Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:34 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by D1c

not necessarily. My wife and I information was 98% the same (jobs were the only difference). mine was submitted 1/25, hers 2/04. She got approved 2/08, I’m still waiting. I’ve got no explanation for it.
Well except that your application went during the tail-end of the government shutdown and her application was outside of that.

The United States federal government shutdown of 2018–2019 occurred from midnight EST on December 22, 2018 until January 25, 2019
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:37 pm
D1c

We waited specifically until it was done to submit so both were after. And there are people who submitted in early February who are still waiting..... who knows.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
How long does it generally take to get approved?

My daughter did her interview on 3/15 and the agent said she was approved, but we never received an e-mail and her status still says "conditional approval". When I did GE for myself it just took a few minutes to move to approval.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
How long does it generally take to get approved?

My daughter did her interview on 3/15 and the agent said she was approved, but we never received an e-mail and her status still says "conditional approval". When I did GE for myself it just took a few minutes to move to approval.
Usually it is a matter of hours, if not minutes. Unless her application requires further approval. If I were you, I would call that interview center. Most likely someone forgot to press approve.

Good luck. Please come back and let us know the reason.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:00 pm

Frustrated!

It’s been 4months for me!! US citizen and applied at the end of Novermber 2018. How is everyone else getting approved already?!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Usually it is a matter of hours, if not minutes. Unless her application requires further approval. If I were you, I would call that interview center. Most likely someone forgot to press approve.

Good luck. Please come back and let us know the reason.
Thanks, this was good advice. I called the GE center (BWI) and it goes straight to VM and the mailbox is full. I tried calling a couple other local enrollment centers and an officer at IAD answered right away and was super helpful. He looked up her account and saw it needed supervisor approval to waive the fingerprint requirement (for a small child), and he was going to contact someone at BWI to look into it.

Apparently once an officer enters information into the system during the interview only the same GE center can finalize approval. Hopefully this will work out soon, but if not I have a flight from BWI next week so I can stop by the center in person to follow-up.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:28 am

One more DP.
Applied Feb 18, conditional approval received Feb 25. Interview was on March 5th.
The interview lasted all of 5 min (Only documentation asked was my driver's license. I had my passport but was not asked for it). Approval email within the hour, and physical card received on March 12th.
Approx 3 weeks from applying to receiving the physical card.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:41 am

Still Waiting..

Initial application filled out--> 2/7
Husband initial application filled out--> 2/10
He was conditionally approved on 2/16
And, has his interview early April

*I filled out both applications
*Both US born citizens, no criminal history
*Several addresses for us both, my only difference is a maiden name, which is not a common name

6 weeks today, and I am still waiting, and we have an international trip in June. Frustrating to see how some get approved right away, and other wait months on end, for no reason at all.

I did file a complaint on the GE site, but again the processing time to that was 10-15 business days, tomorrow will be 10 for that.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Infinity MileageLands
Applied Feb 23, still waiting.

Next international trip coming up in mid-May, usually take 2 to 3 international trips a year.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:32 am

I applied Jan 31st , 7 weeks ago, (right after shut down) and had 3 international trips since. I kept complaining internally about not being approved yet, but now I am glad because my birthday is late March and therefore my Global Entry card will last longer than if I had been already approved. There's always something good to take out of everything . In the meanwhile I'm using Mobile Passport and it is the quickest thing for Atlanta customs. The longest line I've done is being the second person in line. My next international trips start in May, so I hope that by then I can already use my GE. Will keep you posted.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by lucysmama
I applied January 11th and I'm still pending. Should be any day.....
Applied January 11, conditional approval today, March 22. Good luck all!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:58 am

We applied - me, wife and kids (5 and 8) on March 2. Wife and 5 year old conditionally approved on March 9. Me and my other kid still waiting on conditional approval.
Waiting to schedule their interview so we could do together once we get our approval.

Travelling next month to Europe and was hoping to get GE done before that.

All Applied: 3/2
Wife and kid approved: 3/17

Me and my other kid still waiting !! Hopefully some FlyerTalk magic works.

Last edited by nirsmusic; Mar 22, 2019 at 11:33 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by lucysmama
Applied January 11, conditional approval today, March 22. Good luck all!
I have hope now. Applier 1/14 and international trip is coming up next Friday. ( 3/29). This guys have been extremely slow on processing those GE applications.
Happy for you!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:55 pm

My wife applied on Mar 12th. Conditional approval received today Mar 22nd. Interview set for March 27th.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:05 pm

Applied 03/13/2019
waiting for Conditional Approval hopefully i'll get it soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.