Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:01 am

Thank you for the info and quick reply

I might have missed something but my concern is that Enrollment on Arrival will not be available on Thanksgiving as it is a holiday
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Lindsk
Thank you for the info and quick reply

I might have missed something but my concern is that Enrollment on Arrival will not be available on Thanksgiving as it is a holiday
The Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted by the same CBP officers who perform the admissibility inspections. If the airport is open for international arrivals, they will be there. According to the CBP's website, at MCO, the hours of operation for these interviews at are 6:00 am to midnight; no exception for holidays is listed.

[moderator's hat on]

Any further discussion of this topic should take place in the thread which is linked above.

[moderator's hat off]
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:47 am

ok thank you, understood :-)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Any advice welcome, I applied on 7th October with a UK passport, I now have a trip to JFK on Monday, Anyway I could do my interview at JFK? Up above Ive seen people contacting them, Where is the contact info?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Any advice welcome, I applied on 7th October with a UK passport, I now have a trip to JFK on Monday, Anyway I could do my interview at JFK? Up above Ive seen people contacting them, Where is the contact info?
Have you had your conditional approval come through?

Without that you won't get any sort of interview either pre arranged or on arrival.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

No its still pending Oh well maybe for next time.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:32 am

I applied to the US on 31 July. I eventually received Conditional Approval on 1 November!!! I am hoping for an interview on arrival at MCO next week, but have scheduled a back up appointment for the day of my flight home.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:08 am

Anyone have any idea on what the current wait time is for UK citizens? My partner applied on 10/10 and is still pending. I applied on the 4/11 but I have got dual Irish/British citizenship so I am expecting mine will take a lot longer.... we're heading to the US over Christmas so would be great what the chances are of being approved by then?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:04 pm

🤷🏻.♀️

Originally Posted by SD75
Anyone have any idea on what the current wait time is for UK citizens? My partner applied on 10/10 and is still pending. I applied on the 4/11 but I have got dual Irish/British citizenship so I am expecting mine will take a lot longer.... we're heading to the US over Christmas so would be great what the chances are of being approved by then?
Also a dual British/Irish national here - submitted my application with TTP on 11th Oct and still nothing. Also a US visa holder residing in NY so not sure if this has all thrown a spanner in the works. I’m beginning to lose the hope of it being sorted for Christmas travel!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soundpiercing
Also a US visa holder residing in NY so not sure if this has all thrown a spanner in the works.
What type of visa? That may make a difference.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:05 pm

L1-A. I thought it was going to be easier to do from the US but maybe I’ve just made things more difficult for myself.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by soundpiercing
L1-A. I thought it was going to be easier to do from the US but maybe I’ve just made things more difficult for myself.
The only thread that I can find discussing L1 Visas discusses the use of the GE kiosks, not the application process or timelines.
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Have you had your conditional approval come through?

Without that you won't get any sort of interview either pre arranged or on arrival.
No its still pending Oh well maybe for next time.
Annoyingly it came through 2 days after my trip started while I was in USA. I just didn't check while away.

Now I see no interviews available in London. When do they release more interviews?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Still waiting for my initial conditional approval... Getting worried cos I have a week long trip to the US planned in January and my window of opportunity for interviews is slimming day by day.

UK Application Oct 21
UK Approval Oct 22
US Application Oct 22

Any words of advice for me or is there a way to contact someone at CBP ? If I get approved right before I arrive could still do EoA at LAX ? I do have a long list of countries visited but the majority of them are EU countries so I don't know if that's a factor ?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:15 am

Hi folks,

I thought my time for renewal would be up, but I appear to have 'gained' an extra year to my GE membership I originally applied via Larry Panetta's promotional code in December 2013, receiving conditional approval in January 2014, and completing the interview in April 2014.

After creating my account on the new TTP website it says I have an Expiration Date of March 2020, and cannot renew my membership until March 2019. Has any of the other early adopters come across this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.