Search

What's the most amazing thing you've seen from a plane

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Double Rainbow from a RDU-CVG flight after a thunderstorm:
Awesome shot.
It's always so cool to be reminded of the fact that rainbows are actually a full circle
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
CX in business class. Pax playing with themselves...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:34 pm

Flying on turboprop commuter in electrical storm for some 30 odd minutes
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
CX in business class. Pax playing with themselves...
Might want to re-read the thread title...

Between Papua and Denpasar.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:22 pm

Im pretty sure I saw a bear and cubs flying over Emirates from Seattle to Dubai once. But then again that bear and cubs could be a cloud or a tree or even superman. lol
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
The ground after I landed in my glider having negotiated wind sheer on the final approach!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
I always like flying in to NYC and the terrific view of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty... do it all the time and it just never seems to get old.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
I saw a pod of humpbacks breaching from a SYD-MEL just after takeoff - finally all those times looking at the ocean while climbing to altitude and seeing nothing but waves paid off.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Not so much amazing as amusing, back in the 80's I flew from Boston to Dulles - I don't recollect the airline or many details, except that we never got very high and on the flight we flew over and I was able to clearly identify my apartment building in Quincy, where I was living at the time, the apartments in Connecticut where I lived at one time, the house in New Jersey where I grew up, and the house in New Jersey where my parents were living at the time. It was old home week.

Cheers,
PP
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nothing. absolutely nothing after the landing. the fog was so thick at mxp that we could not see the wing tips. we parked on the runway . we were held under the wings by italian military. jeeps were sent to transport us to the terminal.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:30 pm

1982 on a flight to the west coast I looked out my window and below us was a 747 with a fighter jet following close by on each side ,it was AF-1 President Reagan returning from opening the World Fair in Knoxville. Our pilot made no mention of it
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Flying EWR-YYZ and just outside of Buffalo noticing this weird cloud, then realizing it was Niagra Falls:

Hey, thanks for that photo. I can see the street I grew up on.

PS-cannot help myself here..it is spelled Niagara.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
nothing. absolutely nothing after the landing. the fog was so thick at mxp that we could not see the wing tips. we parked on the runway . we were held under the wings by italian military. jeeps were sent to transport us to the terminal.
When did this happen?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:00 am

The south face of Mt Everest on a clear day. I was flying Dhaka to London and we were still climbing out so we were not quite above the summit and had a great view.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:17 am

Greenland never gets old.

Las Vegas lights in the middle of the pitch black desert at night.

Going over the Arctic Circle on a wintertime ORD - NRT run. Hours and hours of ice with the low sun on the horizon. Amazing colors. I've never understood why almost all of the other passengers had windows closed. It's a chance to see a part of the world that we'll never, ever be able to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.