Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
but I like the new F kits, since they are good for holding onto documents and stuff.
Yeah - they're nice. In fact *shocker*, nicer than LH's.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Yeah - they're nice. In fact *shocker*, nicer than LH's.
Well LH C kit is pretty poor. Can't recall the F one but I've seen pics.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 5:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by flygirl94
........Note to Sandiego1K- I'm sorry I never got back to you-I guess I was paranoid to give out my address in case you were a UAL supervisor in disguise (She was nice enough to offer to send me one).....
if this helps, she's not and has sent me a few of the ua zippered ammenity kits in the past.
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Since people have asked:.......

Arrivals Suite Amenity Kit:
that's also what's given out in the showers at the lhr rcc

Last edited by goalie; Feb 13, 2007 at 5:58 pm
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hello my name is kiwi flyer and I collect amenity kits (and menus).

I use them, give them away but still I seem to be getting more and more. I'm not even sure how many I have.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:15 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Hello my name is kiwi flyer and I collect amenity kits (and menus).

I use them, give them away but still I seem to be getting more and more. I'm not even sure how many I have.
Hello Kiwi Flyer...

I get rid of my amenity kits and F PJ's on eBay. Probably have sold to you FT'ers!!!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:09 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
It's much easier if a hub (point of US entry) is also your final destination.
If the hub is not your final destination, you just have to move the amenity kits into your checked luggage at your hub (point of US entry).
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
If the hub is not your final destination, you just have to move the amenity kits into your checked luggage at your hub (point of US entry).
Who checks luggage?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:22 pm

Sign me up for Amenity Kits Anonymous as well because I have the sickness BAD! I have HUNDREDS of NEW UNOPENED C and F Amenity Kits. This is even after giving away HUNDREDS. Currently I have FIVE generations of the UA Kits. I also have around FIFTY, NEW UNOPENED Arrivals, Shower Kits and about TWO Dozen of the Amenity Kits given out for lost luggage.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:24 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
That is not an addiction, it's a disease! I too had hundreds and gave most of them away. Now I am on my way to full recovery.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by alberta1999
guilty. I have (had) about 40, then my mrs. gave all the zipper bags to my kids school for art supplies. The zipper pouches were much better than the drawstring bag. LH has a velcor pouch that is really nice.
It is a sickness, though I only take my own. I also have an affinity for hotel pens.....
I was in the Hyatt in Saigon and Le Royal (Raffles Hotel) in Phnom Penh for a couple of weeks and they had those very nice black pens with the hotel name in gold. I think I ended up with 40 pens.

I have seen luckycoins addiction to ammenity bags in person on an MR to LHR!

Anyone play that game with the hotel, where you empty all the soap, sewing kits, etc, into your luggage and zip it, they refill the items and you do it everyday? I ended up with 5 lbs of nice blue soap from the Le Royal. I have issues, but I am glad I am not alone.

R
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:13 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
hello my name is 1k-all-the-way and my illness is beyond rehab. i have 10 years of bags- the UA purple zip bag, tha maroon one, the beige F bag, all the nylon bags, SQ first, UA first, Swiss F and C, Thai purple bags, maybe 40 or 50 in all. they fall on me when i open my bathroom cabinet. remember the tribbile star trek episode? i'm living it. this is a cry for help - stop me before i kill again!!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gabrielz
Donate them to a homeless or battered women's shelter...unless you're simply hording for future service enhancements.

<G>
I give them to my daughter who sorts all of the contents and periodically gives the useful stuff like shampoo to a homeless shelter.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
I save the shower kits you get in the NRT RCC. I've got about a dozen of them. I finally forced myself to stop taking them.

OK, I just lied, my wife forced me to stop taking them.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by woodway
I save the shower kits you get in the NRT RCC. I've got about a dozen of them.
These are the same in all RCC's and really the only reason I use the RCC showers. Interestingly whilst they still give them out in at NRT and LHR (post security enhancements) they stopped giving them out at SYD

Jeff
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by tealeaf99
And ... on flights to/from NRT you also get slippers.
I'm wearing one of those

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.