Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: UAL, Alaska, Delta
flying US to UK via Amsterdam

Will this work when we land in Amsterdam? It's non-stop PDX to AMS and then a hopper to HUY. Have heard AMS is now very slow and concerned about making our connection. A friend who recently took this flight said if you didn't have an EU passport they were understaffed and very slow.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:11 pm

No, but you shouldn't need to clear passport control in AMS anyways because you will not be entering the Schengen area.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
The UK expedited entry scheme doesn't seem to be available at HUY so it would do you no good and the LHR Fast Track immigration lane is not available to UK nationals. So trying the UK manual line seems to be the best bet in either place.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by celticgirl
This thread seems to be for entry into the US. I'm looking to Fast Track into UK. My husband and I live in the US. He has his greencard and UK born passport. I have only US passport. In lieu of getting separated at customs will the UK FastTrack system make my life easier. We will be going at least annually US to UK to visit family.
Any help appreciated.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: UAL, Alaska, Delta
Thumbs up

Thank you all. Your answers have been very helpful. I didn't recall going through customs in Amsterdam and your response clarifies this. HUY being a smaller airport is really not a problem.

I did wonder about the Registered Traveller Scheme but it is rather confusing. It may be just the answer when we retire and want to divide our time between both home countries.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
i'm a UK citizen and i'm up to 2 weeks now. I'll keep you informed!

any recent application stories?

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 24, 2017 at 10:46 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member for readability
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
UK citizen. took about 2 weeks for conditional approval. appointment scheduled at jfk in September.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
CBP Launches Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Has the press release linked below been discussed anywhere on FT yet?

The basic summary is that if you have applied for Global Entry and need to book an interview, you can instead complete this as part of your CBP entry at the 5 listed airports - thus you don't need to book a specific appointment, just get in the relevant queue that can deal with it and get it all sorted at once.

Certainly saves a bit of hassle if it fits with your travel plans!

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-international
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Foltan
Has the press release linked below been discussed anywhere on FT yet?

The basic summary is that if you have applied for Global Entry and need to book an interview, you can instead complete this as part of your CBP entry at the 5 listed airports - thus you don't need to book a specific appointment, just get in the relevant queue that can deal with it and get it all sorted at once.

Certainly saves a bit of hassle if it fits with your travel plans!

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-international
Yes, in the Trusted Travelers forum:
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Ah OK then, thank you!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:19 am

Hi. Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this, and I'm not really sure if it's an ESTA or Global Entry question.

I have dual nationality: British & Irish. I only received my Irish passport recently. I also have Global Entry on my British passport, and an ESTA for travel to the US.

If I went to Iran on my Irish passport, I gather that this would exempt me from getting an ESTA, even on my British passport, in future. I would need a visa. However, would this also invalidate my Global Entry? Or would that continue to work if I got a visa?

Or would I just be able to keep getting an ESTA on my British passport and everything would be fine, as the Iran visa would be in my Irish passport?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Originally Posted by cooksey87
Hi. Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this, and I'm not really sure if it's an ESTA or Global Entry question.

I have dual nationality: British & Irish. I only received my Irish passport recently. I also have Global Entry on my British passport, and an ESTA for travel to the US.

If I went to Iran on my Irish passport, I gather that this would exempt me from getting an ESTA, even on my British passport, in future. I would need a visa. However, would this also invalidate my Global Entry? Or would that continue to work if I got a visa?

Or would I just be able to keep getting an ESTA on my British passport and everything would be fine, as the Iran visa would be in my Irish passport?
Using multiple passports won't work as you're still the same person. Visit Iran on any passport and you'll lose your VWP privileges.

However, I've seen discussion (although nothing substantial) about GE sometimes allowing you to retain VWP privileges in certain situations when visiting such countries.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Skatering
Using multiple passports won't work as you're still the same person. Visit Iran on any passport and you'll lose your VWP privileges.

However, I've seen discussion (although nothing substantial) about GE sometimes allowing you to retain VWP privileges in certain situations when visiting such countries.
Hmm, thanks. I might just risk it. Getting a US visa isn't the end of the world, but I don't want to lose GE/TSA precheck...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Skatering

This. It's somewhere on the CBP website that the majority of GE members are exempt from losing visa waiver priveledges when visiting the affected countries. You will need to re-apply for an esta, saying yes you have visited those countries though.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by reclusive46
This. It's somewhere on the CBP website that the majority of GE members are exempt from losing visa waiver priveledges when visiting the affected countries. You will need to re-apply for an esta, saying yes you have visited those countries though.
I would live a firm cite for that, because it'd be a game-changer for me - but I've not seen anything on the CBP website along those lines.

I do believe that if you get a visa, you can head to a registration centre and revalidate your GE though without having to reapply.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.