FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:48 am
Lolbert

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by tsg20
Has anyone renewed their global entry status as a UK citizen? I originally applied back in 2013, when I got a "promotional code" by emailing Larry Panetta. I'm now eligible for renewal, but when I go to the website, it says:

"This requires the UK Access Code provided to you by Border Force in the United Kingdom following completion of the Register to Apply for US Global Entry service form on www.gov.uk.

Note: You cannot apply for the US Global Entry Program unless you have a UK Access Code."

Googling for this, I found: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...united-kingdom

so I'm guessing I have to pay £42 to the UK before I can renew in the US - is that right? Has anyone else been through this already? I'm pretty sure that this UK access code didn't exist back when I first got Global Entry, it was just a question of applying for a background check and sending the certificate off to the US side.
I'm in the same position so I'm interested to know if you've resolved this. My membership expires within the next 6 months so I need to renew. I do recall that when I first applied that I got an invitation code from BA but I'm not sure that this is still the case.