Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:33 am

I have GE already.
Applied for Nexus in mid-August.

Do I have to go through an interview in the US again if I already have GE? Is there one in Canada? Anyone know if it takes the same amount of time?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Azabu9083
I have GE already.
Applied for Nexus in mid-August.

Do I have to go through an interview in the US again if I already have GE? Is there one in Canada? Anyone know if it takes the same amount of time?
You have to be interviewed by a CBSA agent at a Nexus enrollment site. They mostly in Canada, but there are some in the US (along the US/CAN border). CBP and CBSA work side-by-side so if CBP needs to ask you something, they'll be right there.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by dustman81
You have to be interviewed by a CBSA agent at a Nexus enrollment site. They mostly in Canada, but there are some in the US (along the US/CAN border). CBP and CBSA work side-by-side so if CBP needs to ask you something, they'll be right there.
Thank you.

As a data point, I just got conditional approval (again, application in mid-august).

Looks like CBSA interviews are really stuffed up, earliest ones are December.
Anyone had luck with constantly checking for earlier cancellations, or even just dropping by the office when you land in airports and seeing if they will take you?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by nataxa68
Hmm...

Justen: submitted July 5th, approved August 20th
Digag: submitted July 9th, conditionally approved August 20th
Townshend: submitted July 10th, conditionally approved August 22nd

I'm starting to feel left out!!

Finally, a month after Justen, Digag and Townshend, the four members of my family got "conditionally approved" today.

So:
- Submitted on July 10th.
- Conditionally approved on September 20th.

BTW: when I called the NEXUS office after eight weeks, the guy told me that we had been ok'd by the US side on August 21st.

When I checked for an appointment (for me only), the first available date was September 27th in Champlain, or December 17th at Trudeau.
Since September 27th was no good, I took the next available date: October 24th in Champlain.

But, a few hours later, I logged back in and there was a cancellation for September 30th at Trudeau. I, of course, took it!

Nat.

Last edited by nataxa68; Sep 20, 2013 at 11:55 am
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Talking

Originally Posted by nataxa68
Finally, a month after Justen, Digag and Townshend, the four members of my family got "conditionally approved" today.

So:
- Submitted on July 10th.
- Conditionally approved on September 20th.

BTW: when I called the NEXUS office after eight weeks, the guy told me that we had been ok'd by the US side on August 21st.

When I checked for an appointment (for me only), the first available date was September 27th in Champlain, or December 17th at Trudeau.
Since September 27th was no good, I took the next available date: October 24th in Champlain.

But, a few hours later, I logged back in and there was a cancellation for September 30th at Trudeau. I, of course, took it!

Nat.
thank you Nat! you saved me big time - I also had my appointment set for November 14th at Trudeau, so I logged in today and found a slot for Sept 26th which I immediately confirmed - in other words it is always better to check for earlier dates by logging in a couple of times daily. Good luck!!^
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:53 am
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Here's my timeline:

Applied: 07 July 13
Conditionally Approved: 30 Aug 13
Interview Scheduled: Halifax YHZ 21 Sep 13 11:20 AM
Full Approval: 21 Sep 13 12:30 PM
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Status

Applied Aug 25 still says pending.

Im guessing this means I was probably approved on the US side and its still pending for Canadian approval. (since Canada is the one thats back logged)

Any information appreciated.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:07 am

Hi there, here's my timeline (Montreal, Canada area):

July 15: Applications (for both of my partner & I)
September 24: Conditional approval (10 weeks), again for both.
November 5: Interview scheduled: @ Champlain NY (Montreal was only available as of Dec 27th)

So it appears eastern Canada/Montreal applications do take longer than the west coast.
I'll keep an eye on cancellations!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by leopard177
Hi there, here's my timeline (Montreal, Canada area):

July 15: Applications (for both of my partner & I)
September 24: Conditional approval (10 weeks), again for both.
November 5: Interview scheduled: @ Champlain NY (Montreal was only available as of Dec 27th)

So it appears eastern Canada/Montreal applications do take longer than the west coast.
I'll keep an eye on cancellations!
I highly recommend that you keep an eye on cancelations as frequent as possible. my original interview was scheduled for Nov 14th in Montreal but eventually found a slot for Sept 26th. Big improvement !! Good luck
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by nexus52
I highly recommend that you keep an eye on cancelations as frequent as possible. my original interview was scheduled for Nov 14th in Montreal but eventually found a slot for Sept 26th. Big improvement !! Good luck
Will do! Good luck for tomorrow ^
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by leopard177
Will do! Good luck for tomorrow ^
interview went very well this early morning in Montreal- received e-mail confirmation that I will receive my new Nexus card within short valid till 2019
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:10 pm

I was able to grab a last minute spot next Monday at Montreal airport - much closer to home!!

The only thing is that is two days before my birthday, so I hope the card won't be issued immediately so I can get almost 6 years of validity instead of five (I understand the card expires 5 years after your following birthday.)
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Family of 5 applied on Aug 17, approved Sep 12 (!!). Scheduled interviews the following week for February in Blaine, WA. Now 3 of the 5 accounts show that they don't exist, and can't find them via the 'forgot login' link either.

This looks like it's going to be a mess. Already e-mailed cbp.goes.support.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by jaw_24
Family of 5 applied on Aug 17, approved Sep 12 (!!). Scheduled interviews the following week for February in Blaine, WA. Now 3 of the 5 accounts show that they don't exist, and can't find them via the 'forgot login' link either.

This looks like it's going to be a mess. Already e-mailed cbp.goes.support.
I went for my interview today at Montreal Airport. Done the Canadian side of things, however since this afternoon, the US system/database is down therefore they could not complete the process and I had to be rescheduled to come back for the US part.

This may be why you can't find your applications in the system. It's probably a question of a few hours before it gets back on track.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:40 am

So, here is my final timeline:
- Application submitted on GOES on July 10th.
- "Conditional Approval Notification" on September 20th.
- Interview at YUL on October 1st.
- "Approval Notification" on October 1st.
- Card received on October 7th.

Nat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.