Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by SpewyMcSpew
All the idiot had to do was go to the bathroom and poop. This was not a constant gas, get up, sit down, get up again situation. It was quite obvious he ate something that didn't agree with him. He was about to poop his pants and decided just sitting there and passing horrible gas for 6 hours was a better idea than just getting up and going.
Just out of curiosity, with which carrier do you work as an onboard gastroenterologist? Because unless you did a digital rectal exam or a colonoscopy, I'm not sure how in the world you'd have any idea what was causing his flatulence. (News flash: What causes you to fart has absolutely no bearing on what may cause another person to pass gas. But I'm sure you learned that in med school, right?)
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
The guys on an early morning MAN-CDG flight who decided to explain the intricacies of dogging to me, and asked if I wanted to partake in a spit roast......

And they managed that on the ascent and the descent, as I took the coward's way out and pretended to be asleep for most of the flight
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by Jenbel
The guys on an early morning MAN-CDG flight who decided to explain the intricacies of dogging to me, and asked if I wanted to partake in a spit roast......
Sounds like fun, an evening at the greyhounds with a nice dinner afterwards.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:57 am

Lots of posters here having fainting spells because the OP mentioned the annoying guy was Lebanese. Yet when someone mentions the annoying guy is French or Russian....crickets.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by wallaby
Sounds like fun, an evening at the greyhounds with a nice dinner afterwards.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Not necessarily annoying, but I regularly see people getting on the plane walking through First Class looking for their seat. Boarding pass says 34J. They look at the first row, "1". Go to the next row. Stop. Look at the row. "2". One row at a time until they get to the end of First Class. They see the smaller seats, stop and start looking at row numbers in First Class again. Just in case the airline accidentally stuck row 34 between rows 2 and 3.
i dd hear a flight attendant telling passengers to make sure to look at the numbers "cause they aren't always in numerical order"
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:14 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
The person who sat in the middle seat next to me although the window seat was empty. ...?

Or...

The guy who was nearly enraged at me because I didn't want to trade my (reserved well in advance) aisle seat for a window on a 9hr trans-atlantic flight.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:36 pm
Suspended

I once traveled from IST to EZE,apr 18 hour flight,I chose,as always a window on the right side.After I tucked in, this great big russian guy comes and sits down in the aisle,thats OK offcs. Problem is only this,there were 2 seats unocupied in the middle row imediately adjacent to us,so I sugest to him that he mowe to one of them and we both enjoy 2 seats,after all he wanted an aisle,I wanted window,so ideal for both of us. Oh,no,that was impossible,so I had to mowe to the middle row.

Now this TK plane has got theese horrible entertainment boxes under almost all seats,including the ones the scumbag hounded me out of,but NOT including the ones he hounded me into,so I had the considerable pleasure of seing the big .... wigling around for close to 18 hours,trying to comfortably fit his oversized legs into his 2 stolen seats while ocasionally asking him abouth his comfort levell.

I am a foreigner living permanently in Turkey,so I chatted up up a couple of FA abouth the big sh...,in fairly fluent turkish,TK FAs tend to take a liking to foreigners who are able to comunicate with them in their language,so the result were sneers for the scumbag and forgotten requests for water etc for the entire flight. A memorable experience indeed !!!!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by geirfugl
I once traveled from IST to EZE,apr 18 hour flight,I chose,as always a window on the right side.After I tucked in, this great big russian guy comes and sits down in the aisle,thats OK offcs. Problem is only this,there were 2 seats unocupied in the middle row imediately adjacent to us,so I sugest to him that he mowe to one of them and we both enjoy 2 seats,after all he wanted an aisle,I wanted window,so ideal for both of us. Oh,no,that was impossible,so I had to mowe to the middle row.

Now this TK plane has got theese horrible entertainment boxes under almost all seats,including the ones the scumbag hounded me out of,but NOT including the ones he hounded me into,so I had the considerable pleasure of seing the big .... wigling around for close to 18 hours,trying to comfortably fit his oversized legs into his 2 stolen seats while ocasionally asking him abouth his comfort levell.

I am a foreigner living permanently in Turkey,so I chatted up up a couple of FA abouth the big sh...,in fairly fluent turkish,TK FAs tend to take a liking to foreigners who are able to comunicate with them in their language,so the result were sneers for the scumbag and forgotten requests for water etc for the entire flight. A memorable experience indeed !!!!
Not clear why the FAs apparently "punished" (for lack of a better word) the other passenger's choice. Also unclear on why he was a "sh..." (also not sure what insult you're going for there).
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy
Lots of posters here having fainting spells because the OP mentioned the annoying guy was Lebanese. Yet when someone mentions the annoying guy is French or Russian....crickets.
The shortcomings of the Frogs and the Russkies are scientifically proven, but 98% of Americans are too stupid to even locate Lebanon on a map, so it is dangerous to make fun of people who may or may not be white in their meager knowledge.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Not clear why the FAs apparently "punished" (for lack of a better word) the other passenger's choice. Also unclear on why he was a "sh..." (also not sure what insult you're going for there).
For being Russian? On the bright side, he wasn't French or Lebanese...
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P

He sat in his assigned seat. You were the one who was asking him to move for your own comfort. I fail to see how that makes him the scumbag.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:32 pm

I have had excellent luck with seat mates, I've sat next to wonderful people (knock on wood) who are either fun and interesting to chat with or keep to themselves. The only annoying thing I've encountered at close proximity is migraine inducing perfume and cologne.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
This guy declined an offer to make a flight more comfy for both of us because he wanted the 2 seater to himself and understood that I would mowe to the empty seats in the centre 4 seater,thats realy ...... behaviour to me,for once I aplaud TK cabin crew!!When I asked him abouth doing the obvious thing which was to mowe to the empty seats he started muttering abouth liking it better where he was,(and I stress that he would have had an empty seat next to himself) knowing that I would mowe before anybody else would do the same,offcs as I mowed to the middle section he imediatelly headed for the window of the 2 seater,the best place in coach on a 2-4-2 if there is nobody in the aisle seat(that is baring the unlikely event of getting a whole 4 seater to yourself,offcs.)-thats ...... behaviour to me,if ever anything is!!! But,offcs,you might disgree,thats OK.

Last edited by geirfugl; Oct 26, 2014 at 7:46 pm
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
This guy reclined an offer to make a flight more comfy for both of us because he wanted the 2 seater to himself and probably understood that I would mowe to the empty seats in the centre 4 seater,thats realy ...... behaviour to me,for once I aplaud TK cabin crew!!When I asked him abouth doing the obvious thing which was to mowe to the empty seats he started muttering abouth liking it better where he was,knowing that I would mowe before anybody else would do the same,-thats ...... behaviour to me,if ever anything is!!!
So if he'd accepted your suggestion, then it would be perfectly acceptable for him to call you a scumbag? (BTW, you cannot write curse words in FT posts. They get stripped out.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.