3:02 pm

Hi, how long till you got "A separate notification will provide the next steps relating to your membership in the Global Entry program"
What was next step?

Thank you
Old Jun 9, 2023, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
you have zero clue why your GE is revoked? that is weird to be honest! if you give us a clue, we will also learn something.
no clue.

the only possibility I can think of is that I had a missing persons report called on me the night before I left.

long story but ended the report ended up being an accident and was cleared a couple hours later.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: LH FTL
....filed an appeal.
How did you file an appeal?
I've have mine revoked and haven't been able to find any method to appeal.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:25 am

Angry Global Entry Revoked

So here is my long-winded story...

My Global Entry application had been "Conditionally Approved" for almost 18 months.

On the 2nd October 2022 I entered the USA at SeaTac in Washington State and completed my interview on arrival. During the interview, the officer said that I has "passed" and I should receive confirmation via email withing the next few minutes to 24 hours.

On the 9th October, I still hadn't received any confirmation so after returning to Germany, on the 25th October I called the CBP office at SeaTac. They were unable to tell me why my application hadn't been approved. They opened Case Reference [--REDACTED--70].

On the 11th November I called SeaTac again and they said that it appeared to be a issue with my fingerprints. I clearly remember that the CBP officer did not make a copy of my fingerprints during my interview on arrival. The CBP officer I spoke with at SeaTac say he could "push through" my application and set it as "Approved". On the 11th November 2022 I received an notification via the TTP Portal that my applicatio had been approved. I have attached a copy of this mail for your review.

On the 12th November, 24 hours later, I receive another notification via the TTP portal that that my application had been revoked. The notification did no include any information why. I have attached a copy of this mail for your review.

The next day I called up SeaTac again, and no one there was able to see why it had been revoked. I then called the Washinton DC office and they also said they couldn't see why it was revoked. I was told by the DC office that my only method of recourse was to submit a complaint to the CBP office or "Reappply" through the TTP Portal.

On the 29th November, I opened Case Reference [--REDACTED--05] to escalate this issue.

On the 2nd December I received an email from Douglas Novak, Supervisory CBP Officer, Seattle WA, regarding Case Reference [--REDACTED--70]. In the email he stated that my "...status in the program was changed due to the fingerprinting issue. We recommend that you file a reconsideration request through your Trusted Traveler Program profile. This can found under the status of your account when you log in. Request that your account be set to conditionally approved to allow you to come in for fingerprinting."

I have looked in my TTP portal but there is no option for me to request Reconsideration. My only option is to Reapply.
On the 8th December I receive a reply to Case Reference [--REDACTED--05].

In short...
  • I was told that my "... membership was not revoked by the US, it was revoked by the partner government agency. Please reach out directly to that government agency for assistance with your membership."
  • I then tried to clarify what they meant my a "partner government agency", and asked how a non-CBP agency could revoke my membership. I also informed them of the information I had received from Douglas (confirming it was a fingerprinting issue) and that there was no "Reconsider" option in my TTP, and asked if they could enable this.
  • I was then told that the information provided to be my Douglas was in error and that I needed to reach out to the "partner government" and that I would need to reach out to them to find out more information
  • I asked what they meant by "partner government" and to which agency I needed to reach out to.
  • The reply came, "As a citizen of the UK your application was processed through the UK portal." and then linked me to the following site (https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa) which just describes the process for applying for a UK Police Clearance as part of the Global Entry application process for UK citizens.
  • I replied, "I have been able administer my Global Entry application through the US government TTP portal. I have also been receiving my correspondence through that portal. There is no UK portal and I don't understand how the UK government has the ability to cancel a US immigration clearance."
  • I received the exact-same cookie-cutter text that I had previously received in my "Revocation Mail", stating that, "We regret to inform you that you no longer meet program eligibility requirements and your participation in the Global Entry program has been revoked."

On the 20th July 2023, I flew back into the US, arriving at Denver International Airport and spoke to a CBP officer in DIA and described my situation. They said they would get back to me via email. On the 9th August I received an email from Denver Global Entry saying that "The information presented to us is that the UK government revoked your membership, and they did not provide a reason for the revocation."

Again, I do not understand how can a foreign government revoke a US immigration related permit.

I have now have also received a "SSSS" on my boarding pass for my flight recent flight from Munich to Denver. I believe this is due to my revoked Global Entry status.

I've just opened a DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP) case, in the hope that at least one of these issues can be resolved.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 9:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Electr0
---
  • The reply came, "As a citizen of the UK your application was processed through the UK portal." and then linked me to the following site (https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa) which just describes the process for applying for a UK Police Clearance as part of the Global Entry application process for UK citizens.
---
On the 9th August I received an email from Denver Global Entry saying that "The information presented to us is that the UK government revoked your membership, and they did not provide a reason for the revocation."

Again, I do not understand how can a foreign government revoke a US immigration related permit.
As a UK citizen who does not reside in the US, you are supposed to first apply online with the GOV.UK, undergo a UK background check and obtain a "UK Access Code" before applying through the CBP website. Did you follow that procedure?

Please refer to the Global Entry for UK Citizens webpage, the UK.Gov Global Entry: apply for faster entry to the USA webpage and the following thread for additional information:Since you seem to be based in Germany, there may be useful information in the following thread:
Old Aug 10, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
As a UK citizen who does not reside in the US, you are supposed to first apply online with the GOV.UK, undergo a UK background check and obtain a "UK Access Code" before applying through the CBP website. Did you follow that procedure?
Yes, of course. The system won't allow you to move through the application process for GE in the TTP portal, as a UK citizen, without entering your "UK Access Code".
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriot Gold
Hi, I've had GE since 2018 and have recently submitted an application to renew GE. On the following business day, I received a notification saying that my application was denied because I do not meet the program's eligibility requirements. I cannot think of any reason as to why I would no longer be eligible for GE (aside from maybe an incorrect 9 digit ZIP code on my application).

Just like a lot of people on this thread, I can't seem to find a way to formally file an appeal on my TTP dashboard. Am I supposed to just send an email to what's listed on some of the travel blogs?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by wh333
Just like a lot of people on this thread, I can't seem to find a way to formally file an appeal on my TTP dashboard. Am I supposed to just send an email to what's listed on some of the travel blogs?
According to the CBP website, appeals must be submitted to the ombudsman through the TTP website:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.