Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum
I either give them to womens shelters or put them in my guest bathroom.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I've got a 30 gallon plastic storage bin full to the top with amenity kits. I also have like 30-40 Airline logo ball point pens.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
I've got a 30 gallon plastic storage bin full to the top with amenity kits. I also have like 30-40 Airline logo ball point pens.
sounds like a niche packrat hobby..
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:25 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I still have good demand for them, and gladly hand them to others, who are always appreciative! I ask for a ladies kit usually (SQ in unisex) as they are most popular!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:58 pm

For the love of amenity kits...

...I found a gent on eBay who sold me about two dozen various airline's kits for a good price and I'm customizing them for Christmas presents for everyone at work. Adding extra tissues, small first aid packets, emergency blankets, etc. Each of my coworkers will get one along with a handout from the American Red Cross about building earthquake/disaster kits. They can keep them in their cars or at work against future disasters when they might end up in shelters or not able to get home for a few days.

Gave me the opportunity to receive and examine all kinds of kits from US and international airlines and now I've still got the fun of matching the different kits up with different coworkers before December rolls around.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Anglogirl1
...I found a gent on eBay who sold me about two dozen various airline's kits for a good price and I'm customizing them for Christmas presents for everyone at work. Adding extra tissues, small first aid packets, emergency blankets, etc. Each of my coworkers will get one along with a handout from the American Red Cross about building earthquake/disaster kits. They can keep them in their cars or at work against future disasters when they might end up in shelters or not able to get home for a few days.

Gave me the opportunity to receive and examine all kinds of kits from US and international airlines and now I've still got the fun of matching the different kits up with different coworkers before December rolls around.
Welcome to FT!

That is certainly a neat idea.. Myself If I were to do this, my hesitation is to make sure the amenity kits hasn't been used.. and a black market doesn't start developing for collection of amenity kits for sale (taken unethically)..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.