Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by nocmoc
Before I found this very helpful FyerTalk site, I found a link at the Global Entry site for questions regarding applications.
Since my husband and I both applied on Feb. 16 and he has received “conditional approval” while mine is still “Pending Review”, I submitted a request for information on when I might expect to get CA.
I apparently can't post the link here, so here’s a shortened version of the reply I got today.
Basically, they also say that 11 weeks is the average time it takes for processing:
“Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you….There are many factors that determine the length of time for an application to be conditionally approved. Each application is processed individually. There is no expedited processing for applications…. If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed.
"Please note that processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed for Global Entry within 11 weeks. Again, these are average times - your application may take a shorter and longer time to process depending on what the vetting center determines, not when it was submitted. The vetting process cannot be expedited. After the application has been reviewed, the status will be updated to either "Conditionally Approved" or "Denied" and a letter will be posted in your TTP Dashboard under Notifications with additional information….If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.”
Thank you for sharing. Is there any reason why that link cannot be posted here? It is somewhat surprising you actually received a personalized response.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Is there any reason why that link cannot be posted here?
An FT restriction - nocmoc only has a post count of 5. Commonly on internet forums, new users can't post links until they demonstrate a longer period of "normal user" activity. It's an anti-spam measure.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:15 am

Yes - my reply wouldn't post until I removed the link I had included. An alert said I couldn't post a link until I'd had at least 5 posts on this site.
I'll try again now.
I believe this is the link where I found a way to email my question. And that resulted in the email reply I received today, that I posted above.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1208/
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
An FT restriction - nocmoc only has a post count of 5. Commonly on internet forums, new users can't post links until they demonstrate a longer period of "normal user" activity. It's an anti-spam measure.
Thank you, learn something new today.

Yes - my reply wouldn't post until I removed the link I had included. An alert said I couldn't post a link until I'd had at least 5 posts on this site.
I'll try again now.
I believe this is the link where I found a way to email my question. And that resulted in the email reply I received today, that I posted above.
Thank you for sharing.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:14 pm

Thank you, 1KChinito! I hope it helps some of the others here.
We've got our fingers crossed that in a couple of weeks I'll move up to "conditional approval" so Mike and I can both get our interview done before our trip in September.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Thank you, 1KChinito! I hope it helps some of the others here.
We've got our fingers crossed that in a couple of weeks I'll move up to "conditional approval" so Mike and I can both get our interview done before our trip in September.
I applied a week or so before you and have been looking at conditional approval times reported here.

For the people who missed out on the two week turnaround, the last few reports have all been around 69 days with the latest application date in this group being 26 January. It's getting closer!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:29 pm

Peter h - If that holds true, I should have my conditional approval by April 26.....fingers-crossed for you the week before that
peter h likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by breiec

Was able to do global entry interview on arivval at ORD even though I arrived around 6 on a Friday. Hours on site say say something like 8:30 - 3:30.
​​​​​​Thanks for the info. I'm on a June 2019 flight into ORD that lands at 3:10pm so I thought I was going to be out of luck, I might give it a try!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Nationality British
Applied on 13th January
Approved on 23rd March

Exactly 69 days, was told to schedule an interview before 23rd March 2020.

Some centres got slots in August, on the other hand, some centres have lots of slots towards the end of June, but nothing in July and August.
Does this mean some centres only release slots up to 3 calendar months?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by nshizuka25
Nationality British
Applied on 13th January
Approved on 23rd March

Some centres got slots in August, on the other hand, some centres have lots of slots towards the end of June, but nothing in July and August.
That is correct, very good observation.
nshizuka25 likes this.

Last edited by 1KChinito; Apr 8, 2019 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:48 am

Here is a fun one:
Applied on 2nd November and still "Pending Review". That's 157 days...
wish me luck!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by lukasb
Here is a fun one:
wish me luck!
Welcome to FT. If I were you, I would contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection and find out why.

or
855/873-4637

Please come back and keep us posted.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by lukasb
Here is a fun one:
wish me luck!
Whaaat?? PLEASE let us know how you fix that so none else waits that much.... Good luck.
Im on my 67th day. Hoping to get conditionally approved in 2-3 days!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:15 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by nshizuka25
Nationality British
Applied on 13th January
Approved on 23rd March

This thread is about Global Entry approval timelines for US citizens and lawful permanent residents.

Since Global Entry application procedures and approval timelines for UK citizens are different, for indexing and search purposes we have a dedicated thread discussing that topic:
In addition, we have a thread on the topic of availability of enrollment interviews appointments, for indexing and future search purposes, please continue discussing that subject there:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta, SW, Hyatt, Marriott
Also in TN

Originally Posted by MarTN
Applied 3-6, received email 3-14. Next available Nashville interview is late April
Wife and I applied 2/11/19. Still waiting 4/8/19. Already took one international trip. Have another in May. Mobile pass works great except in Dublin (where it’s not used at all). Do not any skeletons in the closet; quite the contrary.

Well that explains the long wait (frequent international travel). Since retiring three years ago, we have traveled quite a bit.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 8, 2019 at 6:28 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.