Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by D1c

what date did you apply?
Applied around Jan 16, 2019.
Conditonal Approved around March 27, 2019

Didnt receive email notification on approval.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:17 am

Conditionally approved

Applied Jan 18, Conditionally approved today March 29th. Scheduled interview for Monday April 1st in Long Beach. If you're in LA and need an to schedule an interview Long. Each is your place, they have tons of slots open.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:01 am

Hoping for some FT luck by posting! Also wanted to share for the stats

Husband and I applied Feb 25. I was conditionally approved on Mar 5 (8 days). Husband is still waiting. We don't travel again until June, but have to drive about 2 hours to nearest interview spot. Looking like 70 days is the mark these days. Will update when husband gets CA!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, United
I am wondering if there is some sort of glitch in the matrix re: my Global Entry application (Amex Platinum benefit).

I applied for GE on 10/29/18, and roughly once a month all I've received are automated e-mails about having my GE interview at one of several airports when landing on an international trip. I've never been contacted about having an interview at a Customs office.

I'm flying to Europe tomorrow so I guess I'll just do my interview when I return, but I would have much rather gotten it done the past 5 months at a Customs office, so that I could have used Global Entry upon my return to the States.

Just wondering if I missed something here?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
I am wondering if there is some sort of glitch in the matrix re: my Global Entry application (Amex Platinum benefit).

I applied for GE on 10/29/18, and roughly once a month all I've received are automated e-mails about having my GE interview at one of several airports when landing on an international trip. I've never been contacted about having an interview at a Customs office.

I'm flying to Europe tomorrow so I guess I'll just do my interview when I return, but I would have much rather gotten it done the past 5 months at a Customs office, so that I could have used Global Entry upon my return to the States.

Just wondering if I missed something here?
I never received an email regarding a status change. I believe you have to login to the application to view the status and to schedule an appointment. I think it actually tells you there will not be any other notification other than checking the site.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:44 pm

This thread has been a great help so wanted to throw my experience in and the 67-75 day theory holds. I applied on January 21st and got conditional approval today. My girlfriend applied in February and was approved in 8 days
Amy Beals Bonjour likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Thanks, this was good advice. I called the GE center (BWI) and it goes straight to VM and the mailbox is full. I tried calling a couple other local enrollment centers and an officer at IAD answered right away and was super helpful. He looked up her account and saw it needed supervisor approval to waive the fingerprint requirement (for a small child), and he was going to contact someone at BWI to look into it.

Apparently once an officer enters information into the system during the interview only the same GE center can finalize approval. Hopefully this will work out soon, but if not I have a flight from BWI next week so I can stop by the center in person to follow-up.
So it's now been over 2 weeks since the interview and still stuck on "conditional approval". Apparently I'm still awaiting a supervisor approval to waive the fingerprint requirement, and it's been over a week since the promise of 24-48 hours for final approval. Is it typically this difficult to enroll children? I stopped by the center in person on Friday and just got the run-around ("they'll get to it when they get to it"). Any idea how long this can go on? Is there anything more I can do?

I was hoping to use this next week and I wouldn't have signed up if I knew there was a risk of getting stuck in limbo this long.

Has anyone been successful doing a second interview (at a different location) when the first one is stuck like this?

Last edited by Billy Mumphrey; Apr 1, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Has anyone been successful doing a second interview (at a different location) when the first one is stuck like this?
Only your original interview location can resolve the application that is "stuck".

You can also try reaching out to DHS for help; Here's how, from the TTP "Need Help?" page:
Get Help On-line
Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:49 pm

Just signed up for this site. It's helpful to know we're not the only ones who are concerned about how long it takes for Global Entry to be approved!
My husband and I applied for it Feb. 16 and it was just a few days ago, that we checked our Trusted Traveler "dashboards" and he found that his had been conditionally approved. We actually don't know when his status was changed to that, since we haven't checked our "dashboards" in weeks.
He was able to schedule an interview at our local airport for mid-May.
My conditional approval, unfortunately, is still "pending review".
It's both encouraging and discouraging to read all the posts here and realize that "conditional approval" seems to be very helter-skelter. I saw a “Trip Astute” video on youtube with some tips on getting Global Entry. They said keep checking back on interview dates because earlier ones often open up and you can RESCHEDULE your interview to an earlier date. (Be sure to RESCHEDULE your interview. Don't “CANCEL.")
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Applied January 26.

Still waiting......
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I was just wondering. Can you receive the conditional approval any time of the 24 hours in a day and any of the seven days in a week?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I was just wondering. Can you receive the conditional approval any time of the 24 hours in a day and any of the seven days in a week?
Absolutely yes to the seven days in a week part, but most likely during operating hours of whichever CBP site is reviewing your application.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by sleuth
Applied January 26.

Still waiting......
My husband applied Jan. 25. Still waiting. Hopefully it's going to come through later this week. I applied the same day and was conditionally approved within a few days.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kalbo
You are on day 64 if the others are right your approval could possibly come between day 70 to 80. I am just using the model of 70-day approval other people have experienced after going past the two-week window.
You were right! Just logged in an saw that I was conditionally approved. 69 days total. Got an appointment for an interview tomorrow at McCarren here in Las Vegas. Their scheduler is fully booked on the weekends and wide open during the weekdays.
Kalbo and Amy Beals Bonjour like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by nocmoc
Just signed up for this site. It's helpful to know we're not the only ones who are concerned about how long it takes for Global Entry to be approved!
My husband and I applied for it Feb. 16 and it was just a few days ago, that we checked our Trusted Traveler "dashboards" and he found that his had been conditionally approved. We actually don't know when his status was changed to that, since we haven't checked our "dashboards" in weeks.
He was able to schedule an interview at our local airport for mid-May.
My conditional approval, unfortunately, is still "pending review".
It's both encouraging and discouraging to read all the posts here and realize that "conditional approval" seems to be very helter-skelter. I saw a “Trip Astute” video on youtube with some tips on getting Global Entry. They said keep checking back on interview dates because earlier ones often open up and you can RESCHEDULE your interview to an earlier date. (Be sure to RESCHEDULE your interview. Don't “CANCEL.")
Welcome to FT. Best time to check for cancellation is when your desired enrollment center is open. Checking meaning doing a new search several times a day.

Good luck in your search.
nocmoc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.