Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most amazing thing you've seen from a plane

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by flipstah
I was on a flight from HKG->SEA and I was waiting for the washroom.

This really cute girl waited for the other one beside it. We exchanged hellos while I stretched. She then out-stretched me by doing the splits right there and then.

In yoga pants.

Best flight ever.
Don't get out much?
Old May 13, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by skunker
Don't get out much?
I need to get on the flights you're on. All I get are old people and ex-Military consultants on business.

Old May 14, 2015, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by lhrsfo

On a personal level, I usually see my house landing at LHR if I'm on the right, and likewise in SFO if I'm on the left.
I lived 3 hours from the airport
Old May 14, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
1. For some inexplicable reason, an HA pilot chose to fly really close and above the Mauna Kea observatories on a cloudless day. Was a wonderful and unexpected sight.

https://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/mko/

2. Taking off from Queenstown and flying over the wonderful Southern Alps, which were snow-covered. Unbuckled my J seatbelt, and kept on going from one window to the other, as my wife and I were the only J passengers.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Mt Fuji and Tokyo on HNL-ICN
The many many islands on every domestic overwater flight in east Indonesia
Old May 14, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
UA's been using Q400s instead of RJs on some routes for the last few years. They tend to cruise at only 25k ft, so out of DEN you get some there are some amazing views of the Rockies.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Marriott, Choicr.
It isn't terribly amazing, but interesting I suppose. In Las Vegas just east of the airport on Sunset Rd parallel to one of the runways is a house that has an airplane connected to it. It is Wayne Newtons house. Why he has an airplane connected to his house, I have no idea. You can see if about 5 seconds before landing.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
1. For some inexplicable reason, an HA pilot chose to fly really close and above the Mauna Kea observatories on a cloudless day. Was a wonderful and unexpected sight.

https://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/mko/

2. Taking off from Queenstown and flying over the wonderful Southern Alps, which were snow-covered. Unbuckled my J seatbelt, and kept on going from one window to the other, as my wife and I were the only J passengers.
That is a sleepy airport. Great view though.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by flipstah
I need to get on the flights you're on. All I get are old people and ex-Military consultants on business.

I've shared a flight with Marisa Miller shortly after her SI swim suit cover and a flight with a daytime soap star.

Come fly with me!
Old May 15, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
Also memorable was during a go around from LGA airport. It was 9 months after 9-11.
An evening flight.

The plane was seconds from landing and then vaulted back up, towards the GWB, then down south on the Hudson and past the WTC footprints, lit up from the 24 hour work being done. It is still our only visit to the area.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Saw this lady in very tight pants walked to her seat, put carry on in overhead, proceed to seat, bend down and promptly gave everyone an excellent view of her g-string after pants ripped at seam.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
This was pretty cool...

Old May 15, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
Not amazing, but definitely shocking.

Landed on SFO's 28R on July 8 2013, seated at 1A on SQ16 - got an unobstructed view of the entire OZ 214 wreckage on 28L.

I took a few mediocre photos and will upload should anyone wish to see them.

I think it's the scariest thing I've seen in my life. I heard the pax in 2A (over the reverse thrust of the 77W) say "Holy F**k".
Old May 15, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
My daughter recently flew buenos aires to iguazu. The pilot went low over the falls and made a turn so that each side could photograph the falls. Air transfer and helicopter ride for the same price.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
Not amazing, but definitely shocking.

Landed on SFO's 28R on July 8 2013, seated at 1A on SQ16 - got an unobstructed view of the entire OZ 214 wreckage on 28L.

I took a few mediocre photos and will upload should anyone wish to see them.

I think it's the scariest thing I've seen in my life. I heard the pax in 2A (over the reverse thrust of the 77W) say "Holy F**k".
Forgot about that one. Add a me too on that one. Few days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.