Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
CDG>SIN

French couple sitting in front of us and between the wife sitting and standing, doing a downward dog and a salute to the sun in the aisle and ringing the bell 3 times.... all before take off. Red flags were blaring for me so I asked the FA if we could move a few rows back as there was a entire empty row, so the second the seat belt sign went off, we moved.

Over the next 11hrs, this lady spent her time stretching out, pushing the seat in front of her of the elderly aussie man, did a few more yoga positions in the aisle. Walked to/from the toilet a few hundred times, each time pulling the galley curtain wide open and annoying the passengers sitting closest to it.

She then got her roller bag out and used that as a leg rest, while again, pushing the seat of the elderly man in front of her.

Eventually, approx. 1hr before landing, the old aussie guy had enough.

He stood up and started yelling at the lady about the number of times hes asked her not to push his seat, the husband stood, defending his annoying wife, the people in the back row started yelling in support of the aussie guy about annoying the wife is, FAs came running to calm everyone down.

The FAs got everyone quite and sitting down again but for an entire hour, the b***** didn't move. Maybe they should have yelled at her 10hrs earlier.

I saw the aussie guy as we were waiting for bags and mentioned that she had peeved me off before take off and we were suppose to sit behind her but moved.

First time I ever saw flight rage.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Young couple next to me in the same 3-seat row couldn't keep their hands of each other the whole flight, it got intense. The guy was actually somewhat mindful of the environment, but she was unstoppable and won't leave him alone, lol. I tried to stare her down into shame a couple of times, lol, to no avail...I was very close to give them to the FA, but it was a short flight and I let it go...

Last edited by nk15; Nov 30, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by davie355
My seatmate adjusted my air vent when I was pretending to sleep. She said she felt cold.
The shes somehow are always cold and shivering, even when it is too hot, I don't know what their deal is...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:38 pm
HMO

Few years ago, I was at the middle seat at the 2nd. row of E. A POS seated at the aisle, and tried to raise the armrest between us. When I complained, he told he couldn't fit at the seat. I told it wasn't my problem, he called the FA. She pointed him that there were two adjacent seats 5 or 6 rows behind, but he declined to move because he want to seat at the front...

I told I'll move to the other seats, but while I was grabbing my stuff, two late pax seated there. Not my luck day...

FA "solved" the problem raising the external/aisle armrest. Still not my most comfortable trip, but at least I found how to raise the aisle arm rest... ^

But what really upset me was, when the plane started its descent, the guy grab his ticket and I saw his seat - some aisle way back in the plane...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had two really rough flights in a row last December.

- DL DTW-CDG A-330. I was in 11J which is a window in the second row of coach. In 10B, C, D and E were a Mother, Father, their baby and their toddler. Now, the baby behaved just fine. The toddler...not so much. I don't know if he was jealous of his new sibling but this kid was just awful. He cried and screamed for at least two or three hours on the flight, so loud that wearing earplugs AND Bose QC15s I could hear him very well. When he wasn't crying he was being loud in general. His Mother would pick him up and he would just keep crying. I was hoping for some sleep but little was to be found.

- AF CDG-MAD A-321. So this flight came just after the above one and I was really hoping to get some rest. I was in 26A, a window way at the back. In 26B was a child of around 10 and in 26C was her Father. The child obviously had some kind of special needs condition (autism or maybe a form of mental retardation) because she wouldn't stop touching. I dont' blame her and I know she didn't mean anything by it, but when you're dozing and all of a sudden a hand is on your face or your shoulder, it makes you wake up with a start. The Father didn't really do much to stop her but I doubt there's much he could have done anyway.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
A kid that was kicking the back of my seat. And yes, I got up, turned around facing kid and mother and said "please quit kicking my seat you are driving me nuts!" In a nice way of course.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jeannietx
A kid that was kicking the back of my seat. And yes, I got up, turned around facing kid and mother and said "please quit kicking my seat you are driving me nuts!" In a nice way of course.
I once, eventually after asking nicely a few times, told a kid behind me that if he kicked my chair again, I was going to rip his leg off and waving it back at him. He stopped after that.

This is why I always travel with my hubby, I need supervision but at least the kid didn't kick my chair again.

Don't know if I would try this again, in todays climate.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Just out of curiosity, with which carrier do you work as an onboard gastroenterologist? Because unless you did a digital rectal exam or a colonoscopy, I'm not sure how in the world you'd have any idea what was causing his flatulence. (News flash: What causes you to fart has absolutely no bearing on what may cause another person to pass gas. But I'm sure you learned that in med school, right?)
Its called common sense. Its not hard to figure out how the digestive system works in conjunction with the bowels. Nice troll attempt though, A for effort.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SpewyMcSpew
Its called common sense. Its not hard to figure out how the digestive system works in conjunction with the bowels. Nice troll attempt though, A for effort.
Everyone farts on airplanes. Some more than others. It's called "gas pressure" because of the reduced air pressure in the cabin. Physics 101.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Transcon J, LAX-JFK redeye flight. An inebriated, malodorous gentleman takes the seat next to me right as the door closes (flight was waiting on him since he wanted to maximize time at airport bar, and he even bragged about it, mentioning the announcements they were making for him in the terminal).

Right after departure, he gets sick and vomits several times into the duvet right before he passes out. Vomit was all over the duvet and his shirt, but he had no problem sleeping in it anyway. J cabin smelled like puke the rest of the flight, and he woke up right before landing laughing about it and commenting on how he needed to take a shower and have "the hair of the dog" ...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CMK10
- AF CDG-MAD A-321. So this flight came just after the above one and I was really hoping to get some rest. I was in 26A, a window way at the back. In 26B was a child of around 10 and in 26C was her Father. The child obviously had some kind of special needs condition (autism or maybe a form of mental retardation) because she wouldn't stop touching. I dont' blame her and I know she didn't mean anything by it, but when you're dozing and all of a sudden a hand is on your face or your shoulder, it makes you wake up with a start. The Father didn't really do much to stop her but I doubt there's much he could have done anyway.
He could have switched seats with her.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sethb
He could have switched seats with her.
That's a good point that I didn't think of. I wish he had
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Everyone farts on airplanes. Some more than others. It's called "gas pressure" because of the reduced air pressure in the cabin. Physics 101.
Thanks for your input Captain Obvious.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:11 pm

A father and son, kid was about 8, both sitting in aisle seats across from each other. They spent hours playing a loud video game together on one shared laptop. FAs didn't stop the intrusion into the aisle or the noise, even though it was a night flight with lights out.

Another night flight and another boy around 8 who was quite a talker. That was fine - but his parents quickly fell asleep and didn't bother with him. He'd be pulling on his mother's arm, "Mom, my ears hurt... I'm hungry... I dropped my toy". It was awful. Not the kid's fault at all, just his crappy, selfish, undeserving parents who shouldn't be allowed on airplanes or allowed to procreate.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: IHG Gold
6:30 am charter flight to tropical vacation. Everyone on flight had to arrive at airport at aprox 430 am (or earlier). Row behind me had mother, father and 3 year old girl. Father insisted on turning on some tablet and watching a cartoon with annoying sounds (bling, blams, bazzooop!) with no earphones and putting the volume at a very high level. Do you have any idea how annoying that is a 7am? Topped it off by singing along to some kind of Barney/Sesame street singalong counting song and encouraging disinterested child to do same. To be honest, the father sounded more amused by the Barney song than the child.

After about 10 minutes of this I turned around and said, please use earphones. The rest of the plane is trying to sleep. He gazed at me as if I were an ogre and turned off the tablet.

Last edited by mapleg; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.