Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Anybody got an answer yet?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by techie
Anybody got an answer yet?
I didn't get an answer but I paid the £42 again for the Access Number and have subsequently renewed on the TTP site for $100. This involves confirming existing information. The TTP site shows my application as "pending review". No idea how long this will take or whether I will be required to attend an interview in the US again.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
It said that the average wait for an answer was 14 working days, so I don't expect to hear anything for a while.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
I might have some time to kill at Dulles airport today, so might go down to the interview office and ask. They might not know about the back-end stuff, but it doesn't hurt to enquire.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:28 pm

Where to enter my UK Access Code on the Trusted Traveler site?

Hi - has anyone tried to enter their UK Access Code on the Trusted Traveler site? This is my first time applying and I've received mine from the UK Border Force and been searching online about where to include this in my Global Entry appllication, but not found anything. All the instructions online refer to the old GOES site that no longer exists. Perhaps I don't need it until my interview? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Rebecca Johnson; Jan 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rebecca Johnson
Hi - has anyone tried to enter their UK Access Code on the Trusted Traveler site? This is my first time applying and I've received mine from the UK Border Force and been searching online about where to include this in my Global Entry appllication, but not found anything. All the instructions online refer to the old GOES site that no longer exists. Perhaps I don't need it until my interview? Any help appreciated, thanks!
Welcome to FT! If it accepts your application without asking for a code, just submit it and see what happens. If the website does not have anywhere for you to enter it, they can't blame you for not doing so. But I would still keep a record of it in case they ask further down the road.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Mine was super fast!

UK border force cleared me within 24 hours (Received 9th Jan)

Filled out GE application on 9th January itself and received conditional approval today 18th January.

Took a total of just 9 days! I have traveled to the US recently so I wonder if that caused my application to go through quicker.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Is it possible for a UK citizen with Global Entry to obtain a physical GE card? Without it, it's not possible to enter the trusted traveler (GE/Nexus) security lane at Toronto T3 traveling on AA.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:08 pm

As far as I know, no there is not.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by iamflyer
As far as I know, no there is not.
Ok. That's what I thought. Bit of a shame that it's required in order to access the GE line in YYZ.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Ok. That's what I thought. Bit of a shame that it's required in order to access the GE line in YYZ.
I went through T3 at Toronto in December and could use GE no problem without any card, has this changed?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by nick.t.davies
I went through T3 at Toronto in December and could use GE no problem without any card, has this changed?
All three staff at T3 TSA agreed that it was not possible to enter the GE 'trusted traveler' security line without a physical GE card. It's still possible to use the GE machines once you get through security. It meant we were not able to use the TSA Pre facilities and had to queue up for longer and go through the old fashioned rigmarole.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:36 am

All three staff at T3 TSA agreed that it was not possible to enter the GE 'trusted traveler' security line without a physical GE card. It's still possible to use the GE machines once you get through security. It meant we were not able to use the TSA Pre facilities and had to queue up for longer and go through the old fashioned rigmarole.
I've had that argument myself a number of times - I normally get past it by producing my approval. I've been told the issue is that without the card - they don't know the validity dates - so I pointed out you know it's 5 years from point of approval and here's my approval date ...

However, last time I did that - I got past by being annoying and persistent (took less time than standing in the huge queue), while I was stood in the queue to go through the scanner - I heard someone else behind me fail to get through doing the same thing.

The very last time I went through T3 - the main security queue was empty, so I chose not to fight.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Had a similar issue at YVR. I showed them my CBP sticker - and it worked OK. I subsequently emailed the airport who admitted it was wrong.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:28 pm

Is it possible for a UK citizen with Global Entry to obtain a physical GE card? Without it, it's not possible to enter the trusted traveler (GE/Nexus) security lane at Toronto T3 traveling on AA.
Nope. GE cards are only for US citizens, US lawful permanent residents, and Mexican nationals.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...bal-entry/card

Is there a possibility any of your British parents or grandparents were physically present in Canada on January 1, 1947, or married to / born to / naturalized as a Canadian citizen? You might be a citizen without even knowing it.

Also, just to clarify, it's not TSA, which is the domestic/internal airport screening force in the United States, or TSA PreCheck, at YYZ. It's US Customs and Border Protection at Canadian preclearance facilities, and the CATSA (Canadian Air Transport Security Authority) Trusted Traveller fast lane or "special express line".

There's a great deal of discussion on the problems of Global Entry members using the CATSA fast lane without a Global Entry card in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...ntry-card.html

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Feb 5, 2018 at 6:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.