Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
Originally Posted by fzwinter
What's in the UAL C amenity kit these days? I fly almost exclusively domestic these days but have a couple of UA flights to Europe this spring. Not that I'm getting my hopes up too high....
- A tooth brush with a small tube of toothpaste. I don't like the toothbrush, but the toothpaste should be enough for a weeklong trip.

- A H2O hydrating body butter. Sometimes I use it at home or office, which makes me smell like in a plane.

- One or 2 mint pills. Don't remember the quantity. The taste is good.

- A pair of ear bugs. I sometimes use it in my hotel room. There are tones of it in the labs in my office.

- A pair of socks. Never wear it. I wear sleepers, provided or brought by myself, for long haul flight.

- A small pack of facial tissue. Most usaful stuff.

- Some H2O product coupons. Junks.

Don't remember if there is other stuff since I stopped to open it for a while. However, I still collect it as many of you do. Give it to charity should be a good thing to do.
Eyeshades.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
- A tooth brush with a small tube of toothpaste. I don't like the toothbrush, but the toothpaste should be enough for a weeklong trip.

- A H2O hydrating body butter. Sometimes I use it at home or office, which makes me smell like in a plane.

- One or 2 mint pills. Don't remember the quantity. It taste good.

- A pair of ear bugs. I sometimes use it in my hotel room. There are tones of it in the labs in my office.

- A pair of socks. Never wear it. I wear sleepers, provided or brought by myself, for long haul flight.

- A small pack of facial tissue. Most usaful stuff.

- Some H2O product coupons. Junks.

Don't remember if there is other stuff since I stopped to open it for a while. However, I still collect it as many of you do. Give it to charity should be a good thing to do.
Thanks for the update. Don't know about the "ear bugs" - I thought the APHIS inspections kept those out.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:08 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've got 4 "paper boxes" in the basement that are crammed full of these kits and airline pj's. I can't explain it other than when I used to fly coach years ago, I was envious and curious about the things....
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by fzwinter
Thanks for the update. Don't know about the "ear bugs" - I thought the APHIS inspections kept those out.
sorry - a colleague is sitting in front of me talking about something he saw in a hotel room.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I keep them in the bathroom at home... for when friends or family have "unplanned" (drinking) stays.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
And ... on flights to/from NRT you also get slippers.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
In one of my moments of geatest shame, I tried to swipe an unused kit from AF C as I was leaving the plane. Those FAs decended on me with all of their Gallic furor and made me give it back. Stupid ugly American tourist!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:21 pm

HDPlayer flies AA business & first between ORD & LHR, and I fly UA C on the same route. Combined with 21 months of him living in China (both of us flying UA) we have a huge collection of the various items... lots of the AA 1st class zip cases, which are great for computer chargers. I use a Quantas lanyard for keys. The AA business class has a nice bag that could be used for most shoes or a small amount of dirty laundry.

I do give away most of the products - keep the UA lotions, which are a nice size for my purse. AA has a nice set in first that has a "dry shower" product that I keep in my emergency overnight carryon set.

Didn't like the new UA C bags at first, but found they work nicely for clothing items like a shawl that I didn't want to get snagged or rain coat. I do like the different colors - last trip I traded a black for a bronze in the empty seat next to me.

We're flying SQ business (award) to Bali in May - wonder what goodies we'll get there????

i have a suitcase full of the intl F and C amenity kits.

i actually use the toothbrushes and toothpaste from them when i travel domestically. i occasionally find uses for the socks and eye shades too.

the rest goes to waste... sitting in my suitcase.

i had an unopened kit from a xNRT/BKK segment. when i left BKK (xBKK/NRT), they opened it and took out all the liquid items

same thing happened to me when i was flying NRT/SFO/RNO. at SFO security, they took all the liquids from my NRT/SFO kit.

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Why am I all of a sudden moved to confess my past amenity kit sins?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
[QUOTE=c.l.i.a;7216306- A pair of socks. Never wear it. I wear sleepers, provided or brought by myself, for long haul flight.[/QUOTE]

About the only item I consistently use is the socks. First thing I do is slip off the shoes and put on the socks. Now, are are very strange object - they look like full size, but yet they barely come up over my heel. Oh, they also keep the ear bugs off my feet.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
And I thought it was just me...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
The weird thing about this illness is that sometimes it's indeed all simply about stockpiling. Stuff as many of the kits possible into your suitcase without any real intention of using them in the future.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by as219
I'm even worse! I always try to swipe an unused one from an open seat so that I can open/use one and save the other... Shame on me, shame on me!
Take a number...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ms. HDPlayer
We're flying SQ business (award) to Bali in May - wonder what goodies we'll get there????
Actually, when I flew LAX-TPE on SQ in December and January, there were no amenity kits, though I did get a sock/shoe combination thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.