TR: JER-HNL with BA and AA by two Senior Citizens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TR: JER-HNL with BA and AA by two Senior Citizens

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Nice TR T8191. I enjoyed the Military part especially the Senior Service photos ()

I like your lighthearted writing style too. In general terms it's great to see retired folks keeping active and anything is possible as long as you are fit (ish!)

Who would have thought when you joined FT that you would be doing a TP run and becoming a Gold!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Dear PETER01, we do NOT do TP runs. We just take extra holidays

It just so happens that this one earns a lot of TPs
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:54 pm

Nice report! Helps with the anticipation for my trip!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Dear PETER01, we do NOT do TP runs. We just take extra holidays

It just so happens that this one earns a lot of TPs
We will all believe you
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by PETER01
We will all believe you
You honestly think we would spend close to £4k for a Gold card? What are you drinking?

A solo TP-runner doing a back-to-back is one thing. A couple of OAPs going on a 10-day holiday is NOT a TP run, you twit
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:18 pm

You honestly think we would spend close to £4k for a Gold card? What are you drinking?
Yes, I reckon the temptation was too much and you needed a longer than average time between flights to recover I only drink Tea only so it can't be that

A solo TP-runner doing a back-to-back is one thing. A couple of OAPs going on a 10-day holiday is NOT a TP run, you twit
Nice cover story At least................ I am a young twit
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:28 pm

The reason why you were called in the lounge at LAX is that you were checked in for your BA flight by AA in HNL. Unfortunately, AA do not do a passport scan which BA need to do to inform US Border Control that you are leaving the country. So BA need to call you in the lounge and scan your passport into their system to report to CBP.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
Fantastic TR T8191 - well jel (as our kids say)

School holidays have prevented us from booking during this sale window, heres hoping to a repeat sale same time next year when we'll be waiting to take the plunge.

Similar to Speedbird876, MrsB and I visited Waikiki 16 years ago (life before kids) and all the talk on FT about TPRs to the islands have persuaded us to return - our teenage daughters keep asking when we're going and checking we'll be in the right booking class to get lounge access (you have to bring them up correctly ), decent seats etc

Thanks to everyone on FT who advise on all the opportunities to maximise our experiences travelling the world.

Enjoy your TPAC trips

MrB.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great trip report Uncle T
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC
An enjoyable read indeed! And despite your protests, I think your "holidays" are going to become more frequent as you realise you want to retain Gold for next year...

It *will* happen. How do I know? Well I've been reading as many TRs on China as I can find (may have to work there May/June) and I ran across a TR from KARFA who blithely stated a year ago (wait for it)......

"I can concentrate on burning some avios over the next 18 months as I only have to worry about earning tier points again to keep silver status in 2015. I’ll retain gold now until December 2014, and soft land to silver for 2015. "

He didn't see it coming either.... It's a slippery slope..........(much like Finnair's old seats)

Anyway, I hope any jetlag is over in a jiffy!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Thanks for the enjoyable TR T8191.^ Especially after being outside all day here in -21C weather

Haven't been to Hawaii since I was 13 with my parents. So long ago that the original Hawaii 50 TV series was only in it's 2nd season
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Thanks for the enjoyable TR T8191.^ Especially after being outside all day here in -21C weather

Haven't been to Hawaii since I was 13 with my parents. So long ago that the original Hawaii 50 TV series was only in it's 2nd season
Gee that is cold! my ex BIL lives in Barrie which is in the snowbelt I believe and it gets very cold there, sometimes into the -30's

Previously, I would only ever go in summertime and going back to the original topic I can see why folks doing a TP run or a holiday to HNL there is great to get away from this horrible weather.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Thanks for posting, glad you enjoyed the journey other than the muppets on the lax-hnl leg. Assuming they were not fters on 1k ex-dubs i wonder if a private jet would have done them better!!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:48 am

Ha ha, loved the comment at the end about vegetables... I know exactly how you feel.

Glad you liked the 380 ^
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:01 am

Great report, thanks for posting.

Love the description of the 'cold, dead croissant'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.