Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Also, just to clarify, it's not TSA, which is the domestic/internal airport screening force in the United States, or TSA PreCheck, at YYZ. It's US Customs and Border Protection at Canadian preclearance facilities, and the CATSA (Canadian Air Transport Security Authority) Trusted Traveller fast lane/queue.
I could be wrong but I thought the officers were from CBP's Office of Field Operations, not from CBP's Border Patrol divison.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by iamflyer
I could be wrong but I thought the officers were from CBP's Office of Field Operations, not from CBP's Border Patrol divison.
Yeah, I removed the Border Patrol mention with an earlier edit.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Nope. GE cards are only for US citizens, US lawful permanent residents, and Mexican nationals.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...bal-entry/card
Here is the hiccup though: I am a permie and my address is a US one, but I cannot get a card unless I file to say that I have lost mine and need to pay for a replacement.

In other words, if you're native and get GE then you get the plastic no problemo, but if you're from foreign shores, get GE and then become permie/citizen then you have to fork out under the pretense of having lost something you never had in the first place.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:37 am

You should get it for free when you renew GE though
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by iamflyer
You should get it for free when you renew GE though
I'll let you know in a few years
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lolbert
I didn't get an answer but I paid the £42 again for the Access Number and have subsequently renewed on the TTP site for $100. This involves confirming existing information. The TTP site shows my application as "pending review". No idea how long this will take or whether I will be required to attend an interview in the US again.
I did get an answer, which is that we have to pay. So I did that, renewed, and two weeks later, I've been approved for another 5 years, without a further interview.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by tsg20
I did get an answer, which is that we have to pay. So I did that, renewed, and two weeks later, I've been approved for another 5 years, without a further interview.
Bugger that, I'll just turn up at appointment centre and deal with them directly. Or apply as if brand new with my LPR card.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Global Entry
Approval Email

Hi All,

How long did it take for you to receive the approval email after your interview?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by tommy9123
Hi All,

How long did it take for you to receive the approval email after your interview?
Welcome to FT! Usually happens very quickly: minutes is usually what is mentioned around here.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:31 pm
Original Member

Applied UK Border Force sat 10th feb
Approved mon 12th feb

applied TTP global entry mon 12th feb
conditional approval sun 25th feb

By luck, managed to get an interview today, 26th feb and got approved !16 days from application to approval.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:17 am
TMC

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
That's pretty impressive on the interview. Our processing times are almost identical.
UK Citizen:
Applied UK Border Force Tuesday 13th February
Approved Wednesday 14th February

Applied TTP Global Entry Tuesday 13th February
Conditional Approval Tuesday 27th February

I'm not in London so have booked an interview for April 4th when I know I'll be around. There is currently availability every working day in April.

I've also seen that as of February 24th, you can complete your enrollment on arrival at participating airports which would have been a useful option for me had there been nothing in London. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Member

I was not expecting to get an interview whilst in the USA this week and was planning to do enrolment on arrival in a couple of months at Philadelphia.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Anyone know if you're all good if you're a brit citizen but living abroad currently long term?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by hodi
Anyone know if you're all good if you're a brit citizen but living abroad currently long term?
You're 'all good'. There is no residence requirement, only a citizenship requirement.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-who-can-apply

https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

More information about UK citizens and Global Entry is in this thread in the USA subforum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1492972-uk-joining-global-entry-program-merged-threads.html
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:36 am

You have to apply to Home Office to get a code first. Living abroad long term may trip up their checks into you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.