Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:24 pm

Veroxd28: You were so right! We got notice of our conditional approval while on our Galapagos cruise, and I was able to make appointments in Miami during our layover there on August 26th. I knew that airport had a lot of availability, whereas our local ones had either no availability or first appointment next February. The team in Miami was great, and we are all set now. Thanks for the info, think you brought us good luck!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:25 pm

I called today and was also told that as of last Thursday, they will not “escalate applications” until after 6 months have passed.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Ugh. This is not sounding good for hubby.

We applied 8/11. I was approved and interviewed within a week. He's still waiting for CA and we have a trip coming up in six weeks. Can't wait to stand in the two hour line.
You can use mobile passport app at the mean time, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prac...ntrol-app.html
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You can use mobile passport app at the mean time, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prac...ntrol-app.html
Yes I know. But we lose out because we both won't have the TSA pre-check that comes with GE for our departure.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Yes I know. But we lose out because we both won't have the TSA pre-check that comes with GE for our departure.
True. Tell all of your friends and relatives to apply for NEXUS or Global Entry ASAP, do not wait. Many credit card companies reimburse Global Entry Enrollment fee.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Da5id
I applied May 20 and am still pending review. My wife applied the same day and was CA after a few days. Is there a certain period that she has to obtain the interview or can she just wait until I get CA? We don't live near an interviewing location and were planning to do our interview on a arrival on an upcoming trip.
You have up to a year from the date of the conditional approval to complete the enrollment interview.
Da5id likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:13 pm

I had my interview this afternoon and my picture and fingerprints were taken. The officer said I would be receiving my card in the mail in two weeks. But when I checked online, my status hasn't updated to having done the interview. I have read some that folks' status updated to approve same day as the interview. I'll wait until next week to see if it will update. But if it doesn't then do I call the location I went to? While I was in the waiting room, I overheard a few people in there saying that when they tried calling they would only get a voicemail and no one returns their call.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:32 am

Applied 12 May 2019, CA received 14 September 2019. I did receive an email notification of a status change.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by lvgrl
I had my interview this afternoon and my picture and fingerprints were taken. The officer said I would be receiving my card in the mail in two weeks. But when I checked online, my status hasn't updated to having done the interview. I have read some that folks' status updated to approve same day as the interview. I'll wait until next week to see if it will update. But if it doesn't then do I call the location I went to? While I was in the waiting room, I overheard a few people in there saying that when they tried calling they would only get a voicemail and no one returns their call.
Please refer to this thread where this exact question (and solutions) is extensively discussed:

Global Entry application is still "Conditionally Approved" after interview
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta
Quick conditional approval

Application: 10 Sep 2019
Conditional Approval: 14 Sep 2019
Next avail interview in NYC area: JFK 17 Sep; Lower Manhattan 17 Nov.

Of course, will use Enrollment on Arrival as next trip is in mid-October.

Yay! Quicker than anticipated given what's been said in this thread.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:38 am

So my SO applied on 09/10 along with two minors for an Asian trip in December. Both minors were conditionally approved on 09/14 while she's still pending. Not helpful if she can't get GE on the return. I guess Mobile Passport will be our backup. FYI I have GE,

Everyone is a US Citizen.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:51 pm

Global entry

Applied for me, spouse and 1yr old on 5/11 Me and spouse are LPR and child is US citizen. Escalated after 105 days for all three.

After 125 days got status change email, CA on 9/16 for spouse and child, still waiting on my application.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:50 pm

Would like to chime in for data collection.

Applied: 5/12
CA: 9/16 (127 days)

Question: I am coming back from an international trip in October, can I schedule an interview and still go for a walk-in interview when I get back from the trip despite being scheduled for a later date? JFK only has dates past the day when I come back from the trip.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:12 pm

Appears no rhyme or reason. Was visiting son over July 4th and he was filling out his application. He is a mechanic and engineer for an airline. I would call him a "trusted traveler", considering the access he has to all parts of an aircraft. If you can't trust him, who can you trust?

His status is still "pending review". So who gets the quick approval?? I just seems random. Not even 1st come 1st served.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:04 pm

Adding a data point here. I am a US citizen who has once before and now again currently lives outside of the country (The Netherlands), has traveled to over 13 countries within the past 5 years, and has had 4 address changes in the last three years.

Applied: 9/12
CA: 9/17 (5 days)

I am counting myself as extremely lucky! I thought for sure especially with my circumstances that I would be one of those with a long wait. I guess this really shows that the longer/shorter wait times are completely random.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.