Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:39 am

I applied to UK Border Force on 23 September 2017.

UK Border Force approval/code received 25 September 2017.

Applied for Global Entry through GOES on 25 September 2017.

Received Conditional Approval on 10 October 2017.

18 calendar days from initial application to Conditional Approval.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Some more airlines joined GE scheme recently, but BA remains a hold-out to the detriment of us Brits
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone renewed their global entry status as a UK citizen? I originally applied back in 2013, when I got a "promotional code" by emailing Larry Panetta. I'm now eligible for renewal, but when I go to the website, it says:

"This requires the UK Access Code provided to you by Border Force in the United Kingdom following completion of the Register to Apply for US Global Entry service form on www.gov.uk.

Note: You cannot apply for the US Global Entry Program unless you have a UK Access Code."

Googling for this, I found: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...united-kingdom

so I'm guessing I have to pay £42 to the UK before I can renew in the US - is that right? Has anyone else been through this already? I'm pretty sure that this UK access code didn't exist back when I first got Global Entry, it was just a question of applying for a background check and sending the certificate off to the US side.

Last edited by tsg20; Jan 7, 2018 at 9:07 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For those of us with an active GE account just a reminder that you need to re-register on the new trusted traveler website. I did it a month or so ago and all worked out fine. There are a few steps but the points guy has done a nice guide to help you through it:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/new...entry-website/
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tsg20
Has anyone renewed their global entry status as a UK citizen? I originally applied back in 2013, when I got a "promotional code" by emailing Larry Panetta. I'm now eligible for renewal, but when I go to the website, it says:

"This requires the UK Access Code provided to you by Border Force in the United Kingdom following completion of the Register to Apply for US Global Entry service form on www.gov.uk.

Note: You cannot apply for the US Global Entry Program unless you have a UK Access Code."

Googling for this, I found: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...united-kingdom

so I'm guessing I have to pay £42 to the UK before I can renew in the US - is that right? Has anyone else been through this already? I'm pretty sure that this UK access code didn't exist back when I first got Global Entry, it was just a question of applying for a background check and sending the certificate off to the US side.
Can you provide a screenshot of what the new TTP website shows you for your membership?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by KARFA
For those of us with an active GE account just a reminder that you need to re-register on the new trusted traveler website. I did it a month or so ago and all worked out fine. There are a few steps but the points guy has done a nice guide to help you through it:

Thanks. That was a useful tip. That requirement had passed me by,
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by tsg20

I'm in the same position so I'm interested to know if you've resolved this. My membership expires within the next 6 months so I need to renew. I do recall that when I first applied that I got an invitation code from BA but I'm not sure that this is still the case.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
I'm in the same position so I'm interested to know if you've resolved this. My membership expires within the next 6 months so I need to renew. I do recall that when I first applied that I got an invitation code from BA but I'm not sure that this is still the case.
Having done a little research I was unable to divine whether there is an alternative to paying the £42 fee again. Given this, I bit the bullet and completed the form for the UK check and paid the £42.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:55 am

Guys, have you re-registered on the new TTP website? If yes, what does it say with respect to your renewal? My understanding that the UK fee is a one-off to get your foot in the door. Once you're in the club, as far as I know. you can renew without having to jump through the same hoops again (maybe a visit to one of the interview centres, at most). What you are talking about sounds a lot like re-applying and that shouldn't be required.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...try-membership
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by techie
Guys, have you re-registered on the new TTP website? If yes, what does it say with respect to your renewal? My understanding that the UK fee is a one-off to get your foot in the door. Once you're in the club, as far as I know. you can renew without having to jump through the same hoops again (maybe a visit to one of the interview centres, at most). What you are talking about sounds a lot like re-applying and that shouldn't be required.
Yes, on the TTP website, after clicking membership renewal it asks you for the UK access code. Very unhelpfully there is no one to call or email on the website.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Just says we can't apply to renew until May 2021 in my case.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Yes, on the TTP website, after clicking membership renewal it asks you for the UK access code. Very unhelpfully there is no one to call or email on the website.
There is > https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask Make sure you select Global Entry from the topic drop-down.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:22 am

There is > https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask Make sure you select Global Entry from the topic drop-down.
Thanks for pointing this out. I have asked the question!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, mine did the same thing - shows that I'm eligible for renewal, but when I click, it asks for the UK government number. I'll also try asking a question.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KARFA

Thanks, KARFA - I hadn't realised they'd made this change. All re-registered via Login.gov/TTP now. Will be interested how the folks get on that have logged queries regarding renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.