Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by junaid0110
Applied 03/13/2019
waiting for Conditional Approval hopefully i'll get it soon.
Unless something dramatic happens, recent history suggests that you'll get conditional approval within a couple of weeks of your application/payment or it will take much longer, For the latter, recent reports on the forum have been in the 67-72 days range. No one has posted any info here recently about getting approval in the gap between those two ranges.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:53 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by peter h
Unless something dramatic happens, recent history suggests that you'll get conditional approval within a couple of weeks of your application/payment or it will take much longer, For the latter, recent reports on the forum have been in the 67-72 days range. No one has posted any info here recently about getting approval in the gap between those two ranges.
by your calculations, I should be approved by 4/1-4/4 so I hope you are correct.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by D1c

by your calculations, I should be approved by 4/1-4/4 so I hope you are correct.
It's not a calculation - just a record of what has been posted on FT.

However, my 'research' has been driven by my own circumstances - applied on Feb 8th and an opportunity for enrollment on entry at JFK on Apr 19th - so, just 70 days!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:38 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by peter h
It's not a calculation - just a record of what has been posted on FT.

However, my 'research' has been driven by my own circumstances - applied on Feb 8th and an opportunity for enrollment on entry at JFK on Apr 19th - so, just 70 days!
i hope it works out for you.
peter h likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:08 am

I'm wondering if DOB has any impact on how long it takes to receive conditional approval. My husband and I both applied at the same time on the same day (January 25, 2019). I was conditionally approved within a few days and have already had my interview and was approved. He is still waiting on conditional approval. His birthdate is 3 months after mine. I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed any correlation between the two.

Last edited by Amy Beals Bonjour; Mar 24, 2019 at 12:14 am Reason: Adjust my post
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:41 am
D1c

Originally Posted by Amy Beals Bonjour
I'm wondering if DOB has any impact on how long it takes to receive conditional approval. My husband and I both applied at the same time on the same day (January 25, 2019). I was conditionally approved within a few days and have already had my interview and was approved. He is still waiting on conditional approval. His birthdate is 3 months after mine. I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed any correlation between the two.

i dont think it does. I applied on 1/25 and I still waiting. Wife applied in feb and she scheduled her interview already. My birthday is 3 months before hers. I don’t know what system or criteria they are using. It’s ridiculous.
Amy Beals Bonjour likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
My wife and I applied on March 22. Expecting conditional approval any day now.

Originally Posted by Harley0711
Up Date on my interview.

to back up just a bit

applied with wife on Nov 17

hers was conditional aproved a week later - had her interview (scheduled) in Las Vegas during a visit there on Dec 18.

I Finally got Condition approval on Feb 8, really No available app at SFO anytime in the near future.

Took a chance and drove to SFO (80 miles) arrived for the 'walk in line'

within 5 min , officer came out and took my name.

within 15 min, got interview which lasted mabe 5 mins

Approved - Good to go.

Great experence overall
So you just walk in from the street and go to walk-in line at the international terminal? I may give that a try when the time comes.

Last edited by vanillabean; Mar 23, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by vanillabean
So you just walk in from the street and go to walk-in line at the international terminal? I may give that a try when the time comes.
Please refer to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by elc2414
Could those who are getting approvals now please share which office their applications were processed through? It states on your approval letter what office processed and approved your application. Just curious if there is any commonality.

‘where is the approval letter on the website? Mine just shows conditionally approved on the timeline.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:40 am

I'm wondering if DOB has any impact on how long it takes to receive conditional approval. My husband and I both applied at the same time on the same day (January 25, 2019). I was conditionally approved within a few days and have already had my interview and was approved. He is still waiting on conditional approval. His birth date is 3 months after mine. I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed any correlation between the two.
I'm now wondering if there is any correlation between birthday in the coming months remaining in the year of the time of application or if you have already had your birthday in the calendar year of applying. My husband's birthday was before we applied on January 25th and mine is later in the calendar year. Again, I've already received final approval and my card. Due to my birthday being further in the year, my GE is good for 5.5 yrs since it expires on my birthday. Still just wondering if there isn't some correlation. I feel like there has to be some rhyme or reason to this process.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:05 am
D1c

I'm now wondering if there is any correlation between birthday in the coming months remaining in the year of the time of application or if you have already had your birthday in the calendar year of applying. My husband's birthday was before we applied on January 25th and mine is later in the calendar year. Again, I've already received final approval and my card. Due to my birthday being further in the year, my GE is good for 5.5 yrs since it expires on my birthday. Still just wondering if there isn't some correlation. I feel like there has to be some rhyme or reason to this process.

did you ask, during the interview, what the process was? I’d be interested in hearing their answer.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by D1c

i dont think it does. I applied on 1/25 and I still waiting. Wife applied in feb and she scheduled her interview already. My birthday is 3 months before hers. I don’t know what system or criteria they are using. It’s ridiculous.

"eenie meenie miney mo"
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by D1c

did you ask, during the interview, what the process was? I’d be interested in hearing their answer.
@D1c, when I asked anything about the process, they just skipped over my question as if I didn't even ask it. Any question about something other than my personal information and interview were ignored. It felt like they aren't supposed to answer questions not related to the specific interview.
D1c likes this.

Last edited by Amy Beals Bonjour; Mar 24, 2019 at 11:57 am Reason: correction to reply
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by lizzie472

‘where is the approval letter on the website? Mine just shows conditionally approved on the timeline.
Within your TPP account once you have logged in

IIRC there’s is a section called ‘messages’. But when your status changes it undates your account so if it still says ‘conditional’ then you haven’t been approved yet.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by lizzie472

As per @UKtravelbear - have you had your interview yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.