What's the most amazing thing you've seen from a plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most amazing thing you've seen from a plane

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by radium_mask
It was an executive jet, can't remember the make - Embraer or Bombardier I think. Window was normal size, I think the photo distorts it a little bit.
Oh, I see. I was gonna swear I saw the RAF logo on your wing, hence my excitement
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
Oh, I see. I was gonna swear I saw the RAF logo on your wing, hence my excitement
well spotted. AF plane, but not RAF.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Around 2002, on an overnight flight between the US and Europe, the pilot spoke came on to say that he normally avoids announcements on overnight flights to let people sleep, but he said if we look out the left-side windows, we'll see something we may never see again. What we saw were the Northern Lights - amazing towers of green that stretched for miles. I didn't hear a single person complain for the interruption, and the people window seats were very accommodating in allowing others to get a glimpse. It was breathtaking and a sight I will never forget.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by radium_mask
well spotted. AF plane, but not RAF.
I'm going to guess Belgian Air Component
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by ROCAT
I'm going to guess Belgian Air Component
^
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:33 pm

Last year on an A380 EK148 AMS-DXB I saw an EK 777 racing, probably from MAN.
I took this photo with a Canon 300mm lens.

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
What we saw were the Northern Lights - amazing towers of green that stretched for miles.
In 1994 on a flight LAX-LHR I saw the northern lights as well. These routes are very close to the magnetic north pole.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Around 2002, on an overnight flight between the US and Europe, the pilot spoke came on to say that he normally avoids announcements on overnight flights to let people sleep, but he said if we look out the left-side windows, we'll see something we may never see again. What we saw were the Northern Lights - amazing towers of green that stretched for miles. I didn't hear a single person complain for the interruption, and the people window seats were very accommodating in allowing others to get a glimpse. It was breathtaking and a sight I will never forget.
My local airport (MAN) offers flights specifically for viewing the Northern Lights.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:09 pm

Watched a Concorde take off once from, I think, JFK, way back in the day. Gorgeous.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:40 pm

600 mph ground speed (pretty typical for a 727 at 37000 feet) is 10 miles per minute, or 1 mile in 6 seconds
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by airsurfer
Last year on an A380 EK148 AMS-DXB I saw an EK 777 racing, probably from MAN.
I took this photo with a Canon 300mm lens.

In 1994 on a flight LAX-LHR I saw the northern lights as well. These routes are very close to the magnetic north pole.
Spectacular photo.
Amazing how quickly you managed to set up the shot.
The view of other airplanes while onboard is something I always try to spot out of the window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.