Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Is the only way to know if you are approved is to keep going back to the website and checking, or do they send an email?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus | Avios | SkyMiles
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Is the only way to know if you are approved is to keep going back to the website and checking, or do they send an email?
You do get an email stating there has been a recent change to your application.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 11:34 pm

So after 10 months, I've received a CA a few days after I booked an international flight. Coincidence? I think not. Next hurdle, finding an interview slot.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:09 am

4/08/23 - Wife and I both apply, already have KTNs/Pre-Check
4/20/23 - Wife got CA
4/22/23 - I got CA
4/26/23 - ATL slots open up for SUN 4/30/23
4/30/23 - Interviews and Approvals

Edit: We both returned from Costa Rica on 4/22, the day I got CA, but we had a tight connection in HOU so didn't do the interview on arrival, but wonder if that int'l flight helped get CAs

Last edited by dmbolp; May 1, 2023 at 5:25 am
Old Apr 28, 2023, 2:44 pm

Applied 26 April 23 Conditional Approval 28 April 2023

Really wasn’t expecting it to be that quick.

Now hoping to do EOA at JFK next month.
Old May 1, 2023, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
4/08/23 - Wife and I both apply, already have KTNs/Pre-Check
4/20/23 - Wife got CA
4/22/23 - I got CA
4/26/23 - ATL slots open up for SUN 4/30/23
4/30/23 - Will have our interviews

Edit: We both returned from Costa Rica on 4/22, the day I got CA, but we had a tight connection in HOU so didn't do the interview on arrival, but wonder if that int'l flight helped get CAs
4/30/23 - Interviews and Approvals
Old May 16, 2023, 12:08 am

I received conditional approval for global entry within 48 hours and scheduled my interview for two days later. Does conditional approval mean I already passed the FBI background check? I don't have any arrests or convictions. However, I was under the impression they take your fingerprints at the enrollment center and compare them against a database?
Old May 16, 2023, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travelwonderjoy
I received conditional approval for global entry within 48 hours and scheduled my interview for two days later. Does conditional approval mean I already passed the FBI background check? I don't have any arrests or convictions. However, I was under the impression they take your fingerprints at the enrollment center and compare them against a database?
Fingerprints are done at interview. This is why you only have conditional approval and not full approval.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 8:13 am

Given that I've never been fingerprinted for a crime, I should be good, right? I haven't even been arrested/convicted of anything. Only minor traffic stop with no ticket.
Old May 16, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Given that I've never been fingerprinted for a crime, I should be good, right? I haven't even been arrested/convicted of anything. Only minor traffic stop with no ticket.
Yes- if you’re appropriately boring in the eyes of law enforcement, you can have your Global Entry number issued on the spot at the nterview.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Me Application Saturday, email Sunday night, set appointment Monday for Monday...will get card in the Mail in 3 weeks
Wife Apprication Sunday, email Monday night or Tuesday morning), set appointment for Tuesday at 5:15AM to be seen at 7AM same day (today). Will get card in 3 weeks

Important: The email just says there has been a change in your status. Log in (link in email) and find out you have been approved pending your interview appointment. Follow that link and pick an appointment destination and date. Picking Otay Mesa brought up a message that the next available appointment was in Jun 2024!...We fiddled with the calandar, given my experience yesterday, and found that 4 appointments were available this AM. Starting 6:30AM ending 7AM. It was 5:15AM already! Fortunately all data was in a folder, so we got dressed and out the door. Carpool lanes from Escondido made all the difference.
The building is single story. You go up to the door and someone will come to help you. HAVE a copy of your appointment confirmation as the list they have is printed before. Free parking next door. Parking in the back restricted.
IF there are two of you, like us, each person must get the email, sign in to their account and make an appointment. The appointment page indicates you can make more that one persons appointment. That is not true.
Appointment takes about 5-10 minutes...photo, fingerprinting, check residence proof, passport...
Rare and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by ranles; May 16, 2023 at 9:50 am
Old May 16, 2023, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Yes- if you’re appropriately boring in the eyes of law enforcement, you can have your Global Entry number issued on the spot at the nterview.
Attended the interview a few hours ago but haven't seen the official approval come through. However, upon sitting down at the officer's desk, he already had a known traveler number for me and said I could start using TSA precheck? Does that mean I'm basically approved?
Old May 16, 2023, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Attended the interview a few hours ago but haven't seen the official approval come through. However, upon sitting down at the officer's desk, he already had a known traveler number for me and said I could start using TSA precheck? Does that mean I'm basically approved?
You should have received an email that advised you that there was a change in your status. What does it indicate when you log on to your TTP account? Sometimes, the officer forgets to click on the approved button.

If there hasn't been an update, take a look at this thread:
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 5:28 pm

There are legit, innocent scenarios when the scanner can't read your fingerprints well (e.g. if your hands are really dry), so they can't give you instant approval on the spot. But it'll probably be approved in the next day or two.
Old May 17, 2023, 2:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Received confirmation, wife and I, of approval today, 5/17, less than a week after applying. Guess our life has been boring, a model citizen or both. Card will be mailed, but it is unnecessary per their declaration if by air, required if by land.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.